Need to ask a q

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Need to ask a q

Postby raymondjtoth » 24 Jun 2018, 00:27

Hi name is ray sorry bad spelling I have autism but higher function person haven’t posted long time but now back my mom old quantum 614 he is no longer made so she asked Medicare and Medicare through new moblity inched cargo Il to help declare here old chair n good and she did get approved and just st thanks s week she got it, my mom m got a http://amysystems.com/amysystems-alltrack-m-series/ it’s hat one my , q is is that a good idea be thanks ant sure thay say it is and national seating and mobility only use the milk battery’s no other brand so she got the chair at link I’m showing with mk battery. Is that s chair at link good what she had not w and is mi good battery? Were still new to different battery and makes of wheel chair this mk only battery my repair places I named here will get us or install ty ray toth hope can hel
raymondjtoth

Re: Need to ask a q

Postby martin007 » 24 Jun 2018, 00:34

The MK batteries are of good quality.

* http://www.mkbattery.com/
martin007

Postby raymondjtoth » 24 Jun 2018, 00:44

Ok how about my wheel chair I’m showing. Thanks
raymondjtoth

Postby martin007 » 24 Jun 2018, 01:01

My opinion on that type of powerchairs is negative.
I prefer powerchairs with (only) 4 wheels.
I think the best powerchairs are rear-wheel drive.
martin007

Postby raymondjtoth » 24 Jun 2018, 01:13

Ok,great still is this brand good what is me asking my mm did need Rae wheel drive sed dew to here health problem
raymondjtoth

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jun 2018, 07:37

All brands are good, if correct options chosen, correctly configured, correctly set up for the user, and correctly programmed. Sadly this seldom happens as it should. So be sure it does!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby raymondjtoth » 24 Jun 2018, 13:22

Ook what should we ask for programming when h comes back to modify my moms new chair for here didn’t have parts need to order them for price framing thanks it’s for my mom Vivian ms new power wheel chair ty
raymondjtoth

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jun 2018, 16:47

You can ask... At best you get about 15 minutes with a low level dealer programmer, and the guy will not know what he is doing. You really need to learn, get hold of your own OEM level programmer and fine tune for a month as you realise what works best.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby raymondjtoth » 24 Jun 2018, 19:47

Ok what can I ask our guy look like he may know what doing thanks what can I ask him to thanks
raymondjtoth

Postby Burgerman » 24 Jun 2018, 22:40

Its not what you ask him, its what he knows, and what you know, and what works best for you. And that needs much trial and error. And theres hundreds of settings, and thousands of combinations and its down to you. It needs understanding and time and tesing. I make changes today, after years of fine tuning already.

But do try to reduce turn deceleration, and minimum turn acceleration, which is a delay to as low as possible. As in set those to max/ 100.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby raymondjtoth » 25 Jun 2018, 02:24

ok why do i want to do this helping my mom a lot thansk for helping want to get it right not sure why i would want to can yopu explaine thansk ray from desplaines il usa
raymondjtoth

Postby raymondjtoth » 25 Jun 2018, 02:29

just emailed my company to ask them should hear from them in morning
raymondjtoth

Postby Burgerman » 25 Jun 2018, 09:38

Turn acceleration means that you move the joystick or whatever input you use, left (or right) and the chair does not move straight away but slowly accelerates to the turn speed. This feels like delayed steering action. At the max speed setting.

Minimum Turn acceleration means that you move the joystick or whatever input you use, left (or right) and the chair does not move straight away but slowly accelerates to the turn speed. This feels like delayed steering action. At the max speed setting. At the slow speed settings. Or at small stick movements.

The two settings above determine how fast the turn is innitiated. You choose. But setting these high to 70 or more is quite important unless you want it sluggish and delayed.

But more importantly...

Turn deceleration means that the turn that you are already doing, continues long after you tell it not to! And this is always set at a slow rate. so you hit door frames or drive off the pavement! This must be set high. Mine is sat to 100. Which effectively means it stops turning the instant you say so.

Minimum Turn deceleration means that the turn that you are already doing, continues long after you tell it not to when set to the slowest speeds and at small stick movements. Mine is also set to 100. So that a turn stops the instant you tell it to, when going slowly. Makes the chair steer properly.

There are about 50 such settings that you will need to fine tune. And these are all down to you. You need a programmer for yourself, not a dumb tech guy or dealer to try to do it for you because they cannot.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby raymondjtoth » 10 Jul 2018, 20:54

Ok just had tech out for wheel chair and did turn up what told us to ask to get to Max/100 thanks ray
raymondjtoth

Postby Dan » 16 Jul 2018, 08:47

I'm not sure anyone understood your last question Raymondjtoth.
Remember that a good chair for one person might not be OK for someone else.
Maybe your mom is OK with the way the chair is now?
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
Dan

Return to Everything Powerchair