PSU Voltage 24v ?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Re: PSU Voltage 24v ?

Postby LROBBINS » 08 Jul 2019, 15:32

The company that made the supplies that Shirley has found for us ran afoul of U.S. sanctions on Iran, and for a while were almost forced into bankruptcy before reaching a "compromise". I think that a lot of containers full of telecom gear ended up not being sent so were sold off at pennies on the pound.
LROBBINS

Postby Irving » 08 Jul 2019, 15:51

Shirley, are there any more available, modded if possible?
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby ex-Gooserider » 09 Jul 2019, 02:47

From the photos, the unit Snaker linked to is ONLY 220VAC input, so not suited for US 110V power.... The label photos show a setting for 110V ONLY but that doesn't seem to be on offer from that advertisement (might be in other adds / vendors)

They also had three different models - one adjustable from 10-30VDC / 30A (adjustment made w/ screwdriver, basically set a single voltage of your choice and leave it), one 24VDC / 63A, and one 30V / 50A per the English labels.... Interestingly, the label says they are made in Korea (which one?) not China...

I didn't see anything that looked like a UL or CE approval label, so they might be questionable for use in the US (UL is not specifically required by LAW, but most insurance companies will get very nasty if there is a claim attributed to a non-UL listed device...)

From the outside they look like basic 'shoebox' supplies with a case, but probably not 'Telco' grade like the ZDX.... They seem like quite reasonable for driving a PL8, if that is all one wants to do... The price seems pretty good for what they are, but remember that does not include shipping...

The ZDX is probably higher build quality, and is amazing for size and power for the price... MY unit seems to show more noise on it than I'd be OK with for precision electronics w/o adding a lot of filtering - but fine for anything that doesn't get upset by noise.... (I may also try taking it back apart and moving the power wiring around to see if that helps with the noise....)

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Previous

Return to Everything Powerchair