EZ lock on Permobil F3

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

EZ lock on Permobil F3

Postby motoman » 17 Feb 2018, 16:32

Does anyone here have an F3 with an ez lock bracket on it? and any chance somebody could take a couple measurements of it for fabrication purposes? $650 clams is too rich for my blood for a 5 dollar piece of steel.

thanks
motoman

Re: EZ lock on Permobil F3

Postby Burgerman » 17 Feb 2018, 16:43

Just about to make one for my new chair. Basically I drive into place. Then my carer uses a marker pen to mark and measure where the bolt needs to be...

THEN I get a bit of 3mm steel cut, from http://www.lasermaster.co.uk the same size as the bottom of the battery tray. Drill a 6mm hole in each corner. Weld a deep 16mm nut in the correct place near the middle to match the marker pen. And then bolt it to the bottom after spraying it black, by tipping the chair over without its batteries. And we are done! Fit tow bar bolt the correct length with loctite.

Say 260mm square? Thats £12.91 delivered plus 1 nut at £0.40 pence, and a £1.10 bolt, and a £ beer to get someone to tig weld the nut!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Williamclark77 » 19 Feb 2018, 20:25

As far as I'm aware the plates are somewhat universal. I would suggest doing what BM said except I would put the plate inside the battery box under the batteries instead of on bottom. Some of the chairs are little more than stamped sheet metal or even plastic. The bolts may pull through. A plate that fit fully inside the box would not need to be bolted in the corners.

Park over EZ Lock, mark the chair bottom where the bolt needs to be, remove batteries, measure the battery box floor, cut steel to size (1/8 or 3/16" for us across the pond), drill hole in bottom of chair big enough for the nut to pass through, install. Put the bolt in with red Loctite.

If there is a gap between your batteries I would HIGHLY suggest placing things so the bolt would be between them and making it retractable.
WcMade.com - Get nearly anything you need made
Williamclark77

Postby rlnguy » 19 Feb 2018, 20:33

I'm not sure what EZ lock uses, but the F3 chassis, is a folded box of 8mm steel-(5/16") thick.
The fit of the batteries doesn't allow for anything to go inside the box, under the batteries.
For lockdowns, there are 2 large holes, (countersunk, on the inside toward the batteries).
These holes will fit a large flat head bolt-I'd have to verify what size-I just don't remember.
PM me, and I'll try to get you a photo.
rlnguy

Postby Burgerman » 19 Feb 2018, 20:57

Ebay...

It will almost certainly be these. M8 steel, countersunk. X about whatever length needed. Use nylocks with flat washers on the bottom.

Yes 3mm steel plate is 1/8th inch. Adequate strength with properly tig welded deep m16 nut. And a tow bar bolt.

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2018, 12:17

I have a funny feeling that the permobil mid drive chairs are maybe too low to have any sensible solution. Front drive not sure.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair