Novel Compact Scooter

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Novel Compact Scooter

Postby Scooterman » 12 Aug 2018, 07:09

This is novel. But I think the person who wrote the article made some good points. I can stand as well but I couldn’t lift the scooter out a car boot either. I could probably slide it out of a hatchback down a short scaffold board, but couldn’t lift it back in again. Also I don’t know why they designed it so the woman in the video has to bend over whiling keep her finger on the open/close button until the scooter has completed it’s action. It looks uncomfortable to me?

http://www.aid4disabled.com/di-blasi-r3 ... y-scooter/
Scooterman

Re: Novel Compact Scooter

Postby flagman1776 » 12 Aug 2018, 16:41

The link directly compares it to a TravelScoot... so I will too. I own 2 TravelScoots, my original is now 6 years old. It takes me about a minute to deploy Scoot from my back seat, including retrieving the pieces (keeping a hold on the car for my safety at all times.)
The heaviest piece of the TS is about 25 pounds, they claim 24 for the main frame (all aircraft aluminum, but that's without the front wheel which I never take off & I bet no one else does either. Their lift weight is twice the TS.
It IS more bulky than the TS.
I think the powered opening is slick, too bad it isn't one touch & it completes while you watch. I'm sure the larger wheels roll easier outdoors. The TravelScoot is a delight on improved surfaces, the harder & smoother the better.
It uses a 9ah LiFePO4 battery as opposed to the 10ah of standard TS LI battery
I will say, as my disability has progressed, I'm less confident of my ability to step across the frame of the TS & this may become an issue for me. This might score better on that point.
I don't see a price. I agree it is innovative.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Return to Everything Powerchair