Quickie s525 Qtronix remote+ transistor TR2 smoked

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Quickie s525 Qtronix remote+ transistor TR2 smoked

Postby A_dam_ » 04 Aug 2018, 13:54

Wheelchair: Quickie s525
Controller: Qtronix D49780
Tilt controller: yes

Circled below is the TR2 transistor that smoked after the ribbon cable was loose in the socket because the clear backing film came off one end of the cable and then shorted (CON1) on re-connecting the power :roll:. The voltage led strip has stopped working completely. The tilt indicator and 1 to 5 speed profiles LEDs still work.

Does anyone know what type the TR2 is? Replacement part no? etc.

I do have a hot air soldering station.

Cheers
Adam

A_dam_

Re: Quickie s525 Qtronix remote+ transistor TR2 smoked

Postby woodygb » 04 Aug 2018, 15:27

Not a clue ...and I doubt that anyone has.

I'd nip on ebay and get a replacement.

BTW ... Qtronix is a re-badged P.G.D.T ( Penny & Giles now Curtiss Wright ) product...essentially it is a Pilot+ for the American market.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby woodygb » 04 Aug 2018, 15:43

It MIGHT be a BCW29 ...but I'm only guessing.
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby LROBBINS » 04 Aug 2018, 16:04

Since manufacturers try for parts commonality, take a look at the markings on the other transistors (e.g. TR4) and then google those markings.
LROBBINS

Postby rustyjames » 04 Aug 2018, 19:41

Those joysticks are easy to find in ebay, at least in the US. They are pretty robust, I've never had any problems with one except for the on/off switch.
rustyjames

Postby A_dam_ » 05 Aug 2018, 03:49

LROBBINS wrote:Since manufacturers try for parts commonality, take a look at the markings on the other transistors (e.g. TR4) and then google those markings.

That was my hunch but just looking at the package dimensions it doesn't quite fit any others on the board. Slightly smaller width than TR1 and TR4.

Not sure if it's a PNP or NPN type.

rustyjames wrote:Those joysticks are easy to find in ebay, at least in the US. They are pretty robust, I've never had any problems with one except for the on/off switch.

I'm in Australia, NSW so it's a bit harder to source a second hand unit without paying extortion rates, and with O/S purchases the shipping is normally a killer.

The wheelchair works but just no led strip indicators.

Another question: Whats the max input voltage of these P and G drive units? Just I have a two of 16000mAH 4S batteries with a storage charge in series at around 30 volts. I normally charge them up to 4.10v/cell to 32.8v for my remote control lawnmower. I just want use light power supply to move the chair around the garage.
A_dam_

Postby Burgerman » 05 Aug 2018, 07:42

Suposedly 35V. But I have seen overvoltage errors at 30ish as you slow due to regeneration current upping the volts. So you may be OK, mine was from a power supply.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 14 Aug 2018, 05:29

It might be easier to just replace the voltage LED strip with a small LCD voltmeter - that won't give you the error codes (if any) but will give you as good a 'gas gage' as the LED strip was (not very....)

I had a problem with the LED strip on my Qtronix joystick a few years back, and if I recall correctly, it traced back at least as far as a small IC that is no longer available... I ended up putting it in the spares pile, and replacing it with one of the Pilot+ 'teardrop' shaped pods - electrically it's a direct swap, but you also need to make a new mounting setup as they attach to the chair differently.

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Everything Powerchair