PL 8 - XLR Charging -

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PL 8 - XLR Charging -

Postby expresso » 29 Aug 2018, 23:07

i did have it going to 8 hours and it went up to 7 and half hours before i stopped it - it was at 500mAh then - when i first started -

i have to make an extension cable first for the float charger - i have two of them 5A and 8A - 5A is small compact - 8A is bigger black one i got from Sunrise with the 646 chair 4 years ago - still in box :) was never used -

the 5A model says it was for True Gel batteries - but when looking at the specs- CC 28.8V - and then float at 27.6V i think - in that area -

then i seen the same charger for True AGM - looked at the specs - guess what- same as above - same specs - i got this charger many many years ago before started to better understand these specs etc, -

the 20ah Shauer was a nice charger though i liked it for the lead - and its pretty much close to Gel specs - Quickie has the one i had now - she used it on her chairs - to do a fast charging setup -

i kept my Salmex 15A thats true Gel specs and True AGM specs - not in use now - but i kept that one - i need to clean up and get rid of some stuff - ebay soon
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: PL 8 - XLR Charging -

Postby Fusiongoat » 18 Mar 2021, 04:47

I got this in the mail today
IMG_2029.jpg
IMG_2029.jpg (27.87 KiB) Viewed 2396 times

i want to make an XLR cable but can't find any of this https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1537964862?iid=351016616183
Well, I did find some other foreign sources but would rather not deal with the hassle. I mean this must be available domestically right? Ideas? I got the 4mm connectors and the XLR plug. I'm not making this myself. I know an electrician who will do small jobs. I know I need a PSU, but will deal with that later. Oh, btw, the Bounder returned yesterday, but we just had a blizzard and my street wasn't plowed so the guy couldn't unload it. He didn't want to pull into my driveway and then discovered I was right about the 4" of standing water in the street banghead I had called and told them they might want to reschedule, but nooo... It will be back on Monday and then I shall not let it out of my sight again :)
Fusiongoat

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair