Programming cable specifically for S-Drive controllers

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Programming cable specifically for S-Drive controllers

Postby jk-tech » 30 Oct 2020, 21:54

Hello,
i looking for the software so long and don’t found it anywhere. Can anybody give me a tip?
I have some pg controllers because i try to build an offroad mobility scooter for my wife. Unfortunately the wigwag poti don’t live long because of heavy shaking. I want find another solution of the expensive poti.
Many thanks
Jens czy
jk-tech

Postby ex-Gooserider » 03 Nov 2020, 03:50

I don't know if it would work for this, but my first thought would be to use an Arduino or other micro-controller to drive a 'digipot' for the input to the controller (see discussions elsewhere for the Arduino based RC system for a more detailed description...) and then finding a more suitable thing to use as a user-interface to feed the Arduino...

This is short on details, but might give you a way to get started...

ex-Goosereider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby darky » 03 Nov 2020, 11:51

Finally today I did it successfully. The issue was the damn CH340 chip, infact today as I received the FTDI232 I connect it with the same previous wiring setup and it worked like a charm. :dance

So thank you all guys for your time, especially @woodygb, I really appreciate it!

jk-tech wrote:i looking for the software so long and don’t found it anywhere. Can anybody give me a tip?

@jk-tech See PM!
darky

Postby jk-tech » 03 Nov 2020, 13:58

Dear all,
i got the sofwtare, thankjs a lot.

@ ex-Goosereider
i did your idea for a hacked cheap china controller (PWM DC10-55V 60A). Analog input from a standard robust poti, reading it constantily and convert it to an pwm signal, feeding a low pass filter to generate a anlog output from 0 to 5V. It works, but the electronic conversions was to extensive so i looking for another solution.

Then i use an curtis 1225, this controller have the abiloty to modify the sensitive of anlog input. So you can install an robust poti (in use https://docs.rs-online.com/56b9/0900766b81584534.pdf), set the parameter to 15 instead of 100 and so you can use a 285° poti as an 20° poti. This works great, but not with PG Controller.

In case of PG controller it seems to be a current sensing system because the second ground speed poti is in serie with the wigwag and in this case only current measuring is avaible or anothe black magic measuring. Now i know that the ground speed is also avaible at a separate pin after controller programming. I hope i got 0V and 5V on the poti-pins to feed the mcu and drive the controller with analog output.

Many thanks
Jens
jk-tech

Postby woodygb » 03 Nov 2020, 14:04

https://www.4qd.co.uk/product-category/ ... tles-pots/

You do NOT need the second speed limiting pot... simply omit it.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby jk-tech » 03 Nov 2020, 14:31

Dear woodygb,
many thanks for the fast answer.

Unfortunately i need the second ground speed poti, because my wife drives sometimes very dynamical, also in the supermarket and second i want walk and not run alongside of my wife. :lol:

But i'm sure to find a solution.

br
Jens
jk-tech

Postby woodygb » 03 Nov 2020, 15:06

A verbal request to "slow down" might also work.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 03 Nov 2020, 15:27

You do realise that there are 2 wiring options for the speed pot?

Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby hooijdonk » 03 Nov 2020, 16:33

woodygb wrote:Check your P.M.

where can you find the software??

Br
hooijdonk

Postby jofthepioneer » 07 Jan 2021, 23:48

Hi,

I have a Kymco XLS with an s-drive. I need to find the software for modifying the programming along with the cable detailed in this topic.
I am a new member and need help.

Thanks

Jonathan
jofthepioneer

Postby woodygb » 07 Jan 2021, 23:51

Hi Jonathan ...Welcome!

Please add your general location to your profile.

I can provide a lead ...but postage may be prohibitive depending on your location in this world.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby jofthepioneer » 08 Jan 2021, 11:53

Hi,

Profile updated.

Thanks for the offer of a cable, how much is it? I will probably try myself first , but if I fail I will be in touch for sure.

I will let you know how I got on with everything when done.

Thanks again

Jonathan
jofthepioneer

Postby woodygb » 08 Jan 2021, 12:22

I can offer 2 versions ...one is based on a cheap chinese FTDI chip clone/knock off board @ £15 or one based on a GENUINE FTDI chip cable @ £25.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby jofthepioneer » 11 Jan 2021, 21:55

Hi all,

As promised, details of my investigations with a Kymco maxi xls.

To start with I tried a couple of usb - ttl adaptors I had kicking around , the first was a genuine pl2303. This did not work.
Next I tired a CH340, again I had this and use quite regularly for other purposes, again this did not work.

Today I received a ft232rl, from a uk seller, but probably fake, it worked- first time no problems.

I have seen some discussion in this thread regarding the pull up resistor value, I can confirm that 47K and 33K both worked fine and in fact I still had good comms with the 5v completely disconnected from the adaptor.

I used both the manufacture and oem software versions without any problems, and I was able to turn the annoying reverse buzzer off completely. Happy days.

Big thanks to woodygb for providing the software and manuals.

Jonathan
jofthepioneer

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair