aquired a dirst cheap quantum 6000z power chair

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: aquired a dirst cheap quantum 6000z power chair

Postby firehopper » 20 Mar 2018, 00:03

its okay, from what I understand it might not be compatable with what I have anyway. :)
firehopper

Postby firehopper » 07 Apr 2018, 14:04

so anyway did some more fiddling, its now quite a bit safer stopping wise.. it doesnt stop instantly now.. still might up the stopping numbers a bit, the speed controll now does do something :) so improvements, the seat stuff isnt still quite right, but its a lil better.. gotta check the settings again and try and recalibrate again. also the footrests I have, the one is broken. its been abused. the motor is prolly fine, the actualy mechancal linkage has a stripped gear. so I need a new one. for that. might actually avoid the footrests I have, and find just the single mid footplate footrest.. its cheaper on evilbay, $300 for new footrests with motors. $50 ish for the footplate.

but anyway, I'm much happier now that the chair is working, and its kinda fun :)
firehopper

Postby WCDuser » 20 Apr 2018, 05:30

I believe I may know the answer regarding your board. I have seen similar on a Jazzy 600 under the cover on the back of the seat.
it also uses a connector kit which you may or may not have. originally the connector kit was included. Later you had to purchase the kit.
The intended purpose was to manually tilt the recline seat back to the upright position. Say for instance your power tilt had your feet elevated and your head back.
Now the batteries died while you are in that position. In conjunction with the connector kit and a 12volt battery (not 24v). this board was used to upright the seat.

This may have come with chairs that had a vsi 6 button controller. Anyway, the connector kit had alligator clips to connect to the battery.
The other 2 pin connector on the board, I presume connected directly to the wiring harness (2 wires) of the tilt motor.
The toggles switch, I also assume was to actuate the motor in either forward or reverse motion.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/download/file.php?id=7868&t=1http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/download/file.php?id=7868&t=1
WCDuser

Postby firehopper » 21 Apr 2018, 02:09

thanks for the info :) it helps clear things up :)
firehopper

Postby firehopper » 07 May 2018, 20:33

hrmm.. interesting issue. going forward the joystick directs the chair properly. in reverse.. not so much, not sure why, but if you pull the stick back and to the left. chair goes back and to the right.. back and right, chair goes back and left.. not sure what is going on there.. anyone have a clue what is messed up>? still working on getting the chair aam working again, also discovered that the previous owner destroyed the right power leg device. stripped the main gear on it, so its broken, if I can get another gear then it would be working again. lots of loose bits here and there. prolly needs a good lube job as well.
firehopper

Postby Burgerman » 07 May 2018, 21:14

The joystick will always rotate a chair clockwise seen from above when pushed to the right. Going backwards or forwards is a seperate function. It wont swap the turn direction as you move the stick from forwards to backwards. That would make it impossible to drive!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby shirley_hkg » 08 May 2018, 00:48

Don't tell me he is mixing it up with the steering wheel of a car . drunk2 cheers
shirley_hkg

Postby Burgerman » 08 May 2018, 09:11

Yes. I think so. But it is confusing as to what the steering servo controlled caster wheels will actually do! Seems like a daft engineering arangement if you ask me. Yes nobody did. :fencing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby gcebiker » 08 May 2018, 09:32

Power leg device broken

Cheap and easy to replace
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... r&_sacat=0

well easyish
http://greenmobility.com.au/rc-wheelchair-controller/
My YouTube Ch -- https://www.youtube.com/user/gcebiker
gcebiker

Postby firehopper » 08 May 2018, 11:22

shirley_hkg wrote: Don't tell me he is mixing it up with the steering wheel of a car . drunk2 cheers

keep in mind I dont actually require the use of the chair, so I've never had to use one for a extended amount of time. I got it cause it was cheap and for experimentation :)
firehopper

Postby firehopper » 08 May 2018, 11:24

gcebiker wrote:
Power leg device broken

Cheap and easy to replace
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... r&_sacat=0

well easyish

that part seems fine, its the main gear on the leg rest itself thats broken. lots of teeth missing. I'll have to take a photo to show.
firehopper

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair