PINNED - PROGRAMMING - Make it steer! R-Net + others

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PINNED - PROGRAMMING - Make it steer! R-Net + others

Postby terry2 » 06 Nov 2020, 21:36

rickystyx wrote:Help with help and ESP
I can't get the help menu to work in the R-net programming software - I have tried downloading the winhelp thing from an earlier thread but that wouldn't install either.
So what am I needing help for?
The Meyra apparently has 5 profiles or speed settings but when I download the settings from the chair it only shows it as having one profile that can be changed/
It also shows something in ESP - assuming that isn't extra sensory perception do I need to change the speed settings in there too?
The chair arrived tonight and it is a bit weird since it is like driving the car in reverse but with a steering wheel that's not very well connected to the steering shaft and it's flashing lights at me too.
It doesn't appear to have anything in the log (unless it has to be connected to the chair to be able to access those) I just did a download from the chair to the PC because it is too dark and cold out there to do anything else.
Since I can't get into the help menu I can't see what these things are - can anyone shed any light for me?

Change it from 1 to 5 profiles.
terry2

Postby terry2 » 06 Nov 2020, 21:38

Burgerman wrote:I suspect you are confusing profiles with speeds. Each profile can have setttings for any minimum and any maximum speed.

So if you set op just 1 profile properly it will have say 5 speed setting going from s l o w to FAST. You just change speeds and not profiles. Why would you need more profiles on a scooter?

Never seen a scooter with rear rack and pinion steering.

I have to say it's better then 1900s tank steer :lol:
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 06 Nov 2020, 21:38

Send me it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rickystyx » 06 Nov 2020, 22:32

Correct I was mixing up profiles and speeds.
Rnet is a lot different to the VR2 that I've managed to get my head around which is why I was trying to be able to read the help files so that I could understand things. Can you get a PDF of the help files for the software anywhere? I'll keep looking
ottobock b400 150Ah lifepo4
Swiss-trac manual chair add on with 30Ah Lifepo4 (want more 15Ah headway cells )
Meyra Optimus (PRIME)2 150Ah lifepo4 :0)
rickystyx

Postby terry2 » 08 Nov 2020, 12:12

My Meyra optimus settings.

Please let us know how you get on.
Attachments
CS19100955.R-net
(4.56 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2020, 12:21

Anyone wondering what ESP is here, it is a bit of internal logic that compares motor current to each other. It knows current increases if one motor slows at a given stick position/speed. So it thinks it can see when a chair thats front drive begins to fish tale or spin out. It then corrects that speed to match the other motor.

It doesent work of course because one wheel on grass, or one wheel climbing a small slope also bumps up current. Its a kind of glorified motor compensation.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby terry2 » 08 Nov 2020, 12:26

Burgerman wrote:Anyone wondering what ESP is here, it is a bit of internal logic that compares motor current to each other. It knows current increases if one motor slows at a given stick position/speed. So it thinks it can see when a chair thats front drive begins to fish tale or spin out. It then corrects that speed to match the other motor.

It doesent work of course because one wheel on grass, or one wheel climbing a small slope also bumps up current. Its a kind of glorified motor compensation.

It worked out the box for me.
The beast is awesome :)
terry2

Postby steves1977uk » 08 Nov 2020, 12:34

That's a weird setup! But hey, it works. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby terry2 » 08 Nov 2020, 13:02

steves1977uk wrote:That's a weird setup! But hey, it works. :thumbup:

Steve

:thumbup:

I love that when I go on a road and it slops.
I don't slow down at all :lol:
terry2

Postby rickystyx » 08 Nov 2020, 14:45

Thanks Terry for your settings - I'm going to download those onto my chair and see if it sorts it -
Differences between my Meyra optimus settings with reduced speed and Terry’s standard settings
1. Configuration – my settings have an intermediate set not showing on Terry’s
2. I have only one profile – Terry has 5
3. Controls – Joystick - Terry’s also has 5 profiles (all the same)
4. Controls – Profiled - Terry’s also has 5 profiles (all the same)
5. Latched - Terry’s also has 5 profiles (all the same)
6. Omni – profiled - Terry’s also has 5 profiles port 1 and 2
7. Omni – ports – SID - mine proportional – Terry’s has 3 axis proportional
8. ESP speeds – again Terrys has 5 profiles all different
Swiss-trac manual chair add on with 30Ah Lifepo4 (want more 15Ah headway cells )
rickystyx

Postby terry2 » 08 Nov 2020, 15:04

rickystyx wrote:Thanks Terry for your settings - I'm going to download those onto my chair and see if it sorts it -
Differences between my Meyra optimus settings with reduced speed and Terry’s standard settings
1. Configuration – my settings have an intermediate set not showing on Terry’s
2. I have only one profile – Terry has 5
3. Controls – Joystick - Terry’s also has 5 profiles (all the same)
4. Controls – Profiled - Terry’s also has 5 profiles (all the same)
5. Latched - Terry’s also has 5 profiles (all the same)
6. Omni – profiled - Terry’s also has 5 profiles port 1 and 2
7. Omni – ports – SID - mine proportional – Terry’s has 3 axis proportional
8. ESP speeds – again Terrys has 5 profiles all different

My 5 profiles are not the same.
The profile has nothing to do with speed.
If you look you will see the last one with 100% speed.

That's what you have to change.
terry2

Postby rickystyx » 08 Nov 2020, 15:41

I realise they are different but if I load it as it is I hope it will sort things for me
Happy to have the different profiles as long as it works well
As they say if it isn't broken don't fix it :0)
rickystyx

Postby terry2 » 08 Nov 2020, 16:12

rickystyx wrote:I realise they are different but if I load it as it is I hope it will sort things for me
Happy to have the different profiles as long as it works well
As they say if it isn't broken don't fix it :0)

Let us know how you get on.
terry2

Postby rickystyx » 08 Nov 2020, 16:43

It's peeing down out there at the moment so I'm not giving it a proper test tonight but WOW what a difference!
Obviously have full speed and better control now so I'm a very happy bunny.
Thanks Terry (and BM for looking at things for me too)
Terry just out of interest does the light that shows the profiles flash on yours?
Mine has flashed when it was showing the speed and still flashes now but of course now only one LED flashes where before it depended on the speed setting - just wondering why it flashes?
Any ideas
Ricky
rickystyx

Postby rickystyx » 08 Nov 2020, 16:50

I found this but I haven't got an electric tilt
3.12 Maximum Speed / Profile Indicator Flashes
This indicates the speed of the wheelchair is being limited for safety reasons. The exact reason will depend on the type of
wheelchair, however, the most common cause is that the seat is in the elevated position.
rickystyx

Postby terry2 » 08 Nov 2020, 17:07

rickystyx wrote:It's peeing down out there at the moment so I'm not giving it a proper test tonight but WOW what a difference!
Obviously have full speed and better control now so I'm a very happy bunny.
Thanks Terry (and BM for looking at things for me too)
Terry just out of interest does the light that shows the profiles flash on yours?
Mine has flashed when it was showing the speed and still flashes now but of course now only one LED flashes where before it depended on the speed setting - just wondering why it flashes?
Any ideas
Ricky

Not that I know.
What controller have you got?

A video would be good.
So now your top speed :)

If you ever find tubeless rims give me a shout.
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2020, 17:10

Go and look at every inhibit (except actuator inhibits) and set anything active to disabled or off.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rickystyx » 08 Nov 2020, 17:14

I'll check the speed tomorrow when there's a gap in the rain and I'll get a video of it then too.
I just have the LED controller without a screen.
If it is going full speed anyway I won't be bothered by the flashing light but it would be nice to know if anything needs sorting - it may just be the way it's meant to be.
I had a quick look at the log before doing anything and the only fault it showed was open circuit on motor 2 which it would have since it only has one motor. I may do a log reset and see what it might show after that but since it now goes well I'm happy anyway
rickystyx

Postby terry2 » 08 Nov 2020, 17:50

rickystyx wrote:I'll check the speed tomorrow when there's a gap in the rain and I'll get a video of it then too.
I just have the LED controller without a screen.
If it is going full speed anyway I won't be bothered by the flashing light but it would be nice to know if anything needs sorting - it may just be the way it's meant to be.
I had a quick look at the log before doing anything and the only fault it showed was open circuit on motor 2 which it would have since it only has one motor. I may do a log reset and see what it might show after that but since it now goes well I'm happy anyway

I bought the controller with the 4 inch screen, which is very useful.
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 09 Nov 2020, 10:39

I hope you are not using it to measure speed. Since it really only measures how far you push the joystick. The actual speed displayed depends on whatever you choose in programming. So unless you have calibrated it somehow it coud be reading anything.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby terry2 » 09 Nov 2020, 19:42

Burgerman wrote:I hope you are not using it to measure speed. Since it really only measures how far you push the joystick. The actual speed displayed depends on whatever you choose in programming. So unless you have calibrated it somehow it coud be reading anything.

No. I'm using GPS on a phone that is attached to my chair.

And your wrong about the speed that the controller reads.
My chair has it's own speed sensor that's attached to the rear wheel :)
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 09 Nov 2020, 19:56

It still has to be calibrated. It can only count revolutions. You must tell it exactly how far 1 revolution takes it. Or the exact diameter. Its in the programming software of any speed sensor device. Obviously a smaller wheel has more revolutions per minute than a larger one. Even on addon non integrated speedometers. Even bycicle ones...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby terry2 » 09 Nov 2020, 20:40

Burgerman wrote:It still has to be calibrated. It can only count revolutions. You must tell it exactly how far 1 revolution takes it. Or the exact diameter. Its in the programming software of any speed sensor device. Obviously a smaller wheel has more revolutions per minute than a larger one. Even on addon non integrated speedometers. Even bycicle ones...

Who really cares if it is or is not calibrated?...hmmm YOU.
Even GPS can be out.

My heart monitor is calibrated every 3 months but ho hum...

Are you really bored at the moment as you're coming across as a mean old man.
terry2

Postby Burgerman » 09 Nov 2020, 22:26

Well if it reads double the speed or half the speed its pretty much pointless isnt it? :clap

No I dont care what you do. Just trying to explain that its likely to be reading anything.

Actually GPS cant be out as long as you are measuring over a sensible distance and have adequate sattelite lock. Its all time/distance and digital.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 10 Nov 2020, 02:57

Looking at the pictures of that wireless dongle, I notice that it has a USB connector on it, along w/ a cable in the package...

Anyone know if that would allow use of the PC dealer software (and our workaround to make a non-wireless dealer level dongle work w/ OEM SW) in addition to the wireless?

Any idea of cost for this dongle, as compared to the non-wireless one?

It also occurs to me that even if this wireless dongle doesn't work w/ the PC software, it may cause more of the non-wireless dealer dongles to become available... I could see dealers and service techs wanting to 'upgrade' and selling their old ones...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby rover220 » 10 Nov 2020, 08:59

ex-Gooserider wrote:Looking at the pictures of that wireless dongle, I notice that it has a USB connector on it, along w/ a cable in the package...

Anyone know if that would allow use of the PC dealer software (and our workaround to make a non-wireless dealer level dongle work w/ OEM SW) in addition to the wireless?

It also occurs to me that even if this wireless dongle doesn't work w/ the PC software, it may cause more of the non-wireless dealer dongles to become available... I could see dealers and service techs wanting to 'upgrade' and selling their old ones...

ex-Gooserider

The wireless dongle does not use software, you connect via any device using a browser. The USB cable is for storing drive programs and other files like a USB stick
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 10 Nov 2020, 11:40

In other words you may as well just have OBP enabled since its dealer only. Or use a real dongle. All a bit pointless really!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 17 Nov 2020, 03:29

rover220 wrote:
ex-Gooserider wrote:Looking at the pictures of that wireless dongle, I notice that it has a USB connector on it, along w/ a cable in the package...

ex-Gooserider

The wireless dongle does not use software, you connect via any device using a browser. The USB cable is for storing drive programs and other files like a USB stick

OK. but that leads to the question about whether one could use the same sort of workaround as we have with the wired dealer dongles of creating a "new" OEM program and downloading that via the wireless dongle? Might be some extra 'monkey motion' of needing to save the original to a USB stick and shuffle it around, but still, if it works....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby rover220 » 17 Nov 2020, 08:17

Burgerman wrote:In other words you may as well just have OBP enabled since its dealer only. Or use a real dongle. All a bit pointless really!

Not really useless. Much easier to use than OBP in the field and for quick tweaks is as good as OEM as long as the OEM factory settings a maxxed out which most manufacturers already do.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 25 Nov 2020, 11:59

Well one of the most popular manufacturers certainly doesent! And this is why DEALER LEVEL programming is useless. Well one of the reasons!

Look at this STOCK programming with WALLS set up here! On my new Sunrise Q700R.
No way to make the damned thing steer with all these wallS set up! I need to set at least 4 of those to 100 in "speeds" to make it steer. And others to higher than it will allow in other settings. And deceleration to less than it allows. DEALER = Useless for this chair.

One before. With all the restrictions.
One showing all the ones now set properly!
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Walls everywhere stock!!!
Image2.jpg
Fixed, all the highlighted ones...
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair