Centre footplate

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Centre footplate

Postby Loganberry » 20 Feb 2019, 10:10

Hi please could anyone tell me is it possible to change electric elevating leg rests to a centre electric elevating foot plate I have just bought a Tdx sp2 as a back up wheelchair
Loganberry

Re: Centre footplate

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2019, 10:26

Anything is possible. In this case if you have the right parts its easy as they made them that way. So you would need the parts, and thats where your problem ££$$ start. Unless you can find used on ebay or somewhere. And you might. Then its basically plug and play.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby iainsherriff » 20 Feb 2019, 10:50

Interested to see where you go with the center plate.

Matt's Salsa M2 has manual folding center rest. It came as two plain aluminum "paddles" linked together at the hinge. Needles to say the front edge dug in to his heel when placing his feet and the back hinge area did so when his feet where in place. I added carpet and rubber edging which worked for a bit. Then he needed more padding so WCS sent out some gell pads, which didn't fit and the thickness prevented folding. Placing them far enough apart and re-drilling allowed them to be fitted and they ARE confortable BUT are too wide for when Matt transfers (they place his feet too far apart for strength to push off).

Ideally we want a plate to sit at the floor level for mount/dismount but that means no padding. OR to have the plate fold and move out of the way (backwards maybe).

Matt has to lift/push/pull his legs into place using his arms/hands but struggles to reach down to plate level so it needs to be powered.
We need center mount to maintain maneuverability in the house..... such a small thing but (as you say many times BM, OEM chair design and build IS rubbish)
Matt (son) is chair user.
MS fairly advanced
Invacare TDX SP2 NB
TGA S4 for dog/kid walking
iainsherriff

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2019, 12:06

My Salsa single centre footplate does exactly that. Loweres to the ground, I.e. length adjustable. And lifts up too as usual. The problem is that the WCS went cheap...

Both power options.

Looks like this.

Scroll down. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7455&start=600#p122818

But it also says its not available on the mini. Here http://www.sunrisedice.com/asset-bank/a ... /31019.pdf
Thats simply because it will hit the caster wheels as the footplate is massive. So they should have made a smaller plate. Actually the mini isnt a good choice for several reasons. Not least 36Ah batteries are not enough... And the fooplate issue.

Allthough I suspect that I could sort that footplate thing out. :hammer
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby iainsherriff » 20 Feb 2019, 12:34

Matt only uses his chair in the house, transfers to manual then to car when we go out and had Breeze for "walks".

Having been on this forum and your site for a couple of months we know what we can get/make when the time comes and funds allow. For now we use what WCS has provided and adapt it where I can without "upsetting them" :shh:

I'll check your links out, thanks.
MS fairly advanced
Invacare TDX SP2 NB
iainsherriff

Postby iainsherriff » 20 Feb 2019, 12:49

Your Salsa would be the perfect setup for Matt long term !

hmm
MS fairly advanced
Invacare TDX SP2 NB
iainsherriff

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2019, 13:12

And paid for by wheelchair services. After I upset them a lot!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ICEUK » 20 Feb 2019, 13:16

I fitted a centre footplate to one of my grooves, nothing a grinder and a welder cant fix.
ICEUK

Postby Mechniki » 20 Feb 2019, 13:55

Loganberry wrote:Hi please could anyone tell me is it possible to change electric elevating leg rests to a centre electric elevating foot plate I have just bought a Tdx sp2 as a back up wheelchair

Short answer: Yes
The brackets can be unbolted on one side, slid out of the channel. My only concern, would be if you also had a kerb climber, then the answer would be: No
Mechniki

Return to Everything Powerchair