PL8 settings for headway charging

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PL8 settings for headway charging

Postby shirley_hkg » 14 Aug 2018, 12:08

headrc wrote:I have been negligent on taking a photo of the 20AH ...due to some other equipment repairs I have had to do here over the last several days. I will do my best to get that taken care of tomorrow ...and check for labeling on them. That is good to know on Shirley ....those batteries she highlighted do sound interesting for my application. Taobao is new to me ...looks like another adventure is in store here.

Beside BM , I also see the need to increase the Ah . Not much 40Ah cell will survire or last long , if it were to pull 120A from time to time .

headrc , I read your pm , and I'm willing to help. First thing is to identify which cell and how many .
shirley_hkg

Postby headrc » 14 Aug 2018, 13:58

Hi Shirley, thank you for the reply. Out of the two cells you highlighted the Sanyo 26AH is the most interesting. I need to know more though. This could be answered with a complete spec sheet in English regarding what the battery really is. At first I would be interested in 24 of these, then there might be more. Shipping costs need to be known and then finding out if a sample is available before I make that kind of purchase. We can do this through PM if you prefer. And this is very kind of you and beneficial ...your time is valuable and let me know about that.

And of course I am open to other suggestions if you run across them. I prefer Lifepo4 but I am not locked into that as this is not something I will be sitting on for this application. But I also have others who want me to build batteries for electric scooters etc. and LifePo4 would be preferred for that application.

Thank you, Richard
headrc

Postby headrc » 14 Aug 2018, 14:00

Oh ....and I will take note that Shirley is a "He"! :)
headrc

Postby headrc » 14 Aug 2018, 14:48

I am also not opposed to building my own Lithium Polymer cells. Here is one that is of interest using lithium manganate chemistry. It could be the cell used in some of the electric vehicle batteries.

As always, this depends on cost though. As the stated cost here would be more expensive than the Headways a lot of you are using. There is a source for these right now in the U.S. that is a lot cheaper though ...they are used but a lot of guys have tested them and they seem to be close to original spec. They are listed on Ebay presently.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=553720151906
headrc

Postby headrc » 14 Aug 2018, 21:15

As promised here are pictures of the Headway 20AH batteries I bought.

Headway 20AH A small.jpg

Headway 20ah B small.jpg

Headway 20AH D small.jpg

Headway 20AH D small.jpg
headrc

Postby steves1977uk » 14 Aug 2018, 23:46

Thanks for the pics Richard :thumbup: Do these cells have any serial numbers on them? All my 15Ah cells do have this, which makes me wonder if those 20Ah ones are "genuine" Headways :?

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 15 Aug 2018, 00:29

They look genuine to me. Headway make a few odd limited run sizes to suit various big contracts. These appear to be low rate 20Ah for solar or similar applicatiions.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby headrc » 15 Aug 2018, 01:30

I will have to look again for serial numbers ...but all indications they are genuine Headway. And again, the company name of the seller is the same as the one on the Headway website ...of course there can always be scams. At any rate ...the cells test properly against the specs.
headrc

Postby headrc » 16 Aug 2018, 04:51

Yes there are serial numbers on these cells ...it is under the shrink wrap. I have no doubt that these are genuine Headway cells.
headrc

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair