Dynamic controls vs PGDT controls

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: Dynamic controls vs PGDT controls

Postby rover220 » 15 Mar 2019, 18:54

Burgerman wrote:The problem with that is that its not a "real" 100% as theres oem settings that increases the effect of the user settings. Its called an acceleration or turn acceleration scaler. So if thats set to say 25% the user settings are only 1/4 as affective. So its a wall but doesent appear to be one...

yes i know. its what invacare have done to stop dealers doing anything.

i recently retrofitted an electric recaro seat, couldnt program the new actuator in. had to send file to invacare to tweak the settings till i got enough amps for the backrest to work, was a joke
rover220

Postby rover220 » 15 Mar 2019, 18:55

steves1977uk wrote:Is the key needed to unlock the access levels with the blutooth dongle?

Steve

yep, software is the same and freely available
rover220

Postby rover220 » 15 Mar 2019, 18:55

ive got a spare dealer linx key, if only we knew how to crack it.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 15 Mar 2019, 20:29

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Until the likes of Permobil, Pride, invacares LiNX, have freely available OEM tools that people can buy, use and allow proper configuration. Then we should all outright refuse their chairs and control systems.

If they stop selling, then they might ask themselves or us why that is.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 15 Mar 2019, 23:21

That's the problem BM, the majority of powerchair users accept the programming as is and don't realise it can be vastly improved. So until that happens, the big manufacturers can do as they want. :cussing

What's even worse about LinX, there's no workaround to allow the Dealer dongle to save/load OEM files. At least on the R-Net system you can use the OEM software to allow changes and use the Dealer dongle to write the settings to the PM which is a big plus. :thumbup: :ugeek:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 15 Mar 2019, 23:38

Many years ago, a microsoft employee was on record saying that they dont care about any non business user pirating the latest software, espetially things like office. They even were thought to leak keys etc. Because they WANT users to be used to it, to learn it and then complain to their bosses at work about outdated software. Or crappy other manufacturers software. So that the buisinesses were pushed to upgrade.

You would thing that because of forums like this with users that demand a little more and that understand what they want or need that it would be the same. So even if the official line was that only manufacturers can get OEM. They would want to leak keys, or ways that we could get hold of or access OEM level unnoficially. That leaves them in a safe place liability wise, and means people like us would recommend, push or use chairs with their control systems. So more sales. more importantly users with USABLE chairs and the ability to sort out configuration issues such as a different footplate type. Or whatever.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Mar 2019, 12:40

I agree BM, they would sell more if they gave the users the OEM programming tools providing the users sign an "at your own risk" disclaim form.

@Rover, when you say you can't get the chair to perform as you would like with LinX, do you mean there's hidden delays set?

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby steves1977uk » 16 Mar 2019, 12:51

Also I don't understand why Curtiss-Wright (PGDT) won't sell the OEM programmers to users like me who have been using their control systems for 30+ years? Surely they must realise I'm capable of programming my own chairs now? czy

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby Burgerman » 16 Mar 2019, 13:16

Other than on here, I never found any dealer, or even manufacturer that has much idea about programming or OEM level stuff at all. In the past I have rtied in desperation to get things programmed properly by manufacturer or dealers alike. Even WITH these tools they all seem completely clueless. Yes they have all been on courses, and such. But they are usually the wrong types of personalities. They remember some things, and repeat it all parrot style. But no actual understanding of whats possible or why.

As such there are plenty of end users with WAY more understanding of all this stuff than the dealers or even manufacturers that are limiting all this and stopping us get our hands on the basic tools we need.

Try ringing sunrise medical, invacare, or even the manufacturer of the control system and asking about say, motor load compensation and how that actually works. Not how to set it. How it WORKS and why. Again, ask them to explain the difference between battery current, motor current and motor impedance and the relationship between these 3. You will not find anyone that can explain it to you. Yet this is the basic fundamental working of every mobility controller. Without an understanding of this, and current limiting, you CANNOT properly configure the rest! Because they DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT.

So they think that I or you, dont stand any chance of understanding the basics or whats safe as a mere end user... When in fact it seems that the oopposite is true.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair