Life expectancy...

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Life expectancy...

Postby martin007 » 10 May 2018, 23:12

All of us are going to die, some before and others later.
I think what kills me the most is stress.
martin007

Postby ICEUK » 11 May 2018, 06:37

Shall we start doing a daily roll call?
ICEUK

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2018, 09:10

We already know of a couple that have gone silent. Better not. May be depressing!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby biscuit » 11 May 2018, 09:56

I think Shakespeare wrote a poem about us - something about being immortalised in print.
cheers
biscuit

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2018, 10:01

Well I want to be properly immortal. So I mostly eat stuff with a face.

http://roguehealthandfitness.com/red-me ... alth-food/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby sin85 » 13 May 2018, 20:04

martin007 wrote:I have Spinal muscular atrophy.
The doctors say he would have to be "half dead" already.
But I am alive.

I eat well.
I drink well.
I sleep well.
I fornicate well. :joint

I ignore the statistics.

it must be SMA trait. Me too.
sin85

Postby ex-Gooserider » 15 May 2018, 00:35

Another bladder flusher here :thumbup: :wave: - about 30cc of Microcyn AH instilled into my bladder every morning just after my first cath, and left in until the next one... (I use Cure Medical CS-14 closed system intermittent cath kits. After I drain doing the first cath, I just cut the collection bag off the cath tube, and instill 30cc with a syringe via the cut off end of the tube. I pull the cath out with the syringe still on it to keep from losing what I just put in, and then wait until the next time I cath.... urinal )

Never had a UTI while I was using it. I've stopped a few times, and each time, within a few months I've ended up in the hospital w/ a NASTY UTI... I'm not planning to stop again....

I get my stuff from https://store.ryanspet.com/ Ryan's Pet Supply - IIRC last batch was US$15 / bottle, for the 16oz / 500ml size - they have a price break and give free shipping if you over more than a certain amount - I usually get about 4 cases (24 bottles) at a time, which is about a year's worth.

Important note, is that you need to get it during reasonable weather season, as it is destroyed by freezing.

If one wants to believe the Microcyn people, they claim that they have a patented manufacturing process, which they USED to license to the Vetericyn people, so the products were the same. However a few years back Microcyn ended the license agreement, so the Vetericyn makers had to come up with a different process, with the result that the products are now different. Microcyn claims that their product is stable over its listed shelf life if stored properly, but that Vetericyn is not, so that they make it 'over-strength' initially and it then breaks down over time to be under-strength by the end of it's listed life....

Never had a pressure sore to use it on, but I have found it seems to speed healing of assorted other scrapes and cuts....

ex-Gooserider

hotwheels_75 wrote:This stuff freaks me out too. I was injured at 16. I’m now 42. That time has flown by. I’m lucky to have made it this long,with all the health issues and wear and tear 26 years of paralysis has on the body. As aggravating and frustrating as it gets, I’m not ready to kick off anytime soon! I’m with BM, I want to live forever.

For uti‘ s i started a crazy bladder flushing routine, most people will call mental, but it’s actually been working! I found it on a SCI forum. It’s a product called MicrocynAH... crazy part is that it’s a veterinarian product for animal hotspots and skin conditions. czy lol Sounds crazy, but I was desperate enough try it and I haven’t been on wretched antibiotics in over a year. It’s also widely used for cleaning infected ulcers.

I also try to eat healthier. Had to cut out the booze because it started making me feel so awful. But I still use medicinal herbs now and then. :joint
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 15 May 2018, 00:39

Does it rid you of an infection? Or prevent them?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 22 May 2018, 03:10

Burgerman wrote:Does it rid you of an infection? Or prevent them?

There are folks on the CareCure forum thread that claim it cures existing infections, I don't know how well it really does. I would imagine that if the infection was JUST in the bladder it might, but not if it was also in other parts of the system - obviously to kill bugs it has to reach them... Also it seems to take a LOT (several folks mentioned 30-60cc 2-4 x / day...)

However it definitely seems to act well as a preventative for a larger number of folks, with much smaller doses. I use 30cc once a day, which seems pretty typical... The folks with Foley's (indwelling) use about the same, and then just clamp off the cath for 20-30 minutes to let it work before draining.

I wouldn't swear that it kills all the bugs, but it at least keeps them down to a level where they don't bother me....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
ex-Gooserider

Postby hotwheels_75 » 25 May 2018, 01:48

Heeeey!! :thumbup: :clap :wave:

I am pretty sure I've read your posts over on the care cure forum. That's where I learned about MicrocynAH, googling in desperation for alternative bladder infection treatments. 26 years of sticking things in my bladder has developed some hard-core mutant, special ops Green Beret type bugs that laugh that antibiotics. :ak47 intermittent cath for 12 years, followed by a Foley for 9 years, and now a suprapubic since 2013.… Chronic infections became a major problem. I've been on more antibiotics than I can count and they were becoming less and less effective, On top of that docs were increasingly more reluctant to prescribe them and worst of all I felt they were destroying my health and my body. The FDA basically confirmed my suspicions when they released information in 2016 regarding some of the most common antibiotics. Just Google fluoroquinolones side effects or dangers. They no longer recommend prescribing drugs like Cipro for common infections such as sinuses and UTI etc. They can cause permanent central nervous system, muscle and tendon damage.

I spent 8 months straight in a rehab hospital in 2013 trying to diagnose the cause and fix a whole host of problems, blood pressure, heart rate, digestive, bowel, bladder, weight loss. Etc. they didn't diagnose or fix anything… Instead they gave me a pressure ulcer that went to the bone and caused a bone infection in my hip which required surgery and a massive dose of powerful IV antibiotics for 6 weeks, followed by more oral antibiotics for a month. They discharged me with a gaping hole in my hip and a diagnosis of dysautonomia… Which basically means the autonomic nervous system can no longer regulate itself (it also meant they had no clue). It has no known cause or cure. I came home expecting to die within a couple months. I was down to 112 pounds from around 160 – 170 at 6 feet tall. I dropped further to around 98 pounds after I got home… Since eating caused severe nausea, dangerously low blood pressure and whatever nutrients I was eating was going straight to trying to heal my hip.

I started doing my own research and trying alternative treatments. I get copies of my blood labs and urinalysis every time they are done so I can read them with my own eyes. Many things were out of whack. I started going to naturopathic Dr. and eating better, and taking vitamins to help boost what was low. I'm now better than I have been in the past 7 or so years… Knock on wood!

One of the best things was the microcynah AH and being able to avoid antibiotics. I do the same, instill 25 to 30 cc into my bladder with a catheter tipped 60 mL syringe. I mix in about 5 mL of normal saline just to dilute it a little bit… My bladder spasmed with full strength. I leave it in for about 10 minutes and then just connect the leg bag and let it drain in .For me it doesn't fully cure a UTI, I still get a bad odour and some sediment, but as long as I use it every morning it keeps everything at bay probably 80% less than if I don't use it at all. I haven't taken an antibiotic in about 2 years as opposed to every 3 or 4 months in the previous 6 or 7 years.

I also buy it at a pet supply company. 16 ounce is $29 Canadian… Although there appears to be no 16 ounce bottles in stock anywhere is right now. I hope there's not some kind of shortage or something. I have had a few shipments ruined by freezing. They now put little heat packs in them and stickers all over them saying to avoid freezing. I haven't had any problems since.

ex-Gooserider wrote:Another bladder flusher here :thumbup: :wave: - about 30cc of Microcyn AH instilled into my bladder every morning just after my first cath, and left in until the next one... (I use Cure Medical CS-14 closed system intermittent cath kits. After I drain doing the first cath, I just cut the collection bag off the cath tube, and instill 30cc with a syringe via the cut off end of the tube. I pull the cath out with the syringe still on it to keep from losing what I just put in, and then wait until the next time I cath.... urinal )

Never had a UTI while I was using it. I've stopped a few times, and each time, within a few months I've ended up in the hospital w/ a NASTY UTI... I'm not planning to stop again....

I get my stuff from https://store.ryanspet.com/ Ryan's Pet Supply - IIRC last batch was US$15 / bottle, for the 16oz / 500ml size - they have a price break and give free shipping if you over more than a certain amount - I usually get about 4 cases (24 bottles) at a time, which is about a year's worth.

Important note, is that you need to get it during reasonable weather season, as it is destroyed by freezing.

If one wants to believe the Microcyn people, they claim that they have a patented manufacturing process, which they USED to license to the Vetericyn people, so the products were the same. However a few years back Microcyn ended the license agreement, so the Vetericyn makers had to come up with a different process, with the result that the products are now different. Microcyn claims that their product is stable over its listed shelf life if stored properly, but that Vetericyn is not, so that they make it 'over-strength' initially and it then breaks down over time to be under-strength by the end of it's listed life....

Never had a pressure sore to use it on, but I have found it seems to speed healing of assorted other scrapes and cuts....

ex-Gooserider

hotwheels_75 wrote:This stuff freaks me out too. I was injured at 16. I’m now 42. That time has flown by. I’m lucky to have made it this long,with all the health issues and wear and tear 26 years of paralysis has on the body. As aggravating and frustrating as it gets, I’m not ready to kick off anytime soon! I’m with BM, I want to live forever.

For uti‘ s i started a crazy bladder flushing routine, most people will call mental, but it’s actually been working! I found it on a SCI forum. It’s a product called MicrocynAH... crazy part is that it’s a veterinarian product for animal hotspots and skin conditions. czy lol Sounds crazy, but I was desperate enough try it and I haven’t been on wretched antibiotics in over a year. It’s also widely used for cleaning infected ulcers.

I also try to eat healthier. Had to cut out the booze because it started making me feel so awful. But I still use medicinal herbs now and then. :joint
hotwheels_75

Postby MichaelB » 29 Jul 2018, 17:58

Late to the party on this one but statistics can be interpreted in many ways. This pdf http://www.lifeexpectancy.org/articles/devivo2018.pdf shows widely varying expectancies depending upon the method used. And as we are all individual there is no reason to assume that you are going to conform to statistics :)
MichaelB

Postby Burgerman » 29 Jul 2018, 18:42

True. We may die even sooner :cussing
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 30 Jul 2018, 01:37

Burgerman wrote:True. We may die even sooner :cussing

Hopefully in an accident, as my wife will get a lot more money that way. :)
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jul 2018, 03:01

Not really enjoying this thread! :thumbdown:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 30 Jul 2018, 03:18

After death, no more pain and suffering, insanity will continue in the Insane Asylum of the Universe.

And after death you will be exactly in the same state that you were before you were born, no imaginary hell or heaven or purgatory (for you Catholics). :D
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jul 2018, 03:32

Yes but I will be forced to leave the party and it will still be going on without me. And I am not happy about that.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby greybeard » 30 Jul 2018, 12:36

Burgerman wrote:Yes but I will be forced to leave the party and it will still be going on without me. And I am not happy about that.

Ditto!!
greybeard

Postby MichaelB » 30 Jul 2018, 17:05

Burgerman wrote:Not really enjoying this thread! :thumbdown:

As long as you can keep posting in it life is ok :)
MichaelB

Postby elryko1992 » 30 Jul 2018, 17:39

hobie1dog wrote:After death, no more pain and suffering, insanity will continue in the Insane Asylum of the Universe.

And after death you will be exactly in the same state that you were before you were born, no imaginary hell or heaven or purgatory (for you Catholics). :D

Very WRONG! If you don't have the safety of your soul in Jesus, and you can choose only now here on earth, after you die you can't do anything for your soul. You choose here on earth who you want to entrust your soul, for HEAVEN eternity with Jesus or DOWN...
elryko1992

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jul 2018, 20:01

Lets not be silly here. You know that theres no such thing as a "soul" deep down, even as you claim these things right? You are not a child. So whats with the make believe?

You say it, you want it to be true, but the reality is that even you know its too rediculous and contradictory and goes against everything we/science knows to be true. Even before we ask the obvious questions... :wave:

And if you do think your heaven its real, in spite of absolutely zero supporting evidence, how do you know you picked the right god/mafia boss/thug in the sky? There is currently hundreds of different popular ones to choose from around the world, and they mostly all explicitly exclude you from their afterlife. As do the thousands that went before, that are all now forgotten and ignored. So to be sure, shouldnt you take up a few hundred different religions just in case? I know you will not answer this logically, because you cant!

When you are dead you are dead. Gone. Finito. Get over it.
Because otherwise you will have wasted your ONLY life, waiting for some imaginary future one thats all in your head. And thats the saddest thing about the religous delusional myth. :worship
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 30 Jul 2018, 20:16

Elryko :clap glad you showed up, just in time.

You still need to watch the videos and learn the history of religion:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arF4Jmw2y88. And it's only 20 minutes long, do it for me, please?

Or if you can't bring yourself to watch a 20 minute video, then watch a 10 minute version:

http://www.godisimaginary.com/video7.htm

Please report back with your responses, thanks.

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

Postby Burgerman » 30 Jul 2018, 21:18

I will make it easy for you.

youtu.be/HVuw1wEuaAQ
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby foghornleghorn » 30 Jul 2018, 21:28

Different religions with segregated heavens are necessary or everyone's soul would suffocate. If all the people who ever lived went to the same heaven it would be full to bursting by now. Simple physics.
foghornleghorn

Postby ex-Gooserider » 30 Jul 2018, 22:56

Remember, all forms of death are caused by living...

And for the incurable optimists -

Live is like a sewer - what you get out of it depends on what you put into it...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2018, 01:31

Different religions with segregated heavens are necessary or everyone's soul would suffocate. If all the people who ever lived went to the same heaven it would be full to bursting by now. Simple physics.

I always wondered what happens to all the babies that died at birth or while young or though terminations... And what about the mentally ill. Or the ones that have had that split brain operation. One woman on BBC read a message she was given, and due to lack of mathmatics skills couldnt reply. While her left hand was busy writing out the answer! And she was surprised. At least one half of er was. Do both half brains have a "soul" then? Was it created when she had the surgery? Where is it? Kind of hovering around somewhere? If so, once you are dead, and you have no body it will be unable to hear, smell, feel, see, talk, have any sense of where it is, or even which way up it is. No sensory input whatsoever. And so the idea that you can "see" your dead ancestors, including the ex wives, and hated relatives, going back millions of years is rediculous. Remember you are related to a single celled plant from 4 billion years back. Will that be there?

When did this club start? What year? What about all those generations going back almost a million years that are all modern man? They look different to us, and were just starting to learn language. Do they get to go? Since we hadnt invented xstianity then... Seems like a lot of difficult details need answering.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby elryko1992 » 31 Jul 2018, 11:36

hobie1dog wrote:Elryko :clap glad you showed up, just in time.

You still need to watch the videos and learn the history of religion:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arF4Jmw2y88. And it's only 20 minutes long, do it for me, please?

Or if you can't bring yourself to watch a 20 minute video, then watch a 10 minute version:

http://www.godisimaginary.com/video7.htm

Please report back with your responses, thanks.

Why you don't search to see if Jesus is real and christianity, why you look to people denies the Biblie, you read it for your knowledge? Or you speak what you hear on internet? You try to see if Jesus is real? Or you listen all the atheists and you say what they say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS5GFi_Oxb4
elryko1992

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2018, 12:12

So you wont watch it then?

What you dont seem to understand is that most athiests also once believed just as strongly you do. So theres absolutely no point looking at religous woowoo you linked too, because they once were already believers. They also "knew jesus was real" just like you. They already know exactly what you do, and why you believe. You will find that most athiests know way more about religion, and the bible, or koran than the believers do.

The difference is that they opened their eyes. They questioned all your stuff, your brain conditioning. They saw the truth, and the way out of it. They began to understand that it was all bullshit. And so are now free of your chains. Because non of it makes any sense and most of it disagrees with what we now understand about reality. And now they can see what you cannot. So they cant believe the fairy story any more. You too can be educated, and have your eyes opened, and understand reality. If you want. But you refuse. As do most brainwashed religous people from all the different religions.

Ask yourself, why do you think ra the sun god is false?
Why dont you believe muslims are right?
You think all the worlds other religions are false, and totally dismiss them. As they do with yours. And they believe just like you do. So you will be going to all those other different hells!

And then apply that same logic you used to dismiss all those other religions to your particular delusion. Since each is identical.

You are already an athiest as far as every other religion, past and present. We all just go one "god" further. Because we see that its exactly the same as the rest that you dismiss. Because they are all equally childish and man made. Your brain washing will not allow you to see this - yet.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Williamclark77 » 31 Jul 2018, 18:01

Regarding bladder infections, has anybody tried D mannose sugar? It's extracted from cranberries. Some research has shown that one way cranberries help with bladder infections is because of the special type of sugar they contain. The bacteria prefer that type of sugar, latch onto it, and are flushed out when you pee/cath.

Fortunately, my plumbing works good enough that I don't have to cath, but I used to have bouts with UTIs every few months that caused horrible spasms, dyreflexia, and required antibiotics. Now, as soon as I feel an infection starting I take a teaspoon of D mannose sugar three or four times a day and force myself to drink as much water as I can stand. It'll be cleared up in two days. I've only had one infection that required antibiotics in several years and I think it was because I had a sinus infection at the same time.

You do have to catch it soon before the bacteria build a stronghold on the walls of your bladder or track north to your kidneys.

The D mannose sugar isn't cheap either. and I don't believe works for every type of bacteria. It does taste good though!

Beer can help flush out the bacteria just from the sheer volume of urine created. However, the bacteria feast on the sugar/carbs in the beer and it can actually make it MUCH worse.

I'm no doctor. Do your own research! butred
WcMade.com - Get nearly anything you need made
Williamclark77

Postby Burgerman » 31 Jul 2018, 18:16

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 01 Aug 2018, 01:01

Excellent response John.

Elryko- I am rather disappointed that you can't allow yourself to watch a 20 minute video on the history of how religions were created through the years. So since you won't, I'll take time to tell you some of it. There are over 20 different God's all recorded in recent history that all have the Virgin birth on Dec 25th, performed miracles, had 12 apostles, died on the cross, resurrected 3 days later. All of these are based on astrological events. Horus, the Egyptian God from 2000BC has his story carved in the Pyramid walls with the exact same story as Jesus. Krishna, the Hindu god, same story, different time period. Jesus is just the last one in current history. Dec 25 is chosen as on Dec 22 the Sun is at its lowest point on the horizon, but on Dec 25th, it rises 1 degree , thus giving birth to the Sun (Son), but all of this is explained in the video.

You ask me why I don't research Jesus and Christianity? Well, I have done years of research. There are close to 20 authors of the first century and none of them mentioned Jesus, wouldn't you think at least one of them would have? And if I ask you for proof of Jesus or God, and you will say, " I have faith" , but it is blind faith, because you nor anyone you have ever known has not seen them either, when has he ever shown up? As the quote says, " those who read the bible become christians, those who STUDY the bible become atheists". I was brainwashed as a strict, devout Catholic, living every minute of the day, fearing the wrath of a vengeful god, who was watching me constantly, and waiting for my death so that he ( notice it is always a man, because men, not women, wrote the ancient text) could place judgement and send me to Hell more than likely.
Luckily after years of research studying the history of religion, I discovered logical thinking, and the ability to reason. There's nothing more illogical than God having to incarnate himself as his son, so that he could have himself killed , by himself, to try and cover up a serious mistake during the creation process, which he being the all omnipotent, all knowing being ( meaning he knows everything that has happened, is currently happening, and will happen), knew what was going to happen.
When and if you ever have a child of your own, when that infant is placed in your arms, look intently into that precious face and ask yourself if you then believe that it has been born a sinner with "original sin". It's one of those times when you realize how ignorant all the gullible Sheeple are to believe such ridiculous ideas. Then when you get the baby at the baptism, remember that the holy water has been drawn from the city water supplies and spooky, magical words have been spoken to it, and by sprinkling it on the forehead permanently "saves" it's soul. Just like the qoute, " religion was invented by the first con man, who met the first fool.

Now will you watch the videos for me and at least become educated as to why your religion exists?

Invacare M61
hobie1dog

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair