FAO - Woody S-Drive Programming.

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

FAO - Woody S-Drive Programming.

Postby Scooterman » 08 Nov 2018, 08:55

Hi, the reason I'm asking this in the open forum rather than a PM is in case it's relevant to another WD user.

My large scooter's s-drive is 120A but I guess the wiring is similar to the attached diagram.

Looking at the wiring diagram and regarding your programming lead. I was wondering whether if I made a short patch lead with a mating mini molex connector on one end and an XLR plug on the other, I could connect it to your lead and program the scooter via it's XLR charging port?

The reason why is that on my scooter to access the s-drive I have to have help lifting the seat off (it's 35kg and on a shaft), plus remove the rear bodywork. Then to test drive each change I have to replace the seat, then lift it off again to replace the bodywork then replace the seat when I've finished. (it's more work than it sounds)

If a patch lead would work would you be able to do me a wiring diagram? Or alternatively could you make me a lead and I'd send you a PP payment for the lead + your time & postage?
Attachments
S-Drive S70 Wiring Diagram.jpg
Scooterman

Re: FAO - Woody S-Drive Programming.

Postby Scooterman » 08 Nov 2018, 10:49

EDIT: fao BM.

Sorry I'm wondering if I should have posted this in PINNED - Info on PROGRAMMING PGDT and others?

I didn't realise that thread is also for s-drive.

The edit button disappeared and I was too late to delete and cut and paste in appropriate thread.
Scooterman

Postby woodygb » 08 Nov 2018, 18:45

Scooterman wrote:Hi, the reason I'm asking this in the open forum rather than a PM is in case it's relevant to another WD user.

My large scooter's s-drive is 120A but I guess the wiring is similar to the attached diagram.

Looking at the wiring diagram and regarding your programming lead. I was wondering whether if I made a short patch lead with a mating mini molex connector on one end and an XLR plug on the other, I could connect it to your lead and program the scooter via it's XLR charging port?

The reason why is that on my scooter to access the s-drive I have to have help lifting the seat off (it's 35kg and on a shaft), plus remove the rear bodywork. Then to test drive each change I have to replace the seat, then lift it off again to replace the bodywork then replace the seat when I've finished. (it's more work than it sounds)

If a patch lead would work would you be able to do me a wiring diagram? Or alternatively could you make me a lead and I'd send you a PP payment for the lead + your time & postage?

Just copy the wiring on the right hand side of the pic. FOLLOW THE NUMBERS.

OR

Get an ATX12V 4 Pin P4 CPU Power Extension Cable & route it somewhere convenient.... if 8 " is not long enough.... buy 2 or 3 and plug them together.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-A ... B000O7WFHA

12"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Female ... le+-+m%2Ff
An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby Scooterman » 08 Nov 2018, 19:00

Cheers Woody, I'll do that!

I thought it was quite straight forward but wanted to check with you first.

It's within my skillset! :dance
Scooterman

Return to Everything Powerchair