Invacare Storm [NA version]

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Invacare Storm [NA version]

Postby Swan T.W. » 23 Sep 2019, 17:54

Invacare sells the Rovi[mwd] with R-Net, the TDX[mwd] with LINXS[DX] and the Storm[rwd] with MK6i electonics. If one could get a new Storm base with out the MK6i[DX] electronics would it be possible to change to one of the other systems?
Swan T.W.

Re: Invacare Storm [NA version]

Postby Burgerman » 23 Sep 2019, 19:17

Yes.

Run away from LINX :fencing

A chair is simply a chassis and 2 motors.

Any controller system can be fitted. At the moment the R-Net system is
a) the most common.
b) the most flexible.
c) the most adjustable and programmable with the most external and useful modules and options.
d) the one we can find (at great expence) programmers for. Which frankly is absolutely essential for anyone with any clue.
e) has a 120A power module available. So thats the one to go for.

So right now our choices are limited. Have a read: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8857
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Swan T.W. » 23 Sep 2019, 20:36

Thanks. I would prefer the second joystick. How much of the wiring would need to be replaced.Right back to the motors?
Swan T.W.

Postby Burgerman » 23 Sep 2019, 21:03

It all depends.

The problem is that the connectors used on various motors may be different. All the various PG ones fit. If your motors have something different you will need to replace the plugs, or maybe splice the cables or whatever is needed I usually 'splice' with a set of andersons... Then any motor can fit any controller. You obviously need to set motor compensation, direction, brake voltage, at the very minimum in programming.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Swan T.W. » 23 Sep 2019, 21:10

How about using the existing loom right up to contoller and a six channel seating module.
Swan T.W.

Postby Burgerman » 23 Sep 2019, 22:33

That depends on what seating, and what wiring the seating already has. But you can cut the existing connectors off, and fit simple 6.3mm automotive type connectors as they will fit the r-net if your existing plugs dont. Then program each channel 1 at a time. Which is actually easier than it sounds.

ISM6 is marked in channels. 1, 2, 3 etc.
Each channel is 2 wires. Those go to each function, say recline. So connect the actuator to channel 1m open the programmer, and in the vaious channels in ISM, set one to ACTIVE. And then set its direction. Then set max amps, end stop type (auto detect), and set the display image (recline) etc.

Then go to say footrest or riser and do the same on channel 2...

And the same for each actuator in turn.

You then choose the function, image part to highlight, type the name (eject? :clap god i'm funny!) for e,g, and its all pretty simple really. Once you figured it out. Its easier to start from scratch like this than to try and figure out what some other guy did...

here:
Attachments
Axessetup.gif
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ex-Gooserider » 01 Oct 2019, 05:33

FWIW, I switched my current project Ranger-X from its original Mk-IV system to a 100A Pilot+....

I had to redo the feed from the Anderson SB-50 plug on the frame that the battery boxes mate with, and the the wiring between the motor connectors on the power module and the 4-shell Anderson PP-15/30/45 plugs on the motors. Obviously I had to replace the wiring between the Pilot joystick pod and the power module (one cable).

The chair had a separate joystick control for the seating functions working through the same vintage box, I binned all of that and replaced w/ hard wired DPDT momentary switches for each actuator. If I wanted to, I could have used a Pilot+ ILM module, but I don't want my joystick to do anything but drive the chair...

ex-Gooserider
T-5, ASIA-B
Jazzy 1100
Jazzy Select 6
Quickie Q-7
Invacare Mariner
Want to make / get a better chair, ideally one that stands.
ex-Gooserider

Return to Everything Powerchair