Invacare Matrx Libra

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Invacare Matrx Libra

Postby sacharlie » 17 Jun 2018, 20:38

Looks like you can get a very deep seat well in the seat bone area. Believe I should try something like this. What other brands should I consider?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YExRE4UUgg0
sacharlie

Re: Invacare Matrx Libra

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jun 2018, 20:48

Interesting cushion. I may try one. Obviously developed by the profit seeking world of capitalism. To try take some of the huge market share enjoyed by Jay cushions. :joint

Others?
Jay2, or the newer development, the jay fusion as its called your side of the pond!

youtu.be/nIeLwNP5DSM
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby sacharlie » 17 Jun 2018, 22:11

The only thing lacking with all these gel, fluid and air cushions is proper air circulation to prevent skin maceration. I don't see any of them addressing that issue. The reason I say that is because they only briefly mention a cover option to help with air flow. If any of them really had a cover that prevented skin maceration, but could still delivered the benefit of the immersion into the gel or fluid or air bladder, you would hear them touting that fact. Thus my use of supracor cushions which are terrific at eliminating skin maceration but lacking in soft seating.
sacharlie

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jun 2018, 22:43

True.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby hobie1dog » 18 Jun 2018, 02:55

One of these used with the medical sheepskin covers sounds like comfort.
Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Invacare M61
Quickie S636- 3.00-4 tires, Chevy seat
hobie1dog

Postby rover220 » 18 Jun 2018, 21:08

the libra is a decent cushion at a not eye watering price. also available is a positioning kit to customise the cushion with wedges and pommels
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 21 Jun 2018, 22:27

Just ordered one of those cushions to take a look, and to see if it is better than the silly priced Jay cushions. Not sure yet. But I will test and if I dont like I will sell it here.

18 wide x 20 deep. Since I have yet again got a ischeal tuberosity problem... :thumbdown:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 10 Jul 2018, 11:06

Cushion arrived. Seems OK. Its considerably softer foam, and about 1/2 inch thinner than I am used to. Initial thought is that it may be a little too soft, and less depth means less immersion so less good for pressure than the more heavy duty Jay2 that I am used to.

So not 100% confident, centainly isnt bad. May add 1/2 of medium foam below this, to be sure I wont bottom out on curbs etc. Cover is reasonably good quality. Gel quite thin and easy to move about. Well where the gel goes is not really deep enough. Cushion is light. And flexy.

Cant test as still on bed... Would be much more confident that it would keep weight off ischeal tuborosities or whatever they are called. The edges will compress too much.

Jay2: 9.5 out of 10
Matrx Libra: 7 out of 10

My evaluation/opinion before testing. For a sport manual chair user, it would be better due to weight difference.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair