What was your experience ordering parts from PGDT

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

What was your experience ordering parts from PGDT

Postby skylarjoehill.h » 19 May 2019, 21:20

PG says that I would have to contact their distributor, New Solutions. http://www.newsolutions1.com/
skylarjoehill.h

Re: What was your experience ordering parts from PGDT

Postby Burgerman » 19 May 2019, 22:28

Never heard of them.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby skylarjoehill.h » 19 May 2019, 22:38

Is it possible to set up an account with PG (Curtiss-Wright) to order directly from PG instead of the distributor?
skylarjoehill.h

Postby Burgerman » 19 May 2019, 22:42

I did that in 97, because I wanted OEM programmers, power modules etc. Because I was building/modifying chairs. Not really an account 'on purpose' as such but records going back a long time. I give them my name, postcode and they know who I am. In fact the same names answer the phone as 22 years back!

I think that if you are just working on a stock manufacturers chair they may not sell to you. Dunno. Because that never happened to me. They are not set up to sell retail. As in you gotta know what you want, why, and order the right parts. Power modules for e.g. may all look the same but there are many part numbers. The one you buy from your chair manufacturer is set up for a specific chair. And a specific motor. So it works off the shelf. There may be 6 different 120R-Net power modules for e.g used on a sunrise chair.

2 and 4 pole motors have different motor compensation settings.
4, 6, 8 mph variants have different default programming.
Same chairs may have a module programmed for lights, seating lift, tilt, recline, or centre foortest or it may not have those features. All those power modules LOOK the same. But are programmed differently and sat on manufacturers shelves with different part numbers... This is what they do. Supply manufacturers. Normally.

Which are you going to order? You can also buy a generic unprogrammed one, or rather random one that YOU configure. Cheaper direct. Who will you complein to when it goes out of control of burns out your motor brakes? This is why they dont normally sell to the public. Although an IOM for e.g for aftermarket controls may well be very different from a power module or joystick. What manufacturers start up logo will your joystick have for e.g.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby steves1977uk » 19 May 2019, 23:03

I've always sent stuff to PGDT for repair and bought spares from them since the early 1990's, never had a problem! They have always been very helpful every time. :thumbup:

Steve
steves1977uk

Postby skylarjoehill.h » 20 May 2019, 02:25

Is there anyone I should contact at PG who can help?
skylarjoehill.h

Postby Burgerman » 20 May 2019, 06:41

Small business, I just ask for whatever department I am looking for. Parts, repairs, sales, etc. They usually request an order, and payment. Stuff thats not often ordered like IOM takes forever. Like around a month to build to order and ship. Other stuff can be here in 3 or 4 days. But they generally expect you to be knowlegable and know what you want rather than be ringing up every 10 mins with questions or advice. And then as steve says, very helpful. If they think you are a normal end user in a chair, they will refer you to the chairs manufacturer, or a retail dealer.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair