Using Powerchair/Scooter to heat water for a coffee?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Using Powerchair/Scooter to heat water for a coffee?

Postby Scooterman » 16 Jan 2019, 09:51

Burgerman wrote:Bit too "yellow"? :argument

Years ago I used to have a one piece waterproof motorcycle suit. It was really good (and warm), and I used to wear it when outside at work. I wish I could remember the make of it? It's so difficult buying online because you can't tell quality from a photo.
Scooterman

Postby Mechniki » 16 Jan 2019, 10:58

Years ago I had a pair of Leather Motorcycle dungarees had them Hand Made in a shop in Godalming (on the way to Guildford) in shop run by the seamstress. The shop was called FUSION. I remember them well, I still have them somewhere. Not much good in the wet, but Roz (not sure if that is how here name was spelt) stopped the business about 10 years ago. I have one of those hats, it's a hard hat, safety in workplace thing. And it helps to comply with the UK's highway code page 16 (2016 HYWC) paragraph 43 basically make yourself more visible. The previous HYWC (2015) implied to make yourself as conspicuous as possible. I keep up with HYWC so I may regain my driving licence if my eyes condition improves.
Mechniki

Postby biscuit » 16 Jan 2019, 21:21

Legwarmers - warm, cheap, invisible, or you can look like an 80s teenager by putting them over the trousers.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Neon-Leg-War ... th=1&psc=1
biscuit

Postby flagman1776 » 16 Jan 2019, 22:11

Years ago, I acquired a heavily insulated snowmobile suit that was about the same color as my Police uniform. It had zippers up the outsides of the legs. I added iron on stripes down the legs. I had a long uniform reefer coat, strapped my gun belt over it when I drew assignments directing traffic after a sports game... usually about freezing when we manned the entrance before the game. When it ended... 15*F with lots of windchill from 2000 passing cars... Dang it was cold.
Yes, I was out of uniform... but safe knowing no white shirt Lt was going to get out of his warm car to find out.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair