300 4 tyres dont fit

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: 300 4 tyres dont fit

Postby steves1977uk » 30 Mar 2018, 18:40

Ok, my forks are 100mm wide internally and the tyres are roughly 80mm wide.

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby ICEUK » 30 Mar 2018, 19:49

Thx.steve, yep mine our 82mm internally so im kinda buggered lol.
ICEUK

Postby ICEUK » 19 Apr 2018, 17:27

I contacted a dealer who i have used before to see if he could sell me forks at trade. His answer was no!!! All i wanted him to do is supply, oh well when i get the funding for my new chair i wont be putting 6k plus his way.
I just cant get over this mentality of screwing ppl over with disabled sector products.
ICEUK

Postby Burgerman » 19 Apr 2018, 17:55

He isnt screwing you over. Did you ever run a business?

HE gets them at trade. Then has to pay the following out of the difference between his trade cost and the retail price. And its not easy! Many businesses go bust.:
Rent for shop.
Council tax
Vehicle expenses for a new van every couple of years and repairs or a van lease cost plus fuel.
Tools.
Staff wages
Staff pensions
Staff holidays
Staff maternity
Staff sick pay
Tax for the privelidge of employing staff...
Accountant
Overdraft charges
Stationary
Computers, printers etc.
He must buy programmers, 1000s of pounds worth for many makes.
Office equipment like desks, chairs, carpets.
Damaged stock such as dropped chargers or a scratched frame or worse
Losses from shoplifting Estimated at around 10 to 15%
Interest on a business account's overdraft, plus bank charges.
Court cases and people not paying, etc.
Phone(s) static and mobile.
Gas for heat.
Electricity.
Many other small items like insurance for the shop, third party liability insurance. Vehicle insurance,
And then tax on his own wages, as well as tax on any profit he can make as a business.
As well as collecting VAT on about half his sales for the government...
And replacing damaged shop stuff like a football yob putting his window through or a leaky roof. Most businesses have a full repairing lease.

So he buys at trade prices so as to be able to add his profit to pay for the above. Now its possible if you buy a full chair, KNOW what you want so you just offer a prescription form, and you accept all responsibility for it being incorrect. So that he simply supplies the chair, and warranties parts ONLY that you can find a dealer that will do you a deal. Theres more profit in a full chair, and so its easier to offer you a discount. But you are not going to be able to buy at what HE pays! Or why would he bother?

To pick up the phone and order the part he also has to pay all of the above!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ICEUK » 19 Apr 2018, 18:06

Well he still has to pay all of the above and he has not picked up the phone. If he said it 200 trade 350 retail you can have.for 250 then i would go for it but his loss not mine. 50 is better than nothing.
ICEUK

Postby Burgerman » 19 Apr 2018, 20:05

Theres not that much difference between what he pays and the retail price. About half what you think there is! Over a whole year many businesses make a very small profit overall. Or a loss. Even charging what you consider is too much.

So weather 50 is adequate to cover expenses like mentioned above overall is the business owners decision. Some businesses have a trade and a retail price. They sell say bathrooms or solar panels, to the trade 20% cheaper than the advertised retail. Because they know that the repeat business may make the lower profit wothwhile in the long run in some cases. And because the trade know what they need, no sales staff, or other sales issues.

Some online sellers have lower overheads, and can undercut a bricks and mortar business because of that. So they may offer a lower starting price or be more amenable to bigger discounts when asked. Especially if they sell stuff in large quantities. Because they likely can do a better deal with their suppliers (as well as having lower overheads) due to the amounts of goods they can order. Not every business has the same deal with the manufacturer or supplier.

I bought a powerchair this way recently by invacare. They could offer me a deal no bricks and mortar only business could. 25% and even one offer at 30% discount online. Because theres more % profit on a complete chair and no assessement, no responsibility to them doing it this way. Not even a warranty other than on parts. You can only ask.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair