Site Admin

Re: Videos - Rides

Postby expresso » 03 Jun 2016, 20:59

Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jun 2016, 21:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efPnk05 ... e=youtu.be

Just watchet 20 mins of this. Dont know how you stand it. Theres almost no place where you just go. Its all swerving, slowing, waiting, tuning, starting, all of the time! I would lose patience and take to the road after the first 60 seconds.

You waste much of the battery with all the turning, slowing, swerving etc. You would get 30% better range if the streets were empty, and you took to the road.

When no dog, I NEVER release the stick, its full speed everywhere. :)
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 04 Jun 2016, 16:00

yeah - i agree its NYC - its expected in any Big City - i take to the roads when i can - it all depends - with all the construction going on here - everywhere - and people - its a back and forth type of thing - road - sidewalk etc -

cant help it - you have to move around - once i get across - its better as i go further up North of the City - towards the GWB i will do soon one day to test the pack - miles etc, - but even there its not going to be empty streets - you have the bikes back and forth -

if i lived up north - where theres homes and quiet area etc, - yeah then its better in terms of roads etc, - but then its also DEAD - no where to go - etc, - for a wheel chair user - you want to be in the city - its freedom - i can go out and go to central park in 15 mins - or any other dozens of parks around the city - i go to shows - so many things - and go back home easily with the chair - alone if i wish or with company -

but its crowded - everyone wants to be here - so alot of people - i try to avoid as much as i can - but only so much you can avoid - trust me you bring your chairs here - they wont last 10 years riding in the city :mrgreen:

going out in a few to a BBQ in a Park - it would be very boring if i didnt live in the city to be honest - i can get up and just go now - but if lived in the Sticks somewhere - where would i go ? outside the front door and then what - no where -

as much as i didnt like the city before when i drove my car - its different once in a chair -
expresso

Postby expresso » 04 Jun 2016, 17:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFiJnvcSm-w

Part 1 of June 2 Ride -

have to finish up the rest tonight - will be going out in a few to a BBQ in one of the Parks -

Ok heres a Pic of Me - the way i am normally - :) one of my sisters in the middle and my zuli on the left there -

Zuli is the one that helped me with my Full pack - most of the time - a few others here and there - she was also the one to help me along with Quickiee2 - when i did my Speakers - a few years back - replacing tweeters - midrange horns etc, -
polish them up - etc, - Mint Condition - a excellent pair of Klispch Forte II - if i had to get rid of all my stuff - i would keep these if only able to have one pair - they are great -

got lucky off Ebay at the time for the speakers - and the guy even drove them to me instead of trying to ship speakers at 70 pounds each - they are hard to come across at the condition i got them - my main concern was the Cabinet - wood etc, outside - and front Grills since they are close to 30 years old - and kick ass :D
expresso

Postby expresso » 05 Jun 2016, 02:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpKWNG8ocM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nqrAp6jsS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYekcHhX4ac

the rest of the parts from the same day ride -

i make a few parts so its not one long video - easier for Youtube also i think to upload and process -
expresso

Postby snaker » 05 Jun 2016, 08:14

@expresso: What power source does your camera actually use? Its battery (900mAh?) or an external source?
snaker

Postby expresso » 05 Jun 2016, 15:47

hi snaker - the battery that comes with the camera is 900 - it comes with two of them - but they are rated to last about a hour each - then you have to stop take it apart - etc, change the battery - i hate doing that - so i happen to have one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-Compact- ... _pd_nS_ttl

so i keep this connected to the camera - one battery in the camera and this connected - thats it - i can just leave it that way and it works the whole time - over 5 hours - then when i get home - i charge this external battery pack - the camera is fully charged - it never drains - this pack was only half used also -

this is why i like this camera also - it works while being charged - some you cant charge when in use etc - the camera is not top of the line - and it works very good only in light - day time etc, - not very good if cloudy or night - its too dark then

but for the cost - hey cant complain
expresso

Postby snaker » 06 Jun 2016, 03:25

Ah, you are using an external power source. I am looking for a power bank too. The best one here is an Anker but 3 times more expensive than yours ($34/6.000mAh). Other choices are cheaper Chinese but from unknown, unreliable sources => burn and explosive :mrgreen:
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 06 Jun 2016, 03:57

YOU ARE SAT ON ONE!!!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 06 Jun 2016, 03:58

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Williamclark77 » 08 Jun 2016, 17:02

I bought a Sony Action Cam. Not because I'm a Sony fan or anything, but because the shape of the camera is much easier for me to hold and handle. Video quality is pretty good.

Since nobody else is playing I will. :D

I recorded this last weekend. It's on my property where the creek floods. It's rough.

http://www.willsjunk.com/Other/WillChair/n-kfRtm/i-8pD5Tkx/A
WcMade.com - Get nearly anything you need made
Williamclark77

Postby expresso » 08 Jun 2016, 17:37

Very Nice - what model Cam did you get - - just curious - - the cost of these things are coming down - unless you get a Go Pro - etc, - but anyone can get a decent little camera to mount and video there rides - or what ever -

i am uploading more video as we speak - YouTube - my channel is Expresso4712 - i have maybe 4 more parts - and 3 more uploading now - should be ready for later - i tried to cross a bridge with the seat all the way up etc, - i figure i can roll slowly across - but thats out of the question - its SOOO SLOW to move when seat lift is engaged - it would take me 2 weeks to cross - so back down and moving along -

i didnt even view these videos yet myself - hope i got something decent in them to watch - i did meet a girl on a bike for a few mins. and since my camera is low - i got a nice pair of legs in there somewhere :)

what kind of chair are you using there in that video ? what i notice on my camera is i really dont have a zoom - it does but only 4x - and far objects are pretty much far away in the video - this is my first camera other than my digital camera i was using - this one is better but i am sure i can improve - maybe for next year when 4K gets better and cheaper -
expresso

Postby Williamclark77 » 08 Jun 2016, 18:00

My camera is the AS20. Nothing special. Does good enough. I think it's half the price now than it was a year ago.

4k is pointless unless you just really need to fill up storage space. The only reason it is being pushed is to drive sales on everyone upgrading. Unless you're watching on a 60+ inch tv you can't tell the difference between 1080 and 4k. And even then, it's not easy to tell unless the scenes you're looking at are identical. Properly shot 1080 (or 720p for that matter) will look better than 4k from your phone or $75 Chinese action camera.

That wheelchair is a Willchair. Duh! :lol:

It's one I built myself.
Williamclark77

Postby expresso » 08 Jun 2016, 18:48

OK - haha - - the camera i have is 1080P 30 Fps - its pretty decent but can always be a bit sharper and less burry during movements - which brings me to the next level 1080p 60 Fps - how much better will that do - cant say - i have to compared - i would imagine - it better for sure - how much is the question -

i can buy the same camera i have but at 1080p 60 Fps - and keep costs reasonable - then the question is for me anyway - zoom functions - how much zoom can it do - and quality of the zoom when in use - then the night time or low light -
thats the order i am looking for - if 1080p 60 does a good enough improvement - thats worth it for me for a small increase in cost - then zoom comes in play - then low light - since i mostly will be out during the day for these rides -

you can get mines for $48 - or $58 with wifi - not that bad considering -
expresso

Postby snaker » 10 Jun 2016, 01:43

Williamclark77 wrote:That wheelchair is a Willchair. Duh! :lol:

You must name it WillTank. Its sound when starting (boosting?) is like in a F1 racing.
snaker

Postby expresso » 10 Jun 2016, 03:50

i am putting more videos up on my Youtube channel - if you want to see them - i will be adding more as i do them - i think today was a decent short ramble in Central Park - had a few bikinis there - too bad my camera dosnt really zoom much at all - was cold for me chilly windy - 72 - only - but once the sun is out in NYC - everything goes crazy - :)

Expresso4712 - YouTube channel to look me up -
expresso

Postby popschief » 10 Jun 2016, 04:13

Since nobody else is playing I will. :D

Hope you brought the rifle along, BigFoot must be out there somewhere. :shock:

bp
popschief

Postby Williamclark77 » 10 Jun 2016, 21:06

snaker wrote:
Williamclark77 wrote:That wheelchair is a Willchair. Duh! :lol:

You must name it WillTank. Its sound when starting (boosting?) is like in a F1 racing.

The camera is mounted with the speaker directly in front of the gearbox and drive chains. It makes it sound LOUD. It's definitely louder than brushed motors with a worm gearbox, but not loud like it sounds with a microphone right on it.

It does pretty good outdoors. Far, FAR better than any other indoor/outdoor powerchair I know of. Still room for improvement.

There's all kinds of critters in them woods!
Williamclark77

Postby Burgerman » 10 Jun 2016, 21:44

I thought you were supposed to fill them full of holes in the US? :o
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Williamclark77 » 10 Jun 2016, 22:52

Burgerman wrote:I thought you were supposed to fill them full of holes in the US? :o

Not during this time of the year :lol:
Williamclark77

Postby snaker » 11 Jun 2016, 04:24

Burgerman wrote:http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/usb-powerchair-charge-port.htm

BM, what usb shell did you use to cover (wrap?) the board (the usb end)? Is there any shell which supports 2-port usb (because almost good cigar chargers here have 2 usb ports)? Or can we re-use the charger case after opening it?

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/images- ... ir/NEG.jpg
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 11 Jun 2016, 09:37

Just heat shrink tube.

Theres 101 ways to do this. I used the one I did because it was on my bench.

Use one of these if its easier, or you need more power.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-DC-12V-24V ... SwRLZT0M0o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-DC-step-do ... Swj0NUfxir

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-KIS3R33S- ... Sw3ydVvCV3

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-to-DC-Conv ... Sw7NNT4uP6
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mind The Gap » 11 Jun 2016, 13:17

Hi all,

Just a couple of vids of me going to Bromley, Kent. Otto Bock B500 with wheel locks on to help with steep camber on some streets. This was before getting cable from Woody to adjust the controller. Anticipation was the key for getting the corners right :D

https://youtu.be/vkwTfavf7Ug

https://youtu.be/RcXT9wykZbs
Otto Bock B500 with 105ah lifepo4 main, 48ah lifepo4 addon. 153ah total.
Mind The Gap

Postby expresso » 11 Jun 2016, 15:28

nice video - where do you have the camera mounted - and what kind of camera are you using ?

looks nice -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 11 Jun 2016, 18:15

What are wheel locks? And whats rattling all the time? Sounds like its coming apart!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 13 Jun 2016, 17:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83JrUnWhS0Q

just added this - there are 4 parts to it - i think it shows decent - i even slowed down a bit - which is a good thing if just rambling around - should make for a better video

tell me - i break them into 1 hour parts - is that too long ? should i make them each 30 mins instead and then have 8 or 9 parts ?

what do you think - i want people to watch them but not get too bored if its too long - also if you skip at times - it skips alot and you might miss something nice etc. - i think the videos show pretty decent for a 50 dollars camera :D

this one was around NYC West Side - water - freedom tower area - my friend was looking for a fishing spot they have - he found one - its free also - every sunday - they supply the Rods etc, - its catch and release -

i am not into it - dont see the point of if - i also not crazy about killing anything really - not animals thats for sure - i like to be on a big boat - just relax etc, dont need to fish - enjoy the waters etc, - that must feel great -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jun 2016, 17:24

I watch at 2x speed... 16mph like mine!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 13 Jun 2016, 17:46

that must look nice at 2x speed - :) here in the city - if going any faster than i do - which is decent very good for the city for sure - if you were here - you cant do that speed with people around - but on my long rides - open roads etc,
then you can open it up - thats nice -

i wouldnt mind it at all - i already feel slow when i am not going full speed now - i can only do it alone - with others i go about 7 mph and i am still in the front -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jun 2016, 17:49

I mean YOU go 16mph too, you can choose 2x speed on utube!
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair