PINNED - PROGRAMMING - Make it steer! R-Net + others

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - PROGRAMMING - Make it steer! R-Net + others

Postby 700R » 02 Nov 2022, 20:52

Scooterman wrote:PS: was the 700R a smaller capacity version of the 900R ninja?

It was actually the lightweight, stripped out version of the 900 Ninja and given an extra 2 wheels for stability due to its insane power to weight ratio.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 03 Nov 2022, 01:17

There was a 750R ninja but I never saw the point. Same bike with its balls cut off.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 03 Nov 2022, 15:52

700R wrote:
Burgerman wrote:So... How do you change the speed in each profile?

As Rover says, you don't but what you do is add an extra slow profile to compensate. I tear off down the road to the pub flat out then select the slower profile when entering the pub. I have 3 profiles on my LED, fast, slow and empty.

Oh I see, so with different profiles you simply select a slower profile when say going into a shop or on a bus, just as you would select a slower speed with if you have just the one profile.

Got it, thanks :thumbup:

Learning all the time... :geek:
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 03 Nov 2022, 17:36

Which pretty much either makes profiles or speeds poointless. Its one or the other.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 03 Nov 2022, 21:40

Scooterman wrote:Oh I see, so with different profiles you simply select a slower profile when say going into a shop or on a bus, just as you would select a slower speed with if you have just the one profile.

Got it, thanks :thumbup:

Learning all the time... :geek:

That's the way you have to do it with the LED controller. It's technically easier too than selecting a different speed on the CJSM2 as that takes more presses than 1 simple slower profile press on LED. :D
700R

Postby Burgerman » 03 Nov 2022, 21:44

It takes 1 press... 1 paddle, faster or slower on that same paddle. And you can also do it while still rolling. You got it backasswards.

You need to go through all the options on your LED one to get back to the start.

So how do you do less? :?

selecting a different speed on the CJSM2 as that takes more presses
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 03 Nov 2022, 21:48

Burgerman wrote:Which pretty much either makes profiles or speeds poointless. Its one or the other.

I have posted the workaround which takes nothing to do and is quicker to select. Most settings stay the same anyway, as I'm sure you'll agree. I only slow the speed down indoors as the chair can be too lively with too many legs about to break. My indoor profile is the same as my outdoor programme minus the 2 flicks I'd give the CJSM2 when indoors - simple.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 03 Nov 2022, 21:50

MOSTLY my profiles stay the same. But one has the GYRO enabled and lower load compensation...

It takes 1 press... 1 paddle, faster or slower on that same paddle. And you can also do it while still rolling. You got it backasswards.

You need to go through all the options on your LED one to get back to the start.

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 03 Nov 2022, 21:50

Burgerman wrote:It takes 1 press...

And you can also do it while still rolling. So how do you do less? :?

5 to 3 is 2 flicks. I also change it rolling AND without catching the on-off lever so it's safer for me.
700R

Postby 700R » 03 Nov 2022, 21:53

Burgerman wrote:It takes 1 press... 1 paddle, faster or slower on that same paddle. And you can also do it while still rolling. You got it backasswards.

You need to read and digest what's being said instead of repeating yourself. :thumbup:
700R

Postby Burgerman » 03 Nov 2022, 21:54

No you are wrong. You set it to go from one to the next speed with a short .2 sec delay. ONE press to choose ANY speed forwards or backwardsto slow down or speed up. With a nice clear screen to see what you selected in sunlight. Release when happy. Has nothing to do with profiles or on off switches.

And you get to keep a seperate profile with lowered motor compensation and or gyro working and limited max speed for empty chair use.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 03 Nov 2022, 22:08

HERE
Set continuous. One press to speed up or slow down. All steps. From a 1% step to as high as you want like 50%. With whatever time interval you want. So a one press smooth speed increase to any speed as you sit, or roll. And the same to slow. No need for 5 steps or pushes... Justt smooth continius speed adjustment at any speed you wish. ONE PRESS. No need to go in a loop to slow it, or lose profile options.

You can have your different profiles like with no high speed, and lower compensation for an empty chair too.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 03 Nov 2022, 22:56

Burgerman wrote:No you are wrong. You set it to go from one to the next speed with a short .2 sec delay. ONE press to choose ANY speed forwards or backwardsto slow down or speed up. With a nice clear screen to see what you selected in sunlight. Release when happy. Has nothing to do with profiles or on off switches.

No, I'm not wrong at all. If you prefer the CJSM2 that's your preference. I use both regularly and prefer the LED controller. I have no problem understanding the LED controller settings and don't even need to look at a screen let alone one that NASA can see. I can press a button down easier than I can flick a paddle to the same speed rating as a pre-configured profile.

Burgerman wrote:And you get to keep a seperate profile with lowered motor compensation and or gyro working and limited max speed for empty chair use.

Add another profile to the LED controller if you desire, it's simple.
700R

Postby 700R » 03 Nov 2022, 23:00

Burgerman wrote:HERE
Set continuous. One press to speed up or slow down. All steps. From a 1% step to as high as you want like 50%. With whatever time interval you want. So a one press smooth speed increase to any speed as you sit, or roll. And the same to slow. No need for 5 steps or pushes... Justt smooth continius speed adjustment at any speed you wish. ONE PRESS. No need to go in a loop to slow it, or lose profile options.

You can have your different profiles like with no high speed, and lower compensation for an empty chair too.

I'm fully aware of that but knowing my chair isn't going to flip on 3 but will on 5 is made easier with 2 flicks instead of having to clarify your amount of adjustment on a screen. Again, the LED allows for different profiles. banghead
700R

Postby Burgerman » 03 Nov 2022, 23:12

No, I'm not wrong at all. If you prefer the CJSM2 that's your preference. I use both regularly and prefer the LED controller. I have no problem understanding the LED controller settings and don't even need to look at a screen let alone one that NASA can see. I can press a button down easier than I can flick a paddle to the same speed rating as a pre-configured profile.

That wasnt your claim. You said several times that it took several clicks to increase speed... IT DOES NOT. Now you keep giving different reasons/escuses.

The LED one is fine. I have one. If you prefer that thats fine. It is not as programmable in what switches or buttons can do, it has less easy to see and understand info on screen regarding seating etc. Its just easier and better to use as it doesent need a complex human memory to work out what does what outdoors. Also allows error codes, and on board programming options. You may like the LED one and thats fine. But they both are. But your claim that the CJSM2 needs multiple presses or will tip you out is nonsense as the rate that the speed increases on ONE PUSH happen, in 1 degree levels if you wish can also be programmed to be gentle. Or to stop at a max speed. So thats allso nonsense!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby 700R » 03 Nov 2022, 23:48

Burgerman wrote:That wasnt your claim. You said several times that it took several clicks to increase speed... IT DOES NOT. Now you keep giving different reasons/escuses.

I don't keep giving different reasons/excuses at all. I know exactly how I do it and explained that. I've also stated why a smooth speed transition doesn't work for me. You clearly fail to acknowledge other ways suits differing abilities.

Burgerman wrote:The LED one is fine. I have one. If you prefer that thats fine. It is not as programmable in what switches or buttons can do, it has less easy to see and understand info on screen regarding seating etc. Its just easier and better to use as it doesent need a complex human memory to work out what does what outdoors.

You might well have a LED controller but I'll wager you're not at all familiar with it but it doesn't stop you thinking like you are. If you think a few settings needs a complex human memory then it's a bad show. :shock:

Burgerman wrote:Also allows error codes, and on board programming options. You may like the LED one and thats fine. But they both are. But your claim that the CJSM2 needs multiple presses or will tip you out is nonsense as the rate that the speed increases on ONE PUSH happen, in 1 degree levels if you wish can also be programmed to be gentle. Or to stop at a max speed. So thats allso nonsense!

Error codes can be read easily via the laptop the same as you would when any controller throws up an error. My chair on setting 5 will flip up easily every single time if you accelerate flat out immediately, it won't on setting 3. Again, my reasons for 2 clicks and not progressive adjustments, not yours. Your assumption that you know otherwise is utterly incorrect.
700R

Postby Burgerman » 04 Nov 2022, 00:20

I give up. You still refuse to accept that you claimed that it took several clickss. It doesent. And you can set lower acceleeration rates if "5" or whatever upsets your chair bothers you both in the speeds section, or you can set several different delay times or set 33% to get 3 speeds or 50 to get two, you can program how fast that speed chage comes in, and so again all nonsense.

Anyway I am no longer intereseted. An yes I have tried using a rehab chair (salsa) with several profiles and 5 seating options and many speeds. Its a pain in the ass with no screen to help. It can be done if you really want. Thats YOUR choice. But its definitely more frustrating. Even if you insist its not. Having tried both I know otherwise. And I have nothing against a small light joystick. And will be fitting the LED one to my BM2 chair where it makes sense. Again boh are good, if you want to use it feel free.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby fozzylou » 29 Jan 2023, 14:40

I need the sunrise oem software!

Could a kind soul point me in the right direction or dm me a link?

Thx
fozzylou

Postby Burgerman » 29 Jan 2023, 15:11

See PM.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair