TDX SP2 NB power centre footplate

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

TDX SP2 NB power centre footplate

Postby iainsherriff » 07 Sep 2019, 12:48

I want to make a power centre footrest for Matt's new chair.

As above.

Does anyone on here have a chair with this that can tell me the actuator spec ?

Does anyone have any used components of this ?

Thanks
Matt (son) is chair user.
MS fairly advanced
Invacare TDX SP2 NB
TGA S4 for dog/kid walking
iainsherriff

Re: TDX SP2 NB power centre footplate

Postby LROBBINS » 07 Sep 2019, 14:40

If you can't get a spec for the one that's on that chair, we can probably help you find a suitable one with some basic information. Length open and closed, diameter of the pivot pins, maximum weight expected on the footplate when up and when down, time from fully retracted to fully extended, do you want it to have built-in limit switches, and, if so, do they need to be adjustable. It doesn't eyeball as a particularly hefty unit so the one I used for tilt on Rachi's current chair would probably do the job - it's a MecVel ALI1-F/0100/M03/24/M0/C02/P1/A1 (which translates as: adjustable limit switches/100 mm stroke/high torque motor&gears/24V/right side motor/with diodes/standard attachments/eyelet at front. It's 1200 N max force and 15 mm/sec maximum speed. MecVel is made in Bologna, so for me local. Somewhat pricey, but decent industrial construction.

There are lots and lots on Alibaba, but you'd probably need to do a request for quotation. It's not the sort of item that AliExpress is particularly suited for.
LROBBINS

Postby Irving » 07 Sep 2019, 16:45

I'd imagine the actuators for standard leg-rests could be re-purposed for this. The ones for the Puma centre footrest are remarkably similar to those for the standard ones. I plan to create my own centre footrest with a lightweight splitting foot 'bucket' to allow it to go either side of a central table leg.
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby iainsherriff » 07 Sep 2019, 18:08

Thanks both :)

I'm just being lazy ! "Chicken and egg", I either do the fabrication first then find an actuator to suit or start with an actuator that is "right" ..............
I'll do a wood mock up first anyway so will be easy enough to work out.

This is for Matt's new WCS TDX. We tried for funded power rests but all we got was the manual adjust.
I have previously been chasing them over the lack of PWB and have got to an inactive CCG load of tossers.
BUT we started with "Oh, no you mustn't modify it in any way", then moved to "well, I suppose we could accept a retro fitted Official part", to "well, a second hand part if fitted be our maintenance agent"
then finally (after they has checked out the stairlift and multitude of ceiling hoists I have made/altered/fitted) to "OK, you can fit a unit as long as it is bolt on and not welded"

(The WCS staff accept that the CCG is at fault but they are not able to make any difference, in fact they asked me to pile pressure on to facilitate movement :ak47

But. Matt has what he needs for now at least !
Matt (son) is chair user.
MS fairly advanced
Invacare TDX SP2 NB
TGA S4 for dog/kid walking
iainsherriff

Postby Burgerman » 07 Sep 2019, 18:52

Fun story.

The first powerchair chair they funded for me in 97, after much argument, where I ignored them, bought an 6mph F55S and then billed them. They delivered it (technically, as I already had it) and turned up with forms to sign. Just as I was sawing off the swingaway footrest mounts. They were running around like headless chickens. Telling me how I couldnt do that... They were wrong, and I carried on. They had someone write some disclaimer that they made me sign. OK... They were in full panic mode! 18 months later, I wanted OPTIMA batteries. So they ask me where to order them. I gave them a link to my own website (I used to sell them). So they bought them online. Then expected me to deliver these to them. But obviously I already had them. They were very surprised to find that they had just paid me! They had bought me some new batteries from me... I like to have fun with them. :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair