Pride Quantum Rival Error 58

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Pride Quantum Rival Error 58

Postby expresso » 12 Nov 2019, 23:41

A friend received this Error on her Joystick - Error 58 its a Rival Quantum - brand new chair - used maybe 6 times at most -

any suggestions ?

thanks
Attachments
IMG_8252.jpg
Quickie P222se - 60Ah ADD ON
Quickie S646se - 150Ah LifePo4
Quickie P220 - Indoor Chair
Bounder Plus - 180Ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Pride Quantum Rival Error 58

Postby Burgerman » 13 Nov 2019, 00:06

Is that QLogic3?

In the qlogic error codes, which may not apply to that one,

Q-Logic Technical ManualV.
DIAGNOSTICS AND TROUBLESHOOTINGERROR CODE SOLUTION DIAGNOSIS EEPROM Fault:
CRCof profile section is incorrect Data in the non volatile memory is incorrect. Replace module.

If it was me I would pull the motor plugs out in turn, and stick my meter on the main 2 terminals, and you should see VERY low resistance. Or brush or brush holder or motor burnt fault. Rotate motor slowly with brake off, and resistance should stay LOW but vary a little. If thats all good, then test the two smaller brake wires. Anywhere from around 15 ohms to 50 ohms OK. If its higher, make sure left and right are the same, and not that much higher. If its open cicuit or high resistance, like in the hundreds or thousands, then it may be that the brake is burned. Bad connection. Or the freewheel microswitch has failed or the wiring has become corroded or loose.

Check battery charged (12.8V or better) and check all connections, and trips, are not loose. After that, you are left with possible seating or module errors. But those normally result in a working but slow chair.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Pride Quantum Rival Error 58

Postby expresso » 13 Nov 2019, 00:27

not sure i can do that for her - or when i can - thanks -

i am not that techy and not sure what i am checking excatly - i wont be able to do it - would have to explain it to her for her to do
Quickie P222se - 60Ah ADD ON
Quickie S646se - 150Ah LifePo4
Quickie P220 - Indoor Chair
Bounder Plus - 180Ah LifePo4
expresso

Return to Everything Powerchair