R-net

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: R-net

Postby expresso » 28 Sep 2020, 22:48

it seems filing an complaint with the post office actually worked - and yet it was still delivered to the wrong apt. they cant even read -- so i got the cable that went missing and also have another arriving on Sat. so i will keep both

now i am still unsure if i should give this seller an Neg. rating which i know will come back to me also - but i dont care if he gives one back - if i dont do anything - he will think i lied about not receiving it - i am not going to file a ebay complaint any more or paypal because i got it - if i didnt complain to the post office

i am sure i would have never gotten it -

i didnt like the back and forth with the seller during this - his unwillness to ship fedex to avoid issues - and not wanting to even file a complaint to post office about it - his words - i am fine dont have a problem with USPS -

i may try it later tonight with Permobil JS and see if it works - will just use black tape around the frame to hold the overlay in place - should be plug and play ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 28 Sep 2020, 23:05

Yep. The important driving programming lives in the power module.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 29 Sep 2020, 01:15

Standard practice w/ just about any shipper - USPS or other is that once they get the package from the sender, it is no longer the sender's problem to track the package, make complaints about it not getting delivered properly or anything else related to the delivery...

Some senders will TRY to help, but it is NOT their job, so the seller in this case was not at all being an ass...

If you don't get a package, it is YOUR job to call the shipper....

That said I have also had ZERO problems w/ getting resolutions from E-bay in cases where an item I ordered was not as expected...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby expresso » 29 Sep 2020, 01:47

yes i agree its not there job - and i did file a complain with the USPS - but the seller can also file one also to be nice dont you think ? not that hard to do - - he was an ass because we went back and forth about how to resolve it - and agree to ship me another if i paid some - which i said ok but didnt want to ship Fedex or any other method -he was going to reship it again with the same Post office that didnt deliver it in the first place -

now why would you do that ? he then decided he wasnt goin to ship any more - all i wanted was for him to use Fedex 2nd time around - which isnt much more than USPS - and alot safer - surer - and easier to follow up with them in the event of issues -

I called and filed a complaint - i asked if he can also - to let them know - you dont have too - your job is done - you got paid and you did ship - you could also be nicer and make the call also - wont kill you - your doing bussiness and using a shipping service which is not the best - at least in my area - its always something

knowing that i would not want to ship USPS to anyone else either for that reason - the few things i did sell on ebay - i never used USPS - i went right to fedex printed a label and shipped it - its not that much more at all - sometimes its even the same cost - UPS is different - i noticed at least 50% more over fedex prices
expresso

Postby expresso » 29 Sep 2020, 20:43

I decided to swap out the JS to add the new model - it came off a permobil - the only issue it had was the rubber around it which has the buttons in the side - 2 on each side - a few dont feel like they make good contact - the chair had the external unit to operate the tilt recline etc, 5 button unit they usually mount it right behind the JS - in front of the arm pad.

so i figure nice - i add it - i plugged it in - let it update - shut it off and turned it back on - it workes - and moves - i can adjust the speed with the paddles - BUT - no idea how to operate the seat lift or tilt now or change profiles ?

i pushed the buttons on the side of the JS - i was able to get into the time date - etc, but the other buttons - not really getting a good feel - nothing happens - i had to put back my original -

i can think only of a few reasons - first can it be possible it wont work on a Sunrise quickie chair - i have tilt and seat lift to work from the JS - - could it be a programming issue ? where i have to assign those buttons to make it work ? and if thats it - i dont feel it will because i push on the buttons but dont get a good feel and nothing changes on the JS screen - i dont enter any other menus -

Or does this have to work only on a permboil chair which has the external unit to operate the tilt lift etc, ? on the Generic JS - you have the mode button and the profile button on the JS - like my orginial JS does - this new JS Does not have those buttons - instead has the horn button in that spot

has toggle to turn it on and off - toggle to adjust speed and horn button in the middle -
expresso

Postby expresso » 29 Sep 2020, 20:50

Maybe this only works on a permobil chair with external switch to control the functions ?
expresso

Postby rover220 » 29 Sep 2020, 21:12

Has it got 2 3.5mm jack sockets underneath? Must be some way of accessing other modes
rover220

Postby expresso » 29 Sep 2020, 21:22

yes it has the jacks under the JS - thats how the user worked her functions - she never used those side buttons - is there a solution to make it work on my chair ?
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2020, 22:12

Its permobils own version of the proper joystick we are talking about here?

The joystick is different to the normal PG drives one?

If so it MAY be permobil only firmware/programming. But I dont know I only bought 3 of those. One from permobil (not the cheaper on a genuine PG Drives version with permobil logo) and two sunrise ones. All 3 work fine, plug and play.

So it may be that yours really is permobil only or it may need programming to work. Theres another issue. The permobil software is different. So that might or might not work.

Do you have a pic? If its the one with missing buttons you might need the permobil bar with the buttons. Or it might just not talk to your system. Does the joystick work? If so than you should be good. On mine you can map the buttons. You should be able to do that too. Open software and you will see that you can too I expect.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2020, 22:26

I just looked. Profile button, can be changed to profile and MODES. Which is seating options. Etc. That should get it working.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 29 Sep 2020, 22:31

which buttons - i mean the joystick dosnt have those buttons -

the JS works fine - it runs - i just cant lift my seat or tilt or change profiles etc, - the side buttons around the frame - 2 each side - only one i was able to push hard enough and it showed the screen to change the clock distance etc,

the others i push them but nothing happens

the functions were used by the 5 button external box they install for all the functions - i figure those side buttons would give me the option to change the modes and profiles - operate the lift etc, but they dont

not sure what they do on any of the new JS
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2020, 23:11

OK.

PERMOBILS VERSION
Cheaper, less buttons, may need special firmware and/or programmer. May need the extra buttons that get in the way mounted on the arm.
Smaller screen and less bright like a normal LCD and more plasticy surround, less buttons look close! Some of this may not be accurate I never saw one in person. Just looking online at pics.
s-l1600lll.jpg

GENERIC VERSION AS USED BY ALL OTHER MANUFACTURERS. Some permobils do have this one too. All functions work without the added bar of buttons. But you can use that too.

r-net_cjsm2-new_system_angle.jpg

It MAY be possible by holding another button for 4 seconds. Or the paddles for 4 seconds. On the permobil one. I am guessing as I dont have one. If that doesent work then you do need the extra row of controls. Which is why I avoid custom stuff from permobil.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 29 Sep 2020, 23:16

i put back my original - if i know for sure what i can try - i can connect it again without mounting to the arm - and see if it can work - i dont want to mess it up and then the original dont work - if anything - i install the file again from original settings to get it working -

or i can just try to sell it on ebay - my favorite place :) and forget about it - but it does work - and if on a permobil with the external buttons - i am sure it will work fine that way - - or i have to add those buttons on my chair which i dont want to do - but i would if i had the unit with the buttons - if i knew it worked

all i have is seat lift and tilt - need two power functions only - do they even make a two function external box to plug it in under the JS with the Jack ?
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2020, 23:20

Dunno. How do you change profile? Must need 3 buttons?

Those things garantee that you cannot hold the joystick correctly. So need their drunken sailor pudding stirrer programming. A self fullfiling prophecy.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 29 Sep 2020, 23:23

have no idea - i though the side buttons on the JS were where you change the profiles or other functions - but i guess its not -

best to only use the Real one - Generic with mode and profile buttons between the toggle switches -

looking at the Generic one - it shows those buttons are for lights - the top left is system which was the only button that worked - so i am guessing you have to use the external switch to get modes profiles and functions
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 29 Sep 2020, 23:42

I dont remember well but I think I set the hazard light button to do OBP or something. So they can do multiple things. Press and wait. Cant remember. Theres actually a JOYSTIC menu that changes some settings that are not in the programming software too. Like calibration and other stuff. So its likely possible but as it stands I suspect its set up to use some buttons for seating and another for mode/profile.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 29 Sep 2020, 23:45

nothing happened when i pressed the buttons - only the top left button - took me into the date time distance menu - maybe i can check it again and see if theres another option there for profiles to change - and modes but i bet like you say - it was set up for the external buttons

i dont even think there are profiles there - maybe just one thats used - the user - she dosnt know never changed them i dont think - have to ask her -
expresso

Postby expresso » 01 Oct 2020, 01:42

i figured it out - it does work - i can use it and dont need anything else to make it work my functions

heres the difference between the Generic and cheap permobil

huge difference in screen size -

the only button on the side that does anything is top left - goes in the menu - the rest are for lights etc, - i dont have

i can change profiles and modes - it works - i will just tape around the edges to hold down the rubber overlay -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 01 Oct 2020, 01:48

Makes you wonder how many dollars that permobil actually save from a small screen and the cost of losing a couple of buttons doesent it... Thats especially made for permobil to save a few dollars. A cut down version. The screen isnt as bright and colourful either, according to what I was told by someone on here. Making it less good outdoors as its harder to see. Not seen the cheap one myself but am told the casing is plastic instead of a metal cast part too. It it?

They do a similar thing with their gyro modules on front drive chairs. A permobil only thing that is less good than the generic R-Net with their own firmware etc. Same with seating and lighting modules.

Dont buy permobil seems wise to me. I did see one with a R-Net generic though in the UK. And I actually have a Permobil one here with a big screen/buttons myself. So maybe only in the US for that cheape one?

Pleased you figured it out though.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Oct 2020, 01:56

yeah me too - glad its working - i can install that one for now - save the good New one for next chair if i ever get it - and save original one as backup - that one you really cant see nothing outside -

i was told by the experts to the other experts vendor that i cant get that JS on the quickie chair dosnt work - i know thats bull shit

the only reason they say that is - its not on the order form - which is Sunrise fault for not adding it there - they have it on the other order forms for there MWD chairs and black tires etc, but not on the RWD chairs 636 646 -

so when i asked for it - they all go quiet and try to figure out what to say - vendor called the expert while i was there to find out - and thats what expert told the other expert - these are people doing this for 20 years -

they just repeat what they are told - from an expert who dosnt know any more than i do - so if i get my new chair - i still wont get the new JS and i know i can - and i can get black tires but i wont get those either -
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 01 Oct 2020, 02:09

Trust me 99% of the "experts" are idiots. They dont know AS MUCH as you do.

ALL r-net genuine parts are compatible. (Only a few one off permobil parts are not. That does not include power modules -- tested here -- or joysticks as we just discovered with you.) So when they say you cant mix and match this or that part you absolutely can.

On my salsa for e.g. there was no fancy advanced bright colour joystick on the prescription/order form. Theres was no power centre footrest either. And no black paint. And there was no 8mph option (possible but I didnt want that). Or 120A power module. (I think?) either. ALL these things were possible because in the EU and UK they do a special option called "build for me" which is custom stuff not on the normal order form. It adds a few days to the build. It was still ordered and shipped to me in a month. Although Rover says 6 weeks is the normal time.

So if they can do it here, same company. They can do it there too! Its just a matter of willpower and idiots.

Take a look.
https://www.sunrisemedical.co.uk/built4me
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Oct 2020, 02:19

they can do built for me also here - i done that once years ago after fighting - all i needed was a little bracket to offset the JS mount on the pilot at the time -

first it adds to the cost - $500 for this little bracket - rip off - then insurance and then the willness of the vendor

the biggest thing is - the Vendor - they just want to go down the line on the order form and insurance - so if its not on the order form - then they have to work more to do it - and they dont want to - so makeup reasons which dont exist - its not true - but if i get the chair approved after i go to court - i will ask again to get that one - instead - what i hate is that the cost is the same also - if i get approved for the other JS - the cost is the same for newer version also - its just not on the order form - i dont care about the tires - i already have a set black waiting for the new chair - but the JS i would like to get with the chair - so its covered in the future -
expresso

Postby snaker » 01 Oct 2020, 03:20

@expresso: Can you give me the ebay link where you bought the cable. I need VR2 connector kits, hopping they sell them too.
snaker

Postby expresso » 01 Oct 2020, 03:22

https://www.ebay.com/usr/mdmobility-parts

this guy was nice - ask them -

i recently got a VR2 JS for a friend here also - not this guy but on ebay - they have those cables i seen them often
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 01 Oct 2020, 03:49

they can do built for me also here - i done that once years ago after fighting - all i needed was a little bracket to offset the JS mount on the pilot at the time -

first it adds to the cost - $500 for this little bracket - rip off - then insurance and then the willness of the vendor

the biggest thing is - the Vendor - they just want to go down the line on the order form and insurance - so if its not on the order form - then they have to work more to do it - and they dont want to - so makeup reasons which dont exist - its not true - but if i get the chair approved after i go to court - i will ask again to get that one - instead - what i hate is that the cost is the same also - if i get approved for the other JS - the cost is the same for newer version also - its just not on the order form - i dont care about the tires - i already have a set black waiting for the new chair - but the JS i would like to get with the chair - so its covered in the future -

Do you know what the actual difference is?

In the US you have a non free market (anti capitalist) system that involves insurance, rules, medical device approval, etc etc. A totally non free market system.
In the UK I am the paying customer. As such the dealer supplying me the chair has to please ME. Just like the one selling a car or a sofa. He has to look after my interests. He has to compete on price, as well as service. I am the one wandering around with the cash. So I can call 10 dealers. Ask for a best price on a chair to MY spec. And to my ideals. In my case, no assessements, no warranty, other than parts (I fix, they supply) and so order and supply only. That way I get many different prices and choose the lowest. So I end up with that black Salsa, with all the best options on the order form ticked, inc stuff thats not on the form, e.g 4 pole, 120A controller, advanced colour joystick, custom black paint, custom centre power footrest, custom controller/joystick option. With 10A charger, grp24 batts, wider gel P shaped Jay arms, tilt, lift, 5 degrees dump, power recline, power lift, and already mentioned power legs. Delivered, 4 weeks, around £6.5K ($7.5K). That is the difference. Free market. They work for me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Oct 2020, 03:54

Right ur paying and making ur own order. We can't do that. The vender can do it so. It depends if they want to some just dont have a clue how to do it some may not want to do it would mean spending time to figure how to adding a part. Billing etc so they just say it dosnt work. But he called the so called expert and expert said it didn't work but it does he's wrong. Now I didn't hear what he said I was just there. It was not on speaker phone. I will ask again. Once it gets goin.
expresso

Postby Burgerman » 01 Oct 2020, 04:03

But thats the point.

Right ur paying and making ur own order. We can't do that.

Your system is not a free market driven system. So you all get to pay twice as much for the same medical care. Instead of YOU spending your money on a powerchair. You let the insurer do that. 70K PERMOBILS? :lol: But who do you think pays that 70K + shareholders and insurers, and dealers and assessors, and providors, and manufacturers profit? You all do. Via your insurance. Even if they only pay half of that. Still way overpriced and no user choices. And not just on chairs but on everything. And it also removes your own options and choices. Exactly like a socialised system, but with capitalist profits, distorted horribly because of a non free market! The worst of all solutions.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 01 Oct 2020, 04:07

It's a racket DME dealers all make a ton of profit. Anything medical is 10x the cost of same item non medical lable. In the end it may cost them 17k. But I am sure they charge insurance the retail cost. Or maybe less either way. Retail is a bit extreme for these things.
expresso

Postby snaker » 01 Oct 2020, 08:41

expresso wrote:https://www.ebay.com/usr/mdmobility-parts

i recently got a VR2 JS for a friend here also - not this guy but on ebay - they have those cables i seen them often

I sent him a message about buying vr2 connectors. I never thought buying a connector is so difficult, actually impossible.
snaker

Postby rover220 » 01 Oct 2020, 10:04

snaker wrote:
expresso wrote:https://www.ebay.com/usr/mdmobility-parts

I sent him a message about buying vr2 connectors. I never thought buying a connector is so difficult, actually impossible.

I have 1 motor connection kit available but its a high power one so needs thicker wires. Can send a pic if you provide an email or whatsapp
rover220

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Powerchair