! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Postby wisjerry » 05 Jul 2019, 01:42

Is this a joke? I can get NO info about making this chair. I NEED HELP. Why cant I find it. Can I get help or not from this sight??????
wisjerry

Re: ! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Postby flagman1776 » 05 Jul 2019, 02:35

NO, it's not a joke. It is a hand built wheel chair... actually a series of these chairs hat the funder of this site built for his own use. He (bergerman) does not sell them. He rebuilds and refurbishees his old ones. Several tallented members have built clones with varying degrees of success. You must see, and bergerman will tell you, that you might not like what he built to suit his needs.

A member here, Tom Kilmore, does build a clone. He sells them as http://www.thepowerchaircompany.co.uk They are usually built to order but Tom recently posted he had a chair available to buy.

There are lots of others doing custom wheelchairs, adaptations and converting there standard chairs to LiFePO4 (the best cells for our use).
no longer able to use my TravelScoots
flagman1776

Postby flagman1776 » 05 Jul 2019, 02:38

The link to the Tom Kilmore built chair viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8941
flagman1776

Postby flagman1776 » 05 Jul 2019, 16:33

Because bergerman's chairs are/were hand made, there are no blueprints. He used rough sketches and "cut and try". Some things like the specific LiFePO4 cells have changed as newer an improved cells have become available.

Other members here have built their own chairs. One build is under way now. WilliamClark, a highly skilled machinist, with a shop at his disposal, is building his third chair. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8845

Building a complete chair is a big project. Doing a Lithium (LiFePO4) add on pack is quite doable. Doing a LiFePO4 conversion is quite doable. There are people here who will help you. But you have to be willing and able to learn how to. You might get others to help you, to act as your hands but you must understand yourself.
flagman1776

Postby Williamclark77 » 05 Jul 2019, 22:36

wisjerry wrote:Is this a joke? I can get NO info about making this chair. I NEED HELP. Why cant I find it. Can I get help or not from this sight??????

All of the info is here. It's not a project to take lightly. It's far more complicated than it looks. It's what you have to do though if you want something that'll work FOR YOU.
WcMade.com - Get nearly anything you need made
Williamclark77

Postby Burgerman » 05 Jul 2019, 23:46

If looking for an ABC type set of instructions and measurements, drawings, then you wont find it. That said theres been plenty of people that have understood everything, gone away and built a loose clone that suits THEM. And others like will that took a bit if info on what was here and went off and built his own chair to suit HIM. Theres been many variations over the years.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair