I won!

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

I won!

Postby Burgerman » 09 Sep 2019, 17:07

Just had a word with my district nurse a few days ago. I asked her if she can get me this:
https://www.johnpreston.co.uk/dyna-form ... k-mattress

Its not just an air matress, its also usable with air off. So it works both ways. No alternating below the head area, and its 48 inches wide to match my wider bed. Firm edges so I can transfer without sinking... I called. They assure me its all but silent.

She says she is reccomending it and will be ordering it all being well when presented at a ccg panel. Which she says is a formality, rubber stamping. Whoohoo! :clap

Sometimes the NHS amazes me in how simple it can be. One call, a quick visit and all boxes ticked. 2 days. On the other hand... They can be hopeless and refuse do anything. And take many months to do that... :argument

I hope it bends enough to work on my leccy bed!
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: I won!

Postby Burgerman » 09 Sep 2019, 17:18

10 watts. 365 days a year for 12 hours at a time, is 43800 watt hours per year. So 44kwh x 15 pence per kwh... Is erm... 6 pounds 60 pence per year to run. :ugeek:

So thats cheap! :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Irving » 09 Sep 2019, 18:58

my DN got mine delivered next day.... as you say, sometimes you just have to ask...
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Postby Burgerman » 09 Sep 2019, 19:25

I ask for a replcement matress invacare 3/4 bed 48 inch wide one 4 months back. From a different NHS department. Zero action. Excuses include wecant supply matress for prvate owned 48 inch wide bed. We cant supply as non in stock. No longer made. (it is). Etc etc. Home loans dept. Same place as WCS...

Called district nurse, for a 4x the price air one, 2 days and sorted. czy
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 01 Oct 2019, 06:56

I'm having a bit of a stupid one right now...

I have a self propel rolling shower commode chair that I got when I was first injured back in 2010... I also have a manual chair that I got at about the same time... Both need some repairs, the shower chair probably more so... I could do it myself, but insurance will only cover the parts if I go through a DME and have them send out a tech to install them... (of course us poor pathetic handicapped people couldn't possibly do it ourselves... :cussing )

Just got word - they will fix the manual chair, no problems...

They won't fix the same age shower chair - to old...

But they will probably pay for a NEW replacement (I'm not complaining) but only after I have a PT evaluation.... I guess they are hoping I had a miracle cure....

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Postby Burgerman » 01 Oct 2019, 08:00

Well its still a win even after their new time and money wasting assessement. We get that all the time. Mountains of assessements and groups of OTs, physios, finantial assessements, reports, panels, etc. It doubles the costs of everything.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 08 Oct 2019, 05:22

True, but it means having to live w/ the current chair for a lot longer while waiting for the paperwork to grind through, then ordering, shipping, etc...

The upholstery that is soaking up water in the shower and then dripping it on the floor elsewhere I can live with... The only marginally functional brakes are tolerable... The really annoying thing is the front caster that doesn't want to pivot so it is a constant battle to get the chair to go where I want it to...

I'm probably going to end up with the same model Invacare Mariner, which is tolerable enough that I won't fight about it. Bright side is that the stock Mariner is horrible for traveling as it folds, but otherwise stays huge... If I have a spare, I can probably make it into something that breaks down enough to make travel a bit less painful (detach the wheels, make the back detach, etc.) even if not as nice as the 'designed for travel' models...

ex-Gooserider

Burgerman wrote:Well its still a win even after their new time and money wasting assessement. We get that all the time. Mountains of assessements and groups of OTs, physios, finantial assessements, reports, panels, etc. It doubles the costs of everything.
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Everything Powerchair