Controller/Electronics options

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Controller/Electronics options

Postby hotwheels_75 » 12 Jul 2018, 20:19

Exactly what I thought! Shouldn’t be this hard to give money away to get the parts we want! Should be just like the auto or bike market and after market. Tons of selection and options for anyone with the money to spend and a little bit of knowledge and research to make it work.
hotwheels_75

Postby Burgerman » 13 Jul 2018, 00:10

The biggest problem with parts is parts men. They only understand part numbers, no clue whatfits what, how anything works.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hotwheels_75 » 22 Jul 2018, 15:49

That’s true!

I finally got a quote on the new big screen R-net controller... $900 Canadian, USA dealer is $600USD :|

I just plugged my lithium pack into the PL8 and I’m getting Safety Code 20: Bad Cell Count. Does that mean I have a bad connection somewhere? It’s not seeing my full pack? I’ve charged a dozen times and this is first problem.
hotwheels_75

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jul 2018, 17:45

It can be a setting, a bad connection, or forgot to plug in a balance or main cable, etc. It can be the wrong choice of profile, or any number of things.

I get it on hobby stuff all the time when I plug the wrong pack in, or use a 3s profile on a 5s pack or when swapping from the native EH/XH wiring on most of my battery connectors method to the older FMA one, its programmable, or if theres a bad connection, like I forgot a power lead... Or a balance lead. Spend 15 minutes recently trying to figure out why it was doing it. I had the mower 4mm main charge connectors, and the quadcopters balance connector plugged in... No surprise the charger was a bit confused really! Couldnt spot what I did for the life of me! Too much crap on my bench.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 22 Jul 2018, 17:47

I finally got a quote on the new big screen R-net controller... $900 Canadian, USA dealer is $600USD :|

They are 1/3rd that brand new from PG Drives here in the UK.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hotwheels_75 » 23 Jul 2018, 00:58

i only charge my chair currently and only use the one profile. Luckily I rebooted the computer, blew out each connection and it’s working again! :dance

My space is also a bit cluttered. I keep putting off organizing for another day. Lol

Burgerman wrote:

They are 1/3rd that brand new from PG Drives here in the UK.

That’s crazy and frustrating. Is there any way to get one out of the UK?
hotwheels_75

Postby Burgerman » 23 Jul 2018, 10:25

PG will just refer you back to the land of rediculous over complex, regulated, non free market insurace based mobility...

E.G. I recently ordered an R-Net IO Module. They are about 120 delivered with a bus cable.
Or twice this online used without a cable or warranty in the US! :argument
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hotwheels_75 » 24 Jul 2018, 02:20

So maddening! :cussing want to upgrade to r-net, but the joystick is holding me back so far. I’ve been watching for eBay deals, but so far absolutely ridiculous prices. $600 USD used :thumbdown: banghead

Burgerman wrote:Yep.

Pride has in the past had various types of controllers from a few different manufacturers. They often have the renamed or rebranded as thier own. Eg they used pilot plus, for eg but called i something else with a new moulded joystick housing. Then theystarted calling the curtis instrements enable 50 system qlogic... But at that time the curtis rogrammer still worked fine. Dealer and OEM. Then they moved to qlogic2 and it was more difficult and they used modified firmware and some would connect but not all features were the same. Now they did it again with qlogic 3 made by curtis but nobody can program it except dealer at dealer level and the OEM level tools are aparently non existant. In fact they do exist but only pride have them under lock and key. So run away if anyone suggests a pride chair.

Is there pc software available to try on a Q-logic 2 system? Has anyone engineered the cables for it? My project chair started out as a Pride Quantum Blast. Luckily it has the Pilot Plus system.

But, I recent acquired a Quantum Rival and it has the Q-logic 2 controller. I’m borrowing a cable and software from a friend that has access to it, but I’m sure it’ll be the basic dealer version. If it still sucks after programming I’ll sell or trade it off.
hotwheels_75

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jul 2018, 03:55

Its really a Curtis instruments programmer and controller, rebranded for pride who dont make controllers but love us to think they do. The curtis software is available and it MAY connect. Some say it does. Others say no. Depends on versions I think. The cable you have to make.

https://www.curtisinst.co.uk/news/curti ... ol-system/

The PC programmer, the OEM one that mark at the junkie site swears doesent exist, we already have here in the wild and did while he was explaining that they hard coded this stuff in their headquarters and that no OEM version existed...
Oh the bullshit! :clap
https://curtisinstruments.com/products/programming/

Whether it still connects after a few firmware changes I dont know... Certainly does on qlogic1 (enable 50?), and qlogic 2 we dont know or some features not accessible, 3 not a chance they changed it so that not even their own dealers can access it. Which is why never buy pride!!! Scroll down, you may recognise the enable 40... https://curtisinstruments.com/products/ ... ntrollers/
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hotwheels_75 » 24 Jul 2018, 18:19

I got the software, it is the 1314 Dealer software. Funny they say OEM doesn’t exist... it’s listed right in the help menu under access levels. OEM, Dealer, Service, and User. It’s branded as Curtis of course with no mention of Pride/Quantum. :roll:

Definitely locked out of many settings, motor settings, current limits, no sign of thermal rollback settings. I haven’t thoroughly tested the chair at all yet to see how it all works.

Can I get the OEM version here and see if it connects?

Is it possible to make up the cables for this system? Are there instructions? This one has a CANBUS module inline on the cable.

I have seen the Enable 40 module before. I haven’t confirmed exactly what this Rival has for a module yet.
hotwheels_75

Postby hotwheels_75 » 24 Jul 2018, 21:42

No luck connecting to OEM. Sigh. Oh well was worth a shot. I can see the OEM option but it just won’t connect. The older version won’t connect at all. (USB CAN Adapter: Unable to reset USB adapter”

Burgerman wrote:Its really a Curtis instruments programmer and controller, rebranded for pride who dont make controllers but love us to think they do. The curtis software is available and it MAY connect. Some say it does. Others say no. Depends on versions I think. The cable you have to make.

Will the homemade cable you mention at least let me connect to the dealer software?
hotwheels_75

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jul 2018, 22:02

Prides version maybe.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby woodygb » 25 Jul 2018, 10:26

No luck connecting to OEM. Sigh. Oh well was worth a shot. I can see the OEM option but it just won’t connect. The older version won’t connect at all. (USB CAN Adapter: Unable to reset USB adapter”

http://www.nocoev.com/curtis/Software%201314-4401/

You will need to buy a Chinese A1 CAN - USB adapter and alter / add some files to make CAN BUS work.... assuming that your controller is CAN-BUS .

The latest Curtis software is available plus a hack for the registry.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby hotwheels_75 » 25 Jul 2018, 15:21

woodygb wrote:
http://www.nocoev.com/curtis/Software%201314-4401/

You will need to buy a Chinese A1 CAN - USB adapter and alter / add some files to make CAN BUS work.... assuming that your controller is CAN-BUS .

The latest Curtis software is available plus a hack for the registry.

Thanks for the info woody. I’ll give that a try next chance I get.

153C6F94-EA14-4555-91AD-FA7843578C1D.jpeg

This is the cable that will connect to the dealer software. Will the Chinese adapter do the same thing?
hotwheels_75

Postby woodygb » 25 Jul 2018, 15:52

That is a Sontheim CANUSBlight rebadged as Curtis ...you might have noticed the Sontheim software being installed.

https://www.sontheim-industrie-elektron ... Blight.jpg

https://www.sontheim-industrie-elektron ... nterfaces/

You should be able to obtain OEM level with the early 1314 OEM software that I linked to... or the later 1314 software with a simple registry hack..

Use that interface ...there should be no need for the Chinese version.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby hotwheels_75 » 25 Jul 2018, 16:40

I did notice the Sontheim software! This is great info to know.

So is it possible to buy a CANUSBlight and wire the correct plug to fit my joystick and have it work with the software?

I don’t own the one I have and have to give it back, before I’m done testing and tweaking.

I’m going to try the registry hack now.
hotwheels_75

Postby hotwheels_75 » 25 Jul 2018, 17:21

Is the registry hack the one included with the older software? I applied that one, but so far still no luck.
hotwheels_75

Postby woodygb » 25 Jul 2018, 17:34

The earlier OEM 1314 SOFTWARE that I linked to should work as is ...

The later software requires a registry hack ...see p.m.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby hotwheels_75 » 14 Sep 2018, 01:45

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere but a few questions.

Will different brand controllers and modules “Talk” to other brand hardware... motors, actuators etc.?

For example, my quantum Rival. Could I swap out the joystick, controller and seat module and replace them with R-net stuff that I can fully program? I realize some rewiring and plug replacement is likely required, but will they actually communicate with each other if I did all that?

Same with taking invacare seating and installing it on my project chair which is old school pride with pilot+
hotwheels_75

Postby Burgerman » 14 Sep 2018, 03:01

Yes.Actuators, sensors, microswitches, motors are all just motors. And switches.

But it will get complicated very fast, and require you to understand a lot of tech stuff. All available in PDF docs.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hotwheels_75 » 18 Sep 2018, 22:14

That’s what I thought, but you never know with these companies… I wouldn’t put it past them to install a microchip that identifies the hardware as a specific brand and the controller will only talk to that brand. Like the newer printer ink cartridges.

I assume those PDFs and documents are available?

What kind of complications are we talking?
hotwheels_75

Postby Burgerman » 18 Sep 2018, 22:47

Inputs, resistors, programming, etc. All very easy if you start from scratch, know what you want, understand the manuals etc. And impossible if not.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FelipeOliveira » 21 Feb 2020, 20:01

good afternoon. could someone tell me what it means, and what should i do? the Tilt function does not work
Attachments
IMG-20200221-WA0023~2.jpeg
FelipeOliveira

Postby woodygb » 21 Feb 2020, 20:59

FelipeOliveira wrote:good afternoon. could someone tell me what it means, and what should i do? the Tilt function does not work

Indr_Avg = INDOOR

https://www.invacare.com/doc_files/1141471.pdf Page 40

Page 79 Powered Seating Menu

DLO ( DRIVE LOCKOUT )
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby FelipeOliveira » 22 Feb 2020, 00:36

woodygb wrote:
FelipeOliveira wrote:good afternoon. could someone tell me what it means, and what should i do? the Tilt function does not work

Indr_Avg = INDOOR

https://www.invacare.com/doc_files/1141471.pdf Page 40

Page 79 Powered Seating Menu

DLO ( DRIVE LOCKOUT )

Good NOIte Wood
how much time .....
Thanks for the feedback ....
but to perform this procedure do I need the programmer? Or is it possible to perform on the joystick without a programmer?
FelipeOliveira

Postby woodygb » 22 Feb 2020, 01:15

No idea about the Invacare MK6...Sorry
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 22 Feb 2020, 01:21

You could ...I understand make your own programming card.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby FelipeOliveira » 23 Feb 2020, 22:33

good afternoon . I managed to get the memory card recognized. I have now identified a problem with the electronic board of the smart cg Tilt. But I can't see the component reference. would anyone have one to check and inform me? Posição na placa é Z20. Parece ser um zenner

or even . if you change the analog p configuration or replace it with a limit switch system. it could be an alternative ... of course changing the parameters ..
Attachments
20200222_200109-COLLAGE.jpg
FelipeOliveira

Postby daunjan » 24 Feb 2020, 08:16

Hey anybody know where to get r-net dongle to pc so can mod chair setup? anyone got cheap spare ship nz?
daunjan

Postby Burgerman » 24 Feb 2020, 17:31

They are never cheap...
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair