BM. Can you do me a charge file.

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

BM. Can you do me a charge file.

Postby ICEUK » 19 Jul 2018, 11:49

BM. please Can you do me a file for my pl8 to charge sonnechism batteries? I need to replace the batteries, the chair my backup and my mrs uses it now and then should i just replace with same batteries?
ICEUK

Re: BM. Can you do me a charge file.

Postby Burgerman » 19 Jul 2018, 11:57

Same as MK, so use MK gel or Sonnenschein A500 dryfit or whatever they call then now. what Ah?

Any of my MK files will work to start with, for cyclic use set to 14.1 (28.2V) which is 2.35V per cell. Set manual termination to either 1000thC or 8 hours whichever occurs first. So set to say 70mA termination for a 70Ah battery. Set charge amps to 12 for XLR charge or to 20 to 25 Amps for anderson connection. Or whatever 1/3rd of its Ah is. So technically, a 74Ah MK needs about 24.3A charge in a perfect world. A bit more also wont hurt.

Charge current is not critical. I charge them at 40A or more when in a hurry. The wheelchair manufacturers use 5 or 8A chargers... Which is way too slow. Leaving an inadequate time for CV to complete properly. Hence they allow the batteries to sulfate in typical 8 hour overnight charging.

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/MK1.pdf
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair