R-net

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: R-net

Postby wheelie junkie » 10 May 2019, 18:38

Which is why a set of 100AH LiFeP04 batteries left China today. I bought my own chair to have it exactly as I want it. Limited by the small chassis size but will get 100AH cells in.

Ottobock might sort their marketing out eventually and realise they need to provide accurate information.

Order form pdf is too big to upload :(
wheelie junkie

Postby Andrey » 10 May 2019, 19:10

Burgerman wrote:Otto bock baffle me.

I wanted to look at specs and tech details to see if a single centre footrest, was an option, and if they had grp24 batts/4 pole/6mph/rnet 120 options. And a price. Their website seems to want to tell you nothing useful and send you off to a useless dealer. So I cant buy one! :clap

https://www.ottobock.co.uk/wheelchairs- ... eelchairs/

Where are all the details, options, prescription forms, tech info, prices, with various configs, etc. How can I even consider if its suitable if I cant find anything out about them?

Found some, maybe it could be useful
https://www.recare.co.uk/ClientArea/fil ... 20Form.pdf
and
https://www.lifestyleandmobility.co.uk/ ... erForm.pdf
Andrey

Postby Burgerman » 10 May 2019, 19:20

Excellent work!
Not exactly cheap.

So no 120A R-net. No idea if 2 or 4 pole motors so likely 2. And no grp24 batteries... So non of the basic essential starting point essential options.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby F3Head » 10 May 2019, 21:30

I should of added get a chest harness to stop upper body slumping, he will never enjoy driving his chair slumped out of the side struggling to reach the joystick as it bounces around[/quote]

I definitely recommend using the chest harness. It made a world of difference in my driving capabilities and comfort. Especially when I'm getting thrown around in my minivan. I like the AEL chest harness more than the Bodypoint. AEL also has good tech support on the telephone.

F3HEAD
F3Head

Postby snaker » 11 May 2019, 04:12

Can someone in UK help me to search an used 70 or 90A vr2 (as cheap as possible) on UK ebay? I just need the simplest one (without electric functions like lift/tilt/light) that matches the joystick below.

vr2.jpg
snaker

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2019, 04:51

Modules are about 45 uk pounds on the bay. Theres loads! The lighting etc is not relevant.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Dan » 11 May 2019, 07:20

Ebay UK search. A lot don't list the power output but there are some 70A ones, don't see many 90A.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... r&_sacat=0

70A £58
Pride Quantum Q4 VR2 ecu controller electric mobility wheelchair powerchair.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pride-Quantu ... SwsPNb8tXs
I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
Dan

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2019, 09:19

Since this is an R-Net thread, did you consider an R-Net power module and a cheap r-net joystick?
They are no more expensive. And you already have r-net programmer do you not?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby snaker » 11 May 2019, 10:23

Just the price of a rnet programmer already kills me :worship :worship :worship

I tried to search a 90A vr2 and only found 1 or 2 items but unaffordable. I thought ebay filtered search results by ip :fencing

Maybe I still have to be happy with the current 50A vr2 :oops:
snaker

Postby wheelie junkie » 11 May 2019, 10:34

Burgerman wrote:Excellent work!
Not exactly cheap.

So no 120A R-net. No idea if 2 or 4 pole motors so likely 2. And no grp24 batteries... So non of the basic essential starting point essential options.

Definitely 120A and 4 pole, they are almost standard spec, I didn't even need to ask, salesman just said it was the norm from Ottobock.
wheelie junkie

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2019, 15:35

They offer 90A VR2, and their own 120A system?

At least thats what their website shows!!! :cussing AND that prescription form...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby wheelie junkie » 11 May 2019, 18:10

I need to get a support worker to look under the seat, if it is their own system what else would be R Net? It has Omni and a Mo Vis joystick but can be programmed with R Net dongle and software. Confused?? Or have they just rebranded R Net?
wheelie junkie

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2019, 18:19

If the programmer works yours MUST be R-net. Rebranded? Do not know.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 11 May 2019, 18:26

when searching for these PM and JS - etc, - Rnet - i find many with different numbers codes on them etc, - why so many different codes and numbers - does that make a difference - forget Permobile models - i dont trust them they may or may not work correctly - how can someone even know if they are getting the correct PM or JS for there chair -

if an PM or JS comes off a permobile - should that be avoided - will it work on a quickie chair - etc, i dont see what so many different codes - even same PM Rnet 120A - etc, may have different codes on them on the label - how can someone figure it out to know if they are getting the correct PM - ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2019, 18:36

The different numbers refer only to the OEM number mods. So it may say permobil on screen. Instead of say pride or incacare or whatever. And a power module will come preprogrammed for a specific chair model. So you can put it into stock, sell to a user and its got correct programming for things like motor compensation, that specific chairs default settings, motors, and gyro/seating options etc. No programming required. And different firmware updates. All are still compatible but may need programming correctly.

If you have an OEM programmer, anything that says R-Net on it SHOULD be just plug and play. As long as you add your own programming file. You did save a copy onto the PC right? Or you might get to put 24V through your 12V brake for e.g.

So any. According to rover the only issues come from permobils own seating module etc. So dont buy those...

I for e.g. have just bought 2 advanced colour joysticks. Those are sunrise (logo on startup) but will work fine on any chair. Justr look odd on a permobil!
And I bought 2x 120A R-Net power modules. From a permobil M300 so those will want programming totally... But again will work on any chair.
And a seating lighting module that aparently comes from a permobil (ebay claim), which rover says is quickie/salsa one! Judging by the wires. None of that matters. Its all plug and play once YOU program it to work for your chair. If you are just replacing a part, a joystick or a module, or a gyro, no programming needed. The data is stored in the power module.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 11 May 2019, 18:48

i see - so its safe to purchase items that came off a permobile chair - can you get rid of the logo perobile when it turns on JS - i seen some that way - i asked a seller about if it would work - he said it may work it came off a permobile or may not work with quickie -

i though the same thing as you just said - i always save the original file and have a dozen of files saved settings etc, - so any PM Rnet OEM 120A would work - and that ISM 6 you got - my chair has seat lift and tilt - i never looked at that box that controls that stuff - its inside hidden -

that ISM 6 would work for me to control the seat lift and tilt also - if i had to change it - just unplug same cables etc, - add my file - programmed and thats it ? if it ends up in the same chair etc, that would be it plug and play ?
expresso

Postby wheelie junkie » 11 May 2019, 18:51

Burgerman wrote:If the programmer works yours MUST be R-net. Rebranded? Do not know.

They call it Ten but it is definitely working with my R Net dongle and is programmed at 120A. Probably another example of manufacturer using the same generic parts as every other manufacturer and marketing as their own. Few wheelchair companies would have the resource to develop a control system especially when there are existing well thought out ones available OEM.
wheelie junkie

Postby steves1977uk » 11 May 2019, 19:06

TEN°

The TEN° handheld control device constitutes a small ergonomic revolution providing secure positioning and prevents fatigue. The high resolution 3.5” colour display features modern and easy to understand imagery. Additionally, the innovative rotary dial with a 10° rotation angle permits fast regulation of the speed whilst the housing is extremely robust and available in various colours.

Sounds familiar? From... https://www.recare.co.uk/powerchairs/co ... 066&pid=21

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby expresso » 11 May 2019, 19:12

if looking for a Rnet cable from the JS to the PM on a chair with seat lift and tilt - what size would be a safe size to look for and not too long ? 58 inchs ? does that sound about right ?

thanks
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2019, 20:54

Thats a good question. And it depends on how its routed, and whare the power module is sited.

I am wondering the same. But look at it this way. Too long, not an issue. Cable tie a loop of wire where its out of sight. Too short, and you will need to stretch it... :cussing

Be careful though because most bus cables dont go from JS to PM but to the ISM instead, as it has 2 bus cable connectors. So depending where that is sited, you may not need a long cable at all. Just a couple of short ones...

Best bet measure. Twice, and add a little.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 11 May 2019, 21:18

oh yes - i didnt think of that and i am sure thats how its set up because if i can operate the tilt and lift etc, from the joystick - then the cable has to go thru that ISM 6 box before going to the PM - if it went direct - then wouldnt be able to use JS to operate those features i believe

so maybe a few 38 inch cables may work - you have to figure from the JS to the rear and add the lift to it also - 12 inch lift - ISM box is under my seat - hidden though over the battery divider - then from there wires go to the PM which sits in the front of the chair battery box - - i am not taking it apart to check now - but that sounds about right 90% i am sure -

i would like to find the wiring loom like you did with the ISM box - that would have to be specific also to each chair - depends how its configured i would think - i dont have power legs or recline - having the ISM box that can accept those features is ok just wont get used ?
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 11 May 2019, 21:34

Yes. In order of cost,there is 2 channel, 4, 6 and a mythical 8. All do lights as well. But you dont have to use any, or just one. Or just lights. And its a bus cable. You can connect any amount of modules and joysticks in any order you want.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 11 May 2019, 21:50

Ok so going with a ISM 6 - your at least safe knowing it will control all thats needed - and maybe more that are not needed - good to know - :thumbup:
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 12 May 2019, 02:02

It can drive 6 actuators. And lights, indicators, horn external.

Those can be seating, machine guns, or smoke machine. Or anything that doesent exceed the current limit. That current limit, and end stop detection, and speed, and other things, like inhibits speed limits when actuated etc can also be added. Theres also 2 inhibit inputs.

Read the R-Net manual.

On the salsa - 5 channels.
1 seat elevator.
2 tilt.
3 recline.
4 footrest elevate (length).
5 footrest angle/lift legs.
6 not used.

Each connector just 2 wires. To a motor/anything you want.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 12 May 2019, 03:24

ok thanks - i am debating if i should find and get an extra ISM 6 and PM 120A etc, if i find at good price - or not - i mean i have no reason to get them right now and never though about it as spares - - all my chairs in all my times - i never done that - always were repaired under warranty and never had to replace anything -

but having a spare in case its needed once my chair is not covered any longer isnt a bad idea either - or have to wait till its needed if ever needed - i have my first chair P220 - almost 20 years now - its my best indoor chair - and i lent it out if others need it temp etc, never done anything to that chair - motors are dragging a bit i think making noise - brushes its seems only in reverse - but works and not going to worry i have no more room here. but cant get rid of any of them just in case.

works fine indoor use - forget out doors - hate it outdoors now - other chair besides the motors - its just tires and batteries which i have that covered now - and i have spare motors for P222se and 646se chair now - would need to be rebuilt but i have them - so worse case - send them out to rebuild and install -

joining this site been great - but also turned my apt. into a garage but i do feel better having back up chairs that i can use outdoors with lithium etc, - shouldnt be stuck with no chair in the summer time - i hope
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 12 May 2019, 08:13

Its turned my bedroom into a workshop. Theres a vid here somewhere I did 3 days back after being called OCD!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 12 May 2019, 08:14

wheelie junkie wrote:I need to get a support worker to look under the seat, if it is their own system what else would be R Net? It has Omni and a Mo Vis joystick but can be programmed with R Net dongle and software. Confused?? Or have they just rebranded R Net?

it is just rebranded rnet system that ottobock now use
rover220

Postby rover220 » 12 May 2019, 08:16

Burgerman wrote:Yes. In order of cost,there is 2 channel, 4, 6 and a mythical 8. All do lights as well. But you dont have to use any, or just one. Or just lights. And its a bus cable. You can connect any amount of modules and joysticks in any order you want.

the ism8 is fairly rare, the cxsm8 is more common as it provides microprocessor control for complex seating needs and actuator feedback for position
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 12 May 2019, 08:21

Only the joystick being "odd" then. Since the OEM R-Net works, it must use the same internal electronics. Why? It must cost them extra to confuse people with what can only be described as an ugly and likely well overpriced joystick! And then the stock joystick must be ok to retro fit.

So if you prefer it, or your oddball 10 one goes wrong then logically the advanced colour one will be plug and play, with no need to even reprogram anything.

https://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Prod ... ules-CJSM2

Elryko has 2 for sale new...

Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 12 May 2019, 08:48

expresso wrote:i see - so its safe to purchase items that came off a permobile chair - can you get rid of the logo perobile when it turns on JS - i seen some that way - i asked a seller about if it would work - he said it may work it came off a permobile or may not work with quickie -

No. We have no way to change that... If you buy a joystick for a permobil chair it will always have that permobil logo. Thats why it has a different .xxx on the end of a part number. If you buy a generic one direct from PG it will have a R-Net logo! But all work fine and are plug and play.

i though the same thing as you just said - i always save the original file and have a dozen of files saved settings etc, - so any PM Rnet OEM 120A would work - and that ISM 6 you got - my chair has seat lift and tilt - i never looked at that box that controls that stuff - its inside hidden
-
If you ONLY have lift, and tilt, then you COULD have an ISM 2. Or ISM4. Or ISM6. Or the ISM8 which I have yet to ever see anywhere! All can do lights, and have inhibit inputs too, to slow you down. And yes the ISM6 will do yours as well. Regardless of which you have now. They all look the same so a quick look at it wont help you determine which you have. The programmer will though.

that ISM 6 would work for me to control the seat lift and tilt also - if i had to change it - just unplug same cables etc, - add my file - programmed and thats it ? if it ends up in the same chair etc, that would be it plug and play ?

Yep!

Unless you have a permobil with some non R-NET permobil seating module custom stuff and then you will have trouble programming it. Likewise permobil use a different stability module. So dont buy a permobil chair. R-Net stuff - no problem. Permobil stuff is a problem. Dont buy permobil chairs if you care.
Burgerman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair