Kymco Service Spanner

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Kymco Service Spanner

Postby mickeymonk » 30 Nov 2018, 23:47

Hi All,
The service "spanner" on my Kymco Maxer EQ40DA 4 wheel Scooter is flashing and I have tried all sorts of combinations of button presses etc for a way to reset it. I have also scoured t'internet without any luck.

Does anyone know the secret to reset the spanner :worship ?

Service.jpg
Mick
mickeymonk

Re: Kymco Service Spanner

Postby elryko1992 » 30 Nov 2018, 23:52

mickeymonk wrote:Hi All,
The service "spanner" on my Kymco Maxer EQ40DA 4 wheel Scooter is flashing and I have tried all sorts of combinations of button presses etc for a way to reset it. I have also scoured t'internet without any luck.

Does anyone know the secret to reset the spanner :worship ?

Service.jpg

Check the manual and see where is the error: http://www.kymcohealthcare.com/uploads/ ... 2.4156.pdf
elryko1992

Postby mickeymonk » 01 Dec 2018, 12:23

elryko1992 wrote:
Check the manual and see where is the error: http://www.kymcohealthcare.com/uploads/ ... 2.4156.pdf

If only it was so easy!

Thanks but that is the USER MANUAL and doesn't include either the error codes or how to reset the service spanner.

To clarify, I don't have any error codes, I have a flashing service spanner indicating it is time for a service.
I have performed a service and now wish to extinguish the flashing spanner.
I don't have any "approved service centres" within 50 miles and won't pay a callout charge of £80 + the price of a service, which I have already done, to get rid of a flashing symbol.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Mick
mickeymonk

Postby elryko1992 » 01 Dec 2018, 13:05

mickeymonk wrote:
elryko1992 wrote:

If only it was so easy!

Thanks but that is the USER MANUAL and doesn't include either the error codes or how to reset the service spanner.

To clarify, I don't have any error codes, I have a flashing service spanner indicating it is time for a service.
I have performed a service and now wish to extinguish the flashing spanner.
I don't have any "approved service centres" within 50 miles and won't pay a callout charge of £80 + the price of a service, which I have already done, to get rid of a flashing symbol.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Check the brake or brush or motor...
elryko1992

Postby flagman1776 » 01 Dec 2018, 18:00

mickeymonk wrote: ...which I have already done...

You haven't given us enough information.

What started this? What was your original complaint? Was it operating correctly before you had it serviced? (Perhaps the servicer didn't solve the original problem?)

What service did you have done? What did they DO? What was disturbed to do the service? Were all cables & plugs reconnected correctly & completely? (Perhaps the servicer accidentally didn't reconnect a plug correctly & completely or a plug / pins might have been damaged? Or accidentally left in free wheel.)
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby Mechniki » 16 Jan 2019, 16:59

You serviced it yourself. What Exactly did you service? it would help narrow down the possible causes. Most resets on wheelchairs are simple, plug the charger in and turn on the controller at least with the Invacare. However that could lose you some presets. I expect you need a kymco Programmer
I don't endorse the link, found it on DuckDuck http://www.mobilityscooterpart.com/prod ... php?id=156
Mechniki

Postby mickeymonk » 16 Jan 2019, 22:29

Mechniki wrote: I expect you need a kymco Programmer
I don't endorse the link, found it on DuckDuck http://www.mobilityscooterpart.com/prod ... php?id=156

Thank you but that is not Kymco software. It is P&G for the S Drive controller, which I already have with the required cable, and it does not interact with the Kymco display.

I have stopped looking for a solution.
There are no other issues or errors with the scooter so I've stuck some tape over that part of the display. Out of sight, out of mind :chillpill
Mick
mickeymonk

Postby Mechniki » 17 Jan 2019, 01:14

mickeymonk wrote:
Mechniki wrote: I expect you need a kymco Programmer

Thank you but that is not Kymco software. It is P&G for the S Drive controller, which I already have with the required cable, and it does not interact with the Kymco display.

I have stopped looking for a solution.
There are no other issues or errors with the scooter so I've stuck some tape over that part of the display. Out of sight, out of mind :chillpill

That is exactly what I thought you would do. Or disconnect the LED. My neighbour across the hallway, has a Golf GTi 2001, that has had it's service light on for 2 years - I don't want to reset it for them.Otherwise they'll never get it serviced.
Mechniki

Postby Burgerman » 17 Jan 2019, 03:50

Whats important is WHY its on. Mine comes on if I dont tighten the fuel cap properly... Its annoying, so I bunged up the sensor and then reset it. So it can be nothing, or it can be no oil pressure... Typical useless light for morons, tells you nothing.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Mechniki » 17 Jan 2019, 16:26

I guess the question not being answered here is no one here knows. Kymco honestly I had never heard of them before this post. There's little information about their mobility scooters on the net. Mostly m/c stuff. Was the service light on, before you serviced it yourself? For all you know it could be worn motor brushes which is common. Or even a low impedance etc
Mechniki

Postby leeeroy » 10 Jun 2019, 11:20

I've just reset the service spanner on a Kymco Maxer, but it wasn't flashing.
I pressed the 'Mode@ button to select 'ODO', then pressed and held the 'ADJ' and 'MODE' buttons at the same time for a few seconds, then the spanner went out.
leeeroy

Return to Everything Powerchair