Videos - Rides

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Videos - Rides

Postby Burgerman » 13 Aug 2016, 17:49

Seen that before. Doesent look like anything special though? Not sure what he is trying to show. I did worse than that every day I walked my dog! Not to mention the beach, and the muddy fields in winter.

Thats from when he was pushing the rival as the greatest new chair (that happens to be designed to fit a new insurer category). Whatever chair is their latest on is the one he pushes. He has been pushing the marvelous edge 2 with its seat riser for about a year now. With its tiny batteries and range problems! Theres people complaining all over that site about battery issues and running out of range. Even though he says its adequate, and blames the user for not 'training' the batteries whatever thata means!

Now he is saying that lithium that some of us have been using for about 7 years, will be here in 2 to 4 years... See here:

http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/forums/ ... #Post72365

I don't know what battery technology they're using, but here's what's needed in the complex rehab realm:

-Quality-of-life range, where you simply don't need to worry about running out of power no matter your lifestyle each day.

-compactness for low seat-to-floor heights, etc.

-Cost-effectiveness.

-Medical-classification and air-carrier safety.

The good news is, there are such battery technologies evolving. Getting through the vetting, testing and regulatory processes takes time. But, as I keep saying, 2018 and 2020 will demonstrate leaps in innovation. Thank you.

He's clueless. It clearly says Lithium Ion Phosphate on the page linked!

Pretty amazing bullshit when you consider that everything that is battery powered, has already been lithium powered for well over half a decade. Everything from my mower, hedge trimmer, drill, strimmer, toothbrush, razor, phone, laptop, tools, hobby flying things like planes, helis, transmitter, etc etc etc. And he said 2 to 4 years, about 7 years ago...

You ALREADY have it, and are using it today. And his argument about funding is also stupid. Its cheaper TODAY long term. Whats more you are getting 3x the range for that cheaper cost! With safe long lasting batteries. Try and buy any of those things above with a lead battery! Or a real electric car, bike?

And I have some lithium cells here from 2003!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 13 Aug 2016, 21:21

It's too bad. If I didn't know better seeing this chair video would make me interested also I seen one person here with it I don't like it not then not now. But at the very first time I seen before I knew better. I did like it till I demo one. Didn't like it at all the r4000 at that time
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 13 Aug 2016, 22:27

I wasn't saying it was a bad chair. Never really looked at one. Its def better than their mid drive 6 wheel bone shakers for outdoors and it has grp24 batts. But I don't think its anything any different from any other rear drive chairs. And its pride so getting access to an OEM programmer isn't possible. That rules it out for me to begin with. I see they are bringing out an edge version of the 6000 mid drive chair with that seat riser and the inhibits adjusted to let it go 3mph with the seat up... After the backlash/bad publicity about range on the 22nf version.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 13 Aug 2016, 23:04

i wont consider any pride - just saying when i didnt know better - it kinda looks strong and rugged - etc, - would only consider it with 8mph motors back then - but once i used one for a few weeks R4000 - i didnt like it all

quickie RWD are the best you can do here at least thats how i feel - if using RWD - MWD - i dont know how good theres is - i dont like it -

the P222se RWD is and ideal chair to modify - thats the one i am considering to do - i have tilt on it already - so i need that - i can move that frame back a notch more to seat over the rear more - its already very light in the front to begin with - if i can make a set of rims to work on that rear tubeless - larger tires etc, - and use the front casters like you have - that size - i should have a much better ride from it - i can even adjust seat frame height on that model with just two screws under the seat in the front - lower the front if i find it too high with the 10 x 3 tires - and larger rear tires - i will be asking you BM about more rim tire options you think i can use on it - i dont mind if it adds an Inch overall to the chair - i like to keep it at or below 25.5 total width - i think now its 24 or 24.5 -

if i can get a nice softer ride from this chair - i have the speed also - with a larger rear tire - move the seat back - should be fun to ride - right now - i hate to use it - too hard stiff ride - still working on those 9 x 3 Air front casters for it -

i decided in any future models - will go for largest front casters i can get - 9 x 3 - but if i can make the 10 x 3 work like yours - i will change it to them also - on both my chairs - i am realizing how the smaller 8 x 2 i have now dont hold up as well with all my riding around in parks some off road - nothing major but want to go wider now for better grip also - more tire options -

what i dont understand is this - the same fork you are using and tire combo etc, - would that work on my quickie p222se chair ? what about the internal parts bolts nuts - etc, to install it -
what would be used - the stock internal parts ? just new ones - ?

if so - and if you can link me to all the parts - 10 x 3 tires - forks - spacers - etc, anything i would need - i will check it out

thanks
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 13 Aug 2016, 23:38

Dont know what will fit without taking it apart and measuring things... Why don't you get another one like the one you like. Ebay the one you dont?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 14 Aug 2016, 00:11

this is where i will have the problem doing this type of stuff - even a minor fork caster will involve someone else to take it apart etc,
which means i have to hire a tech to do it - - i can do that if i have the parts that i know will work - then he can just install new parts - the tech is like every other wheelchair tech - they go by make and model and just find the same ones you have - - the moment you mention custom - this or that - they are lost - i may be able to have another tech if he is interested - i just need to be close - with the parts to install etc, - dont know how a 10 x 3 tire fits on my chair - i will wait for the 9 x 3 to see how that fits and rides - it may just be fine that way -

then worry about the rear tires only - for tubeless etc, - leave the front 9 x 3 Air - the rear is simple to change out once i have the correct rims tire - spacer adapter made -
expresso

Postby ex-Gooserider » 16 Aug 2016, 04:34

expresso wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5C9ggDusI

Check out Mark -

I'd consider that video to be pushing pretty hard on the boundary for 'deceptive advertising' - over-speed video, camera angles that exaggerate the terrain challenges, etc... Not to mention that it is run so fast that you can't really see any details about what the chair is actually doing....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Mind The Gap » 29 Sep 2016, 10:56

Nice day at the park

https://youtu.be/bLJ_1IU4rSo
Otto Bock B500 with 105ah lifepo4 main, 48ah lifepo4 addon. 153ah total.
Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2016, 11:43

Looks very relaxing. Esp the golf!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Sully » 29 Sep 2016, 21:07

Nice video and ride, must have been a weekday not too many folks about.

Sully

Postby hobie1dog » 30 Sep 2016, 01:15

I would have been nervous going across that field, and the crosswalks, haven't done either of those things yet. Thanks for the lengthy video, ready for the next one.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 30 Sep 2016, 01:22

Here's an old dog walk one and an old chair! He was old, so had to go slow. Shows why I use large casters and low pressures. Cam is in my hand, so on my knee and a bit wobbly...
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/dogwalk.mp4
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 30 Sep 2016, 01:41

Burgerman wrote:Here's an old dog walk one and an old chair! He was old, so had to go slow. Shows why I use large casters and low pressures. Cam is in my hand, so on my knee and a bit wobbly...
http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/gopro/dogwalk.mp4

What a beautiful dog, my dog owner days are long gone.
No way my Invacare could attempt that. As you have said before, only good for use inside Nursing homes.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 30 Sep 2016, 02:22

Sadly now lives under my garden. In his favourite spot.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 02 Oct 2016, 11:43

Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 02 Oct 2016, 11:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1jHabj ... e=youtu.be

A bus! How quaint. And as usual, empty and a waste of fuel... Otherwise nice sunny day for what amounts to winter!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 02 Oct 2016, 15:47

nice videos - area looks very nice -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 02 Oct 2016, 16:21

You do what I do, and travel a lot on empty(ish) roads where possible, and long areas where there's flat smooth tracks and no people. So you would be very happy with a faster chair. And you get about so likely have short battery service life/lack of range?

Those are why I built my faster lithium longer range chair. I am going to enter and win a marathon next year! :ugeek: :lol: In the last 100 metres. I want to be on the front page. Fat 56 year old wins marathon!

Part3 13.51 you stopped? Temp problem? Non of my chairs do that. You need to increase temp that they roll back. Adding just 5 or 10 degrees means it no longer happens. Or a small fan.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 03 Oct 2016, 02:44

Mind The Gap's chair is so quiet, isnt it?

I see all cameras now make images curved. They do not look true and natural. My very old camera panasonic fh5 offers very true images/videos, they are not curved. Are there any action/dash cameras which do not make images curved?
snaker

Postby hobie1dog » 03 Oct 2016, 04:15

Mind the gap...thanks, you sure live in a great place for wheelchairs. I would have been nervous going that far. Are all those metal gates spring hinged?

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 03 Oct 2016, 17:01

That's only about 1/3rd his range. No worries. You would be safe. Myself, and a few others, are regularly doing 30 to 40+ miles out and about in a day! (Not with lead however). See some of Expressos posts. He videos, and logs the trips on his phones GPS.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 04 Oct 2016, 08:00

hobie1dog wrote:Mind the gap...thanks, you sure live in a great place for wheelchairs. I would have been nervous going that far. Are all those metal gates spring hinged?

Hi hobie1dog

S.E. London on the boarder with Kent. Have someone to fetch and carry me if needed, but try not to bother them.

Yes all spring hinged I push them with wheelchair to help open them.

Regards Paul
Mind The Gap

Postby Mind The Gap » 04 Oct 2016, 08:06

snaker wrote:Mind The Gap's chair is so quiet, isnt it?

I see all cameras now make images curved. They do not look true and natural. My very old camera panasonic fh5 offers very true images/videos, they are not curved. Are there any action/dash cameras which do not make images curved?

Hi Snaker

Gopro 3 Silver + edition lens settings, narrow normal and wide just leave it on wide to capture anything I may have missed.

Regards Paul
Mind The Gap

Postby Mind The Gap » 05 Oct 2016, 08:13

Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 05 Oct 2016, 08:25

private...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 05 Oct 2016, 08:47

Hi BM

Part3 13.51 you stopped? Temp problem? Non of my chairs do that. You need to increase temp that they roll back. Adding just 5 or 10 degrees means it no longer happens. Or a small fan.[/quote]

Stopped just in-case to give motors rest before attempting steep hill. Have increase temp roll back some time ago ta.
If you look at videos I posted today part 1/ 20mins into video you will see that I do stop just before reaching the top of the steep spiral stair/ramp. I should have stopped and rested the motors before going up it as I had just done a fairly long run to there from home. On return journey I rested before attempting it and got got to the top OK.

Regards
Paul
Mind The Gap

Postby Burgerman » 05 Oct 2016, 10:08

While running along at speed, your motors and controller have the least current going through them. And the faster they spin, the most internal heat transfer to the casings so they cool better too. So you shouldn't really need to be stopping and resting them. Unless at the top or halfway up, a steep hill, or when say turning left/right all the time sweeping a driveway or similar.

Turning on the spot, 100A per motor potentially.
Running along on the flat, only 5 to 8 Amps typically with best cooling.
Steep hills can be 15 to 30A per motor, or more depending how steep.
Steep 15 degree ramp may be 80A per motor.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 10 Oct 2016, 01:30

This road is right beside a seashore. Nice view and bit off-road.
https://youtu.be/KM0DQns-Wh4?t=1456
snaker

Postby hobie1dog » 28 Oct 2016, 04:43

snaker wrote:This road is right beside a seashore. Nice view and bit off-road.
https://youtu.be/KM0DQns-Wh4?t=1456

Awesome videos, we need more.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby snaker » 13 Nov 2016, 11:29

Some scenes of the Ho Chi Minh trail. It used to be a 'fury road' in the Vietnam War.
https://youtu.be/lQpZeDkaOFQ
snaker

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair