Bounder - have you owned one? Can you recommend it?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Bounder - have you owned one? Can you recommend it?

Postby Jay_x » 19 Jan 2016, 16:16

I'm looking at maybe pushing the VA to get me a bounder. I'm specifically looking at the narrow frame with the lithium-ion battery

Anybody out there have one now or in the past?

Can you recommend it?
Jay_x

Re: Bounder - have you owned one? Can you recommend it?

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2018, 00:06

Hi - i know this is very old - but if you still want to know about the bounder - i just got one for the first time with lithium - and top speed 11.7 - i havnt used it too much but a good 6 times since i just got it - i can offer some input - some good and some not so good - bottom line - i still like the chair - has potential and options
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2018, 01:15

I think you missed him by 2 years and 11 months! :ak47
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2018, 01:37

yeah i know - what i been doing is actually looking over your site from the very start - being the end page 65 and working my way back - page by page and happen to find many sections on the bounder chair - since i just got mines - i figure let him know if hes still around on here or not etc,

i been re reading the pages - not every single section but page by page to read up and catch something i missed , learn something new i didnt realize etc, - i am up to page 15 - soon i be done - then i will read the pinned sections again - its been a while and good to catch up on things. i realize alot of users have not posted much and alot are still here from the start back in 2010 - not sure when you started this - i joined back in 2010 myself but havnt really gotten into it till i decided to go ahead with the lithium - tires etc, - i am sure i drove a few of your guys crazy - :)

maybe a few dont even like or care for me and my questions - but its Ok - its worth it to me to keep asking if i dont get it -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2018, 01:43

If you can learn something by asking then that what you should do!

Did you vote? https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... index.html
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 07 Nov 2018, 02:06

yeah thats how i feel - if i dont get something i will keep asking till i get it - sometimes its how its presented in the question and also in the answer - i did vote - i do it in the mail weeks ago - i havnt been watching - i really dont like any side or sides - they are all bullshit - BUT - its been a bit crazy since we got the current president - lets see what happens - and i wont be too surprised if he wins a 2nd Term. - i dont consider myself a Dem. or a Rep. i like to decide on what makes sense to me and benefits the people - and many times - i can sound like a Rep. on some things and Dem. on others - what makes sense to me is what i like to do on given i know the facts - or at least what they try to feed us as facts - bottom line - we really dont know the true facts on many if not all things.

what can we do - i just want to ride in the summer with my lithiums :) tweaking the bounder some - feeling much better now shocks are breaking in - reduce PSI - New cells arriving in a few days 80ah - excited over that - i realize i have to reduce the speed - if i want more bottom end - we see first how the range works out with the extra 80ah - then work in the speed - - and maybe off road tires ATV stye - down the line - what i like is theres options - and controling the chair is much better also - getting used to the JS box and stick - its smoother than you think once you adjust to it - not great for indoors if you ask me - having my seat back an extra inch offset when it was built feels much better when i sit in this chair now .

i made a mistake with the gearing - so i need a new sprocket chain and problem solved - i spoke to them and he will work with me on the costs - i am not stuck - thats the main thing - i cant go below 9 mph though - with my motors - i may try 10 first - since it only needs the rear sprocket for that and chain - leaving the motor sprocket alone - makes it easier for the tech to swap out for me.

if thats not enough - then i would change out the motor sprocket to get 9mph - lowest it can go - i wont have to change the rear sprocket - only the motor end - so i can try 10 mph first - i feel once i fix that with the extra 80ah - i can take my long distance rides with it - as it is right now - i cant take my long rides -
expresso

Return to Everything Powerchair