Rebuild BM2 green...

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Rebuild BM2 green...

Postby Burgerman » 02 Oct 2016, 18:19

2 inch. They are about 9 diameter, 2.00 x 5 tubeless tyres.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby shirley_hkg » 03 Oct 2016, 02:22

:D

http://e22a.com/h.0IBq7m?cv=AAMUWNgz&sm=44511f

8-) Judging by the visual , the side wall seems short and it is possible that the overall diameter is still 8" .

Price in CNY ¥ : (not a good price after all. )
Tyre: 50¥
Rim : 50¥
shirley_hkg

Postby expresso » 03 Oct 2016, 03:11

those are for the front casters?

how much is that in US Dollars ? nice tires though
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby flagman1776 » 03 Oct 2016, 04:32

SANYO 8 x 2.00 - 5 (from tire sidewall in IMG) are hard to find apparently.

This link has more reasonable shipping I think. $26.99 + 11.55 Shipping = $38.54 delivered. Needs more research.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Solid-T ... .14.R3Lc0Q
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby expresso » 03 Oct 2016, 04:48

those are really nice tires - need to search for rims on that site -

https://world.taobao.com/item/456784126 ... 5678412626

the other site - i cant figure out the shipping from there at all - if i am reading it correctly - its about 12 dollars for rim and 7 dollars for the tire - thats not bad - shipping cant figure it out

would these fit a Quickie chair - with the 5/16 size bearing etc, - it looks like a larger bolt to me
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 03 Oct 2016, 10:22

Will it fit? It would if you "fit" it. The whole world uses metric bearing sizes, metric bolt sizes, because its simple and universal. The US still uses inches and fractions... For bolts and bearings making everything complicated. Or even a mix of both!

I don't have one here to look at. But the bearings be metric, will need either 10 or 12mm axle, and nothing imperial will fit.

So, this 60002RS:
http://www.bearingstation.co.uk/product ... 0002RS-BUD
or 60012RS:
http://www.bearingstation.co.uk/product ... 0012RS-BUD

You will need to buy or make a 10 or 12mm axle, (or bolt...) or get one from a chair in the rest of the world. And you will need to make spacers the correct length. Which is simple to do.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 03 Oct 2016, 16:37

Burgerman wrote:Will it fit? It would if you "fit" it. The whole world uses metric bearing sizes, metric bolt sizes, because its simple and universal. The US still uses inches and fractions... For bolts and bearings making everything complicated. Or even a mix of both!

I don't have one here to look at. But the bearings be metric, will need either 10 or 12mm axle, and nothing imperial will fit.

So, this 60002RS:
http://www.bearingstation.co.uk/product ... 0002RS-BUD
or 60012RS:
http://www.bearingstation.co.uk/product ... 0012RS-BUD

You will need to buy or make a 10 or 12mm axle, (or bolt...) or get one from a chair in the rest of the world. And you will need to make spacers the correct length. Which is simple to do.

i agree with this metric inches system - just annoying and confusing - either one or the other it should be - i seen a while back a history on this and America did actually adopted the metric system - then i dont know how or what president - didnt start it and created the Inches - and thats what they pushed for one reason or another - i guess you can google to find it the history or America and metric -

now that i am going to the larger front casters - i find these - i wont have the smaller casters on my chair once i get the new larger ones fixed - hopefully this year -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 03 Oct 2016, 16:57

America makes many things harder! I am using firefox right now. But not for long.
I chose language: ENGLISH. Obviously, because I am English, speak English, and live in England. We invented it.

So what does it do? It screws up all my typing and keeps on correcting everything into Americanese. Which plainly isn't English! So I have to scroll around the menus and languages to find British English! Why, English IS Englands language!

Installed it. It still thinks everything should be spelled wrong... So now its underlining about 1/3rd my words, and auto changing some and making it half Americanised.

Why isn't simple English, ENGLISH?
American English should be called American English! Surely that's logical and simple enough?

While they were at it, they confused everybody with all the place names (copied from guess where). And took all the imperial measurements. But did them wrong (or differently) to the English. A gallon, or a Pint in the US is smaller... Then they decided to go metric. But only part way. So my US built van has BOTH imperial and metric fasteners and bearings... What gives! :evil:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 03 Oct 2016, 17:29

Burgerman, I'm in the US & won't even argue. Having single vehicles be a mix of Metric & Imperial makes no sense at all. Languages have dialects for different locations... but surely the place of origin should be the prefered language useage (unless they wish to add local dialects... & the USA is not all the same either).
After years of classroom Spanish, my StepDaughter spent an extended time in a Central American country with a mission group & her BFF was in the neighboring country... & there were differences.
flagman1776

Postby Burgerman » 03 Oct 2016, 17:58

I agree. Default language should be AMERICAN ENGLISH and called that.

Then if you scroll down the list, it should say "English"...

For, er, English which comes from England and is English proper! :roll:

Windows install, and other Microsoft products USED to be this way too. But they finally figured it out about the time of xp or vista.

"America and England are two nations divided by a common language."
-Winston Churchill
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 04 Oct 2016, 01:18

Burgerman wrote:America makes many things harder! I am using firefox right now. But not for long.
I chose language: ENGLISH. Obviously, because I am English, speak English, and live in England. We invented it.

So what does it do? It screws up all my typing and keeps on correcting everything into Americanese. Which plainly isn't English! So I have to scroll around the menus and languages to find British English! Why, English IS Englands language!

Installed it. It still thinks everything should be spelled wrong... So now its underlining about 1/3rd my words, and auto changing some and making it half Americanised.

Why isn't simple English, ENGLISH?
American English should be called American English! Surely that's logical and simple enough?

While they were at it, they confused everybody with all the place names (copied from guess where). And took all the imperial measurements. But did them wrong (or differently) to the English. A gallon, or a Pint in the US is smaller... Then they decided to go metric. But only part way. So my US built van has BOTH imperial and metric fasteners and bearings... What gives! :evil:

I have the opposite problem, it keeps trying to make my stuff into Brit - don't you folks know that the metal is Aluminum and there is no U in color? (among many other such things....) :P :roll:

ex-Gooserider....
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 04 Oct 2016, 01:26

I have the opposite problem, it keeps trying to make my stuff into Brit - don't you folks know that the metal is Aluminum and there is no U in color? (among many other such things....) :P :roll:

ex-Gooserider....

Firefox? Yes a mess.
Windows gets it all correct. Firefox is a CPU and memory hog, gives problems with flash as well...
IE + Flash movie = 3% cpu.
FF or Chrome its 35 to 45% cpu! Whats that all about. It eats my laptop batteries.

The metal Aluminium was discovered and named by the English chemist Sir Humphry Davy who was English. Although Firefox keeps trying to spell it wrong! He too originally spelled it wrong, but later corrected his error fairly quickly after speaking to his chemist colleagues. So now the US spell it wrong still, but the rest of the world spell it correctly.

Color and colour are different spellings of the same word. Color is the preferred spelling in American English, and colour is preferred in all other main varieties of English. The distinction extends to all derivatives of the word. Colored, coloring, colorer, colorful, and discolor are the U.S. spellings, and coloured, colouring, colourer, colourful, and discolour are preferred outside the U.S.

Notice the online dictionary calls it Americal English. Not English! As in 'a special version with funny meanings or bad spelling'. Again many countries copied English correctly. The US of course spelled it all wrong! :D
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby SteveO » 12 Nov 2016, 02:05

expresso wrote:those are really nice tires - need to search for rims on that site -

https://world.taobao.com/item/456784126 ... 5678412626

the other site - i cant figure out the shipping from there at all - if i am reading it correctly - its about 12 dollars for rim and 7 dollars for the tire - thats not bad - shipping cant figure it out

would these fit a Quickie chair - with the 5/16 size bearing etc, - it looks like a larger bolt to me

Hi John, do you think these rims and tyres would be a good fit for my castors on my quickie groove? I'd have to somehow extend the forks but they look like a good option. I'd need to translate the page before ordering though.
Quickie F55s (now adding brushless motors and control system) Roma Scirocco Granny chair (selling soon) Quickie Groove M (soon to have P&G system)
SteveO

Postby Burgerman » 12 Nov 2016, 03:13

They are 8 inch x 2 wide on 5 inch rims. So maybe...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 12 Nov 2016, 04:15

those are really nice tires and rims - too bad i moved on now from those 8 x 2 - - going with the larger ones , i am sure if i knew what was going on that page and how to even look around - i bet i can find more sizes - rims and tires -

i cant understand shit there - and good luck if you try to contact them for any answers - but they are nice tires :)
expresso

Postby flagman1776 » 12 Nov 2016, 05:19

I just noticed the previous link to nice tires via ali express from China. I just ordered a tiny set of tools (cheap) from ali... free shipping but can take 30-45 days (via slow damn boat!) I used my spare CC (only use for mail order stuff from unknown sellers) in case this blows up, we'll see.
If it comes through ok it will have been worth the wait.
flagman1776

Postby steves1977uk » 12 Nov 2016, 12:20

I use the en-GB version of Firefox BM, which can be found on Mozilla's FTP site.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 12 Nov 2016, 13:44

Yes, I figured that out. The ENGLISH dictionary does Americanese! And the English British ((how can there be any other? Beats me) STILL DOES!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 12 Nov 2016, 15:56

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... age-tools/

Add the dictionary, then type about:preferences#content in the address bar, scroll down to Languages, click on Choose and remove the English (en) which is installed anyway :twisted:

Try that BM and see if it makes a difference.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 12 Nov 2016, 16:11

Done. We will see... :roll:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mark » 06 Dec 2016, 11:11

Any new photos of how BM2 green rebuild is coming along? Snazzy new car seat?
Mark

Postby Burgerman » 06 Dec 2016, 12:22

I was sidelined for 7 months. On bed. Now up 5 hours a day, catching up! Soon.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mark » 07 Dec 2016, 22:31

Gosh, didn't realise you still weren't back to previous hours off bed. Sorry to hear that. Hope it continues to improve for you.
Mark

Postby Burgerman » 07 Dec 2016, 22:34

So far! Going to pub most evenings so that helps. And also been trying to do PIP assessments, replace one carer 3 times due to morons that don't turn up, leave you in the lurch etc. Its all fun! Now employed a girl from Czechoslovakia and she seems ok.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 07 Dec 2016, 23:09

I hear you BM - i been having a hard time myself finding workers lately - its been over months now - - they dont show up at all - after you talked to them confirmed day before and nothing - then they give a story and a few even want to set up another day for interview - i did it - and again dont show up -

happened today to a girl i actually interviewed already - i was certain - she didnt show up - - maybe i should use a different picture on my phone App - instead of the Joker one i have there now - joker face mask - :mrgreen:

they may add my number to there phone and then see that picture - who knows what they think - haha - now i have another girl speaks hardly no english - will meet her in a few mins - just for a quick interview - lets see if she comes back for training -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 08 Dec 2016, 00:12

I used to use bar maids. That worked well. Might try it again.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 08 Dec 2016, 01:21

sounds good to me :)

This new girl will come tomorrow to watch the routine and back on Sat. to try it herself - if all goes well - she can start ASAP - shes young in collage etc, just been here about 4 months maybe -

will be interesting - shes a strong girl -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 14 Dec 2016, 22:54

New footplate came. 20 quid eBay. Quick coat of wrinkle paint enamel, and into the oven. Looks as good as new and I just need to make up a mounting.
Attachments
810_1401.JPG
810_1402.JPG
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 14 Dec 2016, 23:14

nice - i was thinking about the footplates today - used my chair first time to do a few things - very cold - kept it short - but i paid more attention to my swing aways and i realized that i do make use of them more than i think - my legs do lean on them - which keeps them perfectly spaced etc,

i realized that a center plate wont be good for me for that purpose alone - i am sure my legs would spread open if i used a center mount - wouldnt do me no good that way

i really didnt pay much attention before - just feels natural to me the way i have it now - so i guess my next chair will say the same - which by the way my Appt, if for Jan. 4 - cant wait to get it done and over - then just pick it up when its ready in the summer - i say July August if all goes well

i have two other friends shooting for the 646 also - the vendor is not happy - tries to talk to them out of it for some reason - but not many other RWD chairs to choose from - Quickie is the best for me -
expresso

Postby hank » 14 Dec 2016, 23:17

Burgerman wrote:New footplate came. 20 quid eBay. Quick coat of wrinkle paint enamel, and into the oven. Looks as good as new and I just need to make up a mounting.

Is this for the new Storm Xplore 8-)
Quickie groove Brushless
BM2.5 clone
hank

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair