Throttled to PPP. Tacking back control of my independence.

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Throttled to PPP. Tacking back control of my independence.

Postby Positive_Bunny » 18 Aug 2017, 15:08

Hello everyone,
I am sorry if this is in the wrong topic. I have read the posts on getting the s-drive s200 to perform to an individuals needs. I am hoping that I can firm up my knowledge and figure out a path of rescuing my minicrosser from It's current "reprogram at service" knackered state.
The Medema Minicrosser M2. After the service it is as slow as a wet week 5-6 mph (not 8), responds like I'm speaking to the controller via speaking tube, twist throttle, wait, wait ,wait there we go a really weak acceleration. The tiller LCD display, is missing it's inclinometer (don't want to fall over) and thermometer (useful for my condition), they replaced it with a big shop advert. It's all company policy, so that must be OK. I love being treated like a child not! :oops:
The setup seems to be a P&G S-drive s200 controller under the cowling and access to the settings (locked with a pin) via the LCD on the tiller. The LCD showed angle, temp, time, battery state etc). Since the service tilt and temp display have gone, along with all performance. It's so sluggish, it's dangerous and so slow that the school run and dog walking with my child on a bike have become an exercise in frustration. My backup Pride Executive outperforms it every way except it doesn't do off road which I need as I have to go through a park.
I am hopeful that with the groups knowledge and experience I can help myself and escape from the "mobility tyrants".
What do I do now, Medema have make the system as inaccessible as possible. I took it to another shop and they plugged in some software but it could only see basic settings and then said "not possible". It is and was before the "service".
Your advice is appreciated. Am I dealing with just the controller or have they used a controller and microprocessor in the tiller? Which way to connect via tiller power port or the square 4 pin controller plug. Both? Which cable will I need. Any ideas on the software version? The Minicrosser gave me "legs" now I can't join in family life because it's so slow and unresponsive it's a liability.

Cheers,

David.
Positive_Bunny

Re: Throttled to PPP. Tacking back control of my independen

Postby Burgerman » 18 Aug 2017, 15:32

Take it back, tell them to return it to how it was!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Positive_Bunny » 18 Aug 2017, 16:24

Hello Burgerman,
Thanks for your quick reply. I have asked the response was "company policy". There are 2 dealers in the UK and the manufacturer is Danish. Both dealers are south of me by several hours driving. £250 a trip for then to pick up and drop off with the same droid like response. It's been back twice. My piggy bank can't take it. They have already had this years family holiday money. So they have me over a barrel. I've asked, offered to pay, mentioned legal action. The conservation always goes the same, "company policy from Denmark". After many polite calls and two returns I was told to f off with threats. So I am up a creek without a paddle. Dealing with this brand is the worst decision I've made in a long time. I would love to drag this to court but alas funds won't stretch. Hence self reliance. I am really hoping that the road does not end here. I will post some pictures of the controller / LCD. My Salsa M chair just does not do out doors and the whole purpose of the Minicrosser was to include me in my active family life. I hate life ending at the edge of the pavement.

Your own chair engineering is awesome, I think the remote control is inspired.

Cheers,

David.
Positive_Bunny

Postby Positive_Bunny » 18 Aug 2017, 16:59

Here are some pictures of the controller, LCD and my chair which ends at the edge of the pavement. I really hope the group can help. They have me nailed £250 each time to collect the minicrosser and repeat "company policy from Denmark" easy money. I'm all out of options. Leaves me isolated from family life, that really stings, Hence I'm hoping that I can help myself.

Cheers,

David
Attachments
ctrl.jpg
s-drive
lcd.jpg
Tiller
MyChair.jpg
Trusty Salsa
Positive_Bunny

Postby Burgerman » 18 Aug 2017, 19:10

I would take them to court. It is now not working properly. You must be mad to ignore that. It says in the specs for eg 8mph.

Theres a pinned thread on programming leads on the forum. Not sure but the usual mobility programmer may work on that power module.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby sad_vampire » 18 Aug 2017, 19:29

The manual, page 11 onward, Programming

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/84198 ... =11#manual
sad_vampire

Postby Positive_Bunny » 18 Aug 2017, 20:09

Burgerman,
You are absolutely right. If I had the funds I would really ,really like to take them to court. It's caused me no end of grief, Two suppliers in the UK (basically a monopoly) with the head office overseas However no money left to-do it. Which does leave you feeling mad and frustrated that you can't. Thank you for the pointer to the thread I shall be reading and hopefully get a suitable cable etc. That way I will finally be free of those muppets and normal family activities can resume. I can't wait.

Cheers.

David.
Positive_Bunny

Postby Positive_Bunny » 18 Aug 2017, 20:22

Sad_Vampire,
Thank you for researching for me. You are absolutely right there is one screen of "user" options if you hold down the function button. I've posted a picture of it. If you press the function button with the speed + key it then takes you to the PIN protected medema logo settings area that the engineers use. I hope to try get to these by a lead. Once again thanks, I appreciate it. If you have any other suggestions that would be great. Do you know about leads?

Cheers,

David.
Attachments
LCD_settings.jpg
Positive_Bunny

Postby sad_vampire » 19 Aug 2017, 02:29

Have you tried the default PIN: 1234

I know nothing about leads, but there are some experts on here that may be able to help.
sad_vampire

Postby rover220 » 19 Aug 2017, 06:28

Pop the small cover off the power module so we can see what connections are there. I suspect a normal programming lead with molex rather than xlr will work.
rover220

Postby woodygb » 19 Aug 2017, 08:58

Positive_Bunny wrote:There are 2 dealers in the UK and the manufacturer is Danish.
David.

http://www.minicrosser.com/united_kingdom.asp
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Return to Everything Powerchair