Of electric wheelchair motors for bike 810$ .

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Of electric wheelchair motors for bike 810$ .

Postby vinsen » 25 Jun 2018, 19:50

All parts are purchased on Aliexpress, two 350W motor two controllers and two gas handles. Battery-36 volts. It's already 500 km away......rubber should be changed for good.
https://youtu.be/6PqNtZUlT9E
I'm from Russia
vinsen

Re: Of electric wheelchair motors for bike 810$ .

Postby Burgerman » 25 Jun 2018, 19:56

We need a better translation?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Fedor » 25 Jun 2018, 23:02

Ok, I'll try. The video shows how to convert an ordinary "manual" wheelchair into an electric one, using two cheap motor wheels, like on electric bicycles. The main feature is the control method. Each motor only have a speed knob, and they are synchronized (just by knobs design). No joystick. Turn the wheelchair by manually braking one of the wheels. With the help of hands. Summarizing, this is a simple and reliable way to electrify a standard cheap manual wheelchair. And its have a light weight and a good range. All the main components are used from electric bicycles and are available in any market of any country.

We have many such ideas in Russia. And some of them work. For many people here two factors are important: the price and ease of implementation. The average subsidy from the government in Russia for disabled people is $ 300 in month and $ 1500-3000 to buy a power wheelchair every five-sevens years. So for many, such upgrades make sense.
geek | non-native english | bear, vodka, balalaika
Fedor

Postby martin007 » 25 Jun 2018, 23:48

The average subsidy from the government in Russia for disabled people is $ 300 in month and $ 1500-3000 to buy a power wheelchair every five-sevens years.

In Spain the situation (disabled people) isn't much better.
martin007

Postby Burgerman » 26 Jun 2018, 00:00

I see. But a used powerchair makes more sense to me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby martin007 » 26 Jun 2018, 00:15

I don't think there is a market for used powerchairs in Russia.
martin007

Postby Fedor » 26 Jun 2018, 00:46

martin007 wrote:In Spain the situation (disabled people) isn't much better.

I think that this situation in some ways even helps. First, it teaches us to hope and believe in our own strengths. Secondly, it forces you to think, create, and find solutions. And do not wait for someone to do it for you. Sometimes easy opportunities make people lazy. On the video, an example of a person who solved his own problem, with his brain and knowledge. And it works!

martin007 wrote:I don't think there is a market for used powerchairs in Russia.

In Russia you can easily buy Mayra, Ottobock, Invacare, Sunrise Medical and some others brands. And we have official dealers and warranty too. Also we have some ours own all-terrain powerchairs, for example the Observer (Russian brand):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3lflLuYpbrM

Observer’s powerchairs even have a killer feature: automatic adjustment of the angle of the seat while driving through the mountains and hills.

But! Most do not have the money to buy something like that. Small demand = high price. The law of the market.
Fedor

Postby martin007 » 26 Jun 2018, 00:51

Fedor wrote:We have. In Russia you can easily buy Mayra, Ottobock, Invacare, Sunrise Medical and some others brands. And we have official dealers and warranty too. We even have our own all-terrain powerchairs, for example the Observer (Russian brand):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3lflLuYpbrM

Observer’s powerchairs even have a killer feature: automatic adjustment of the angle of the seat while driving through the mountains and hills.

But! Most do not have the money to buy something like that. Small demand = high price. The law of the market.

I refer to used powerchairs.
The used powerchairs are cheaper.
martin007

Postby Fedor » 26 Jun 2018, 01:02

martin007 wrote:I refer to used powerchairs.
The used powerchairs are cheaper.

I understand. But it's not so cheap, moreover, when buying a used powerchair you will not be able to take a government subsidy.
Fedor

Return to Everything Powerchair