scevo bro

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

scevo bro

Postby sin85 » 14 Apr 2019, 02:38

hava look. looks cool. pitty about speed. i think that models for germany will have 15km/h variant.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EmRLLO ... WhDBT/view
sin85

Re: scevo bro

Postby Burgerman » 14 Apr 2019, 13:02

So whats wrong with it, at least for me...

A. it steers like a drunken sailor in the vids. So unless I can get hold of a programmer and nobody can, it is for my purposes already dead in the water.

B. While we are endevouring to get acceptable range, and dumping 74Ah lead bricks, and replacing these grp 24s with anything from 90Ah a few years back, to typically 176Ah or 180Ah, up to 200Ah today, they fitted this thing with a tiny 20Ah battery. And claim 15km or about 8 mile range. Thats an ISO figure, so the reality is half that. I do more than that in an hour. This is why you are limited to 4mph. Because like that iBot, balancing thingy, its battery is much to small, and it has to be geared to go 8mph, to balance safely at 4mph. Its got to have an unused reserve of power (Amp draw capability) at its max speed or it can fall over. Its got a claimed 1000 cycles from laptop style lithium. Thats double lead. But you wont see any extra life because you are torturing a tiny 20Ah pack, so will likely be charging several times a day if you are active. In contrast to the 10 to 15 years we are all expecting. And 50 to 80 miles actual range.

C. Speed. See above. 4mph is not usable in the outside world. You will be run over crossing a junction or something! Or just die from frostbyte or boredom. And faster isnt an option as doublingthe speed means half the range. see above.

D. Its cant carry much weight. For E.g its no use for me by 30kg...

E. Those tracks (and all the paraphanalia that lets them work) take up all the space you really needed for batteries, and they eats battery power very fast when climbing anything. As did the olde iBot. Climb a staircase and spend the rest of the morning putting your 4 usable miles back in!

F. Huge and wide at the front, so terrible indoors.

Theres lots more, such as all heavy rehab seating that it cant cope with. And the fact that even of their own demo vids, the fragile 'tracks' are already visibly losing the bobbles on sharp steps or concrete. So wont last a week in the real world use. Or that it tips forwards hitting its tracks during sensible acceleration - so you cant really have any, and it does so going up a ramp like a street ramp or steep hill at slow speeds even if its not accelerating.

Its another student climbing wheelchair project. So they will market it like mad, and sell a few to the bewildered that dont understand what they are looking at or its huge compromises. And after a few years it will either vanish or be a small time overpriced gadget that makes a terrible full time wheelchair.

I may be wrong. But for e.g, hows is that going to work in my van? And it must, its got hardly any range.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair