XLR to R-NET Adapter?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

XLR to R-NET Adapter?

Postby mkeguy106 » 16 Jul 2019, 17:42

Is there such thing as a XLR to R-NET adapter?

Specifically, I'm trying to figure out if I could somehow power this from an r-net connection:
https://www.amazon.com/FastCharge-Adaptor-Mobility-Scooters-powerchairs/dp/B07Q6259GF/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=cheelcare+fastcharge&qid=1563294733&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I know you can get one with an r-net connection, however it doesn't appear to have the "Quick Charge" like the first one.
https://www.amazon.com/R-NET-USB-Adaptor-Power-Wheelchair/dp/B07MGZ8VR7/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=cheelcare+r-net&qid=1563294825&s=gateway&sr=8-1
mkeguy106

Re: XLR to R-NET Adapter?

Postby Burgerman » 16 Jul 2019, 19:13

Thats because the 2nd one does not have USB-C. Some USB 3 adapters do 3A.

The first one will work on both systems. You may need to connect to the battery or butcher a bus cable. And solder it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby shirley_hkg » 17 Jul 2019, 00:41

Burgerman wrote:The first one will work on both systems. .

But that's a ridiculous price @US $52 for a USB
module .
shirley_hkg

Postby eugenech » 19 Jul 2019, 19:48

Hi mkeguy106,

Please contact me and we can make you any adapter ( USB-C, QC3.0) with connection to R-Net.

Eugene
eugenech

Postby ex-Gooserider » 23 Jul 2019, 04:57

Breaking the things down - we have

1. A USB module on one end of the cable - takes 24V in, lots of different styles / types available on Amazon / Ebay / Ali Baba, etc... Only challenge is finding one that is happy w/ 24V power, many are only designed to deal w/ 12V.... The connectors on the module are a function of the module, not anything that powers it.

2. A bracket for mounting - again lots of choices - many modules will come w/ brackets, especially those intended for motorcycles, boats, etc.

3. An XLR or R-Net plug - they are both doing the SAME thing, namely connecting to the chair's 24V battery system, just at different places...

4. An extremely high price for putting them all together.... (Though probably less than what a chair maker would charge for the something less capable....)

I don't know the exact pinout of an R-net plug, or where one could get just the plug, (I haven't looked) but the module is just connecting to the two wires in the R-net cable that power everything else in an R-net system other than the main power module... One could just as easily put a couple of terminals on the ends of the power lead (hopefully w/ a fuse) and connect directly to the batteries or anywhere else that's convenient....

The only part that is really critical is getting a USB module with the functions you want, the rest is just basic wiring... I haven't shopped for a module recently but I'd be surprised if cost for a relatively fancy one was more than about USD $10

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Everything Powerchair