Best side pouch? Spring-loaded?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Best side pouch? Spring-loaded?

Postby kendradog » 10 Jun 2019, 04:41

What’s the best side pouch for a power chair?

There used to a company called Creations In Space that made spring loaded walker bags which could be mounted on the armrest of the power chair. Because their bags were spring loaded, they could be opened and closed one-handed easily. Unfortunately that company stopped making the products.
kendradog

Re: Best side pouch? Spring-loaded?

Postby Burgerman » 10 Jun 2019, 13:35

I think that most chair manufacturers go out of their way to make a chair narrow. For doorways etc. And a side bag kind of makes it wider. So not too popular.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby flagman1776 » 10 Jun 2019, 15:09

Sadly, the http://www.creationsinspace.com web address appears to be dead. I'd think a side bag would need to tuck under the armrest so as to not get caught on things. My first thought is a small elastic cord through the sides of the top, would allow a hand to push through but close behind.
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby ex-Gooserider » 10 Jun 2019, 23:59

There is a US company called Diestco http://www.diestco.com/ that which does all sorts of bags and other accessories for chairs.... (including things like those rain canopy tops and other odd things... The stuff of theirs I've seen seemed pretty well built and prices were reasonable...

Personally I just did a DIY conversion of a heavy duty carpenter's tool pouch system to fit the arm of my chair - needs some more work but is OK as it is now, and I am sure it will last just about forever....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Everything Powerchair