Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus to "go kart"?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus to "go kart"?

Postby jeffmorris1956 » 04 Apr 2019, 12:45

First time here. My woodworking teacher gave me a Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus with three wheels. I found out that the top speed is about 5MPH. If I want to convert the scooter into a "go kart", Is it possible to get faster motor, larger wheels/tires, and/or use three or four 12V batteries? There is front axle assembly for 4-wheel Elite Traveler Plus sold at https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/mob ... -sc54.html but it won't fit 3-wheel scooter. Any suggestions?
jeffmorris1956

Re: Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus to "go kart"?

Postby Burgerman » 04 Apr 2019, 13:36

Unless you want the slowest go cart in the world you are better off starting from scratch.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 04 Apr 2019, 13:47

The Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus you were given has some value but you must understand it's limitations. The control system must work on a narrow range of voltages. Motors, even used are pricey & limited by the available power. The wheels are made to fit & adapting is not easy. By the time you've removed everything that won't work... you'll have nothing left.
If the Go-Go Elite Traveler Plus s operational, you'd be best served by selling it, or donating it to someone who needs it as is or can fix it for others. For your interests, you'd be better off & money ahead by building a go cart from appropriate source parts.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby Burgerman » 04 Apr 2019, 14:02

Start looking at lithium, 60 to 100V controller for brushless motors like the stuff used in the hobby world.

And cart wheels/tyres/hubs/brakes/axles etc.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 10 Apr 2019, 08:10

If looking for lowish cost, and fairly simple, my friend Erik Kondo has made (w/ help from me and others) some neat carts starting with a Swagtron 'off-road' hoverboard, and a bolt on 'cart conversion' kit made for kids... Suitable for paras w/ reasonably small butts butred and good use of both arms...

We beefed up the front wheel a bit, and added some better foot support frames with straps to keep the users feet from bouncing out... We also replaced the little flimsy seat with a plastic bucket seat with some cutouts for the two control arms, and beefed up the hardware that fastened the cart to the hoverboard...

Result was a 3-wheeled cart that would do about 15mph, controlled by two levers that tilt the HB sides back and forth.... (true 'tank-steering')

It's enough fun that when we let AB's try it, we have trouble getting them off it so us gimps can have a go...

(Search for Erik Kondo to find videos of this and other toys we've built)

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Everything Powerchair