Quantum Q6 seat elevation system issue

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Quantum Q6 seat elevation system issue

Postby DBurg » 17 Oct 2017, 01:42

Hello,

I faced a strange problem with elevation set at Quantum Q6 Edge (Q-Logic joystick). The chair I bought is pre-owned, it supposed to have seat elevation, tilt, and other nice features. Tilt was working as expected, but elevation didn't. When I removed controller's cover, I found that cable connected to the elevation sensor is unplugged from the controller. I connected it back, now seat can go up and down, but just seat elevating even for 10 cm, wheelchair enters into inhibition mode and speed decrease dramatically, the green circle in the bottom of the screen changing to yellow "do not enter" sign. I changed elevation sensor cable, but it didn't bring any result. However, if put small magnet below the sensor, the chair comes out from the inhibit mode, and seat can be lifted up. But it is impossible to lower the seat another, then by removing the magnet.
My question is: doe anybody has experience with troubleshooting such issue? Any ideas how to fix that?

Thank you!
/Yevgeny
DBurg

Re: Quantum Q6 seat elevation system issue

Postby Burgerman » 17 Oct 2017, 09:30

Its programmed to do this by safety nazis. By pride. You can reprogram it to go any speed you want on any normal chair using generic controls. This may or may not be possible on yours as it uses a rebranded curtis controller. And you need the OEM level tool. If its Qlogic (first version) you can do this with the curtis programmer and a cable. Both are available eaily...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LROBBINS » 17 Oct 2017, 11:35

An alternative is to look for the reed relay that is triggered by the magnet and move it or the magnet on the seat lift so that it goes to "slow" only when the seat is raised so much that you think it would be dangerously unstable given your driving habits, or replace it with a switch. Better to reprogram if you can get the tools needed to do that. What say you Woody? Can you help DBurg find the needed software and hardware?
LROBBINS

Postby DBurg » 17 Oct 2017, 12:06

Dear All,

thank you for answers. For sure, I'll go with reprogramming :)

/Yevgeny
DBurg

Postby woodygb » 19 Oct 2017, 11:31

LROBBINS wrote:An alternative is to look for the reed relay that is triggered by the magnet and move it or the magnet on the seat lift so that it goes to "slow" only when the seat is raised so much that you think it would be dangerously unstable given your driving habits, or replace it with a switch. Better to reprogram if you can get the tools needed to do that. What say you Woody? Can you help DBurg find the needed software and hardware?

All you need is one of these ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-CAN-USB-to- ... 0899053368
AND the DLL from this link.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757

FOLLOW THIS GUIDE.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757

NOTE THAT THERE APPEARS TO BE 2 TYPES OF THIS CAN

Some info for you here on the newer USB-CAN...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757&start=340#p73334

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2757&start=360#p87375

Software can be provided.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Return to Everything Powerchair