Toms chairs are gettig better!

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Toms chairs are gettig better!

Postby expresso » 06 Jan 2018, 20:22

what size would i need for a 90ah pack - - then a smaller size for the 8 cells on top to make it 105ah pack - i would do 90ah on its own and then remaining 8 Cells on top if i did it - this is for a future built if i have to make another one - or for ADD ONs - i see myself making another one of those for next chair maybe -

if i dont get the lithium - then i would have to make the whole 105ah for that chair - i have no plans to do this now unless i have to remove my pack for some reason - hopefully not - which by the way - i havnt charged the chair with the 105ah in it for a few months now - i have about 10 miles on it after a full charge and just move it in the house to get it out of the way when i need the area - do you think i can leave it alone and charge up in March or April a full charge ?

i cant see it getting too low if i did ? what do you think - this is great to not worry about having to charge every day or night -

just have to cut holes for the wiring or snake them out the front before heat shrinking - - will need more slack then for wiring length
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 06 Jan 2018, 20:25

do you think i can leave it alone and charge up in March or April a full charge ?

Might take a long while to balance. Might be worth charging now and then discharging by 20Ah or so. Either way it should be OK. But if one group gets too low its hanged
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 06 Jan 2018, 20:31

Ok - i may do that next week - at least i can see what it looks like after a few months not charging and using it very little - but moving it around in the house when needed - i cant see it getting that low to the point of no return ? but never know - better safe then sorry - will start the charge tomorrow and then do a discharge so i can get it done in one days time -
expresso

Postby expresso » 06 Jan 2018, 20:54

Burgerman wrote:
do you think i can leave it alone and charge up in March or April a full charge ?

Might take a long while to balance. Might be worth charging now and then discharging by 20Ah or so. Either way it should be OK. But if one group gets too low its hanged

i just went to put it on the charge now - :)

both ADD On and 105ah were perfect line - 3.3V - about 80% on the Fuel reading if its correct - either way it was in great shape i believe and last i fully charged it was Nov. 3, 2017 -

i will charge full - discharge a bit - and leave it alone till March - repeat it again - and then by May - i should be using it outside again - hopefully if its warm enough by then - - and i should have an answer as to my new chair by then - it may be ready for pickup if i am lucky
expresso

Postby expresso » 06 Jan 2018, 21:00

this is how i got mines wrapped - its not the neatest - but safe and keeps most of the dust out - on top its covered half with the same plastic over the 8 cells - and near that where the wiring is - a rubber sheet - its not 100% sealed over the top but a good 90% or 95% for sure -

dont plan on removing it again -

it looks as if i didnt cover the top 8 cells - it was close so i left it alone with plastic divider over it - its fine - near it i added the rubber sheet and taped it - chair before i added the new tires - what a difference it makes
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 06 Jan 2018, 22:26

Looks fine. And easy to unwrap if needed.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 06 Jan 2018, 22:58

yes i did a good job in terms of making sure its sealed all around - cushioned on all sides - when i close the door - its nice and snug - dosnt move at all - and divider is on top very snug - i wasnt able to add the plastic on top because it was too close -

what ever works - i dont want to create more work with heat shrink if i dont have to -
expresso

Postby Tomkilmore » 08 Jan 2018, 23:07

Hi Guys,
Just been reading through the message board to keep up with anything interesting, BM I noticed that you said the batteies would take off your legs in a crash on my chairs? It is quite difficult to see on the photo but there is a full front to the battery box that would stop this from happening, it is the full height of the batteries in Roberts chair. There were some delays in shipping to the USA, I was gutted about this as I know Robert wanted it by a set date, hopefully any future shipping shouldn't suffer the same setbacks. Business is still going well, bespoke and custom is turning into my main focus as everyone wants something slightly different, which I am happy to oblige! I still have work to do on the website but getting there slowly, my main aim is to build high quality, robust, long lasting powerchairs.
Tomkilmore

Postby Burgerman » 10 Jan 2018, 21:04

As long as the front end, welding is full seam rather than small areas etc it is likely adequate to stop two 60mph lead bricks if the van hits something. Only you can know! It makes me nervous stuff like that. :problem:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Tomkilmore » 11 Jan 2018, 23:25

Yes, fully welded, I can't think of any components on the chairs that I build that aren't fully welded, I'm not mass producing so no need to save pence for the sake of it. Looks beter too. Hayley upgraded to a roho from a jay and it's made a world of differnce....thank goodness!
Tomkilmore

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair