Anyone from Poland with R-net dongle?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Anyone from Poland with R-net dongle?

Postby loky » 11 Feb 2020, 13:52

I'm sorry if I'm violating forum rules.
I bought second hand Permobil F3 just to find out that it is programed to to be operated by attendant from behind the back of the chair - long story short, it's 1,7 mph instead 6 mph... I need to set it back to its stock settings. Is there anyone here from Poland who has the dongle?
loky

Re: Anyone from Poland with R-net dongle?

Postby Burgerman » 11 Feb 2020, 14:12

No issue with rules. But theres few from poland and I would not expect anyone close to you with a dongle. You might need to look at buying one.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby loky » 11 Feb 2020, 14:26

No way I could afford it now, the price of f3 + price of shipping it from US drained all my savings.
loky

Postby Burgerman » 11 Feb 2020, 14:40

You SHOULD find that the extra joystick uses its own profile. And usually that profile is the default one or only one used or set to "grab focus" in programming. Often when used to switch on the system. The stock joystick should allow you to select profiles, including a faster one if used to switch on the system.

So you might not need to reprogram if only interested in speed unless someone has made a few changes...

If you cant switch on via stock driving joystick and swap profiles. Try unplugging the attendant joystick. And then swapping profiles.

If that doesent work then you will need a programmer. And an OEM one preferably. If only to make the damned thing drive properly. But being a front drive with permobils own stability/gyro module you will never be able to sort that out anyway.

But as I keep repeating, I would NEVER even consider buying any chair that I couldnt also buy or aquire, or use an OEM level programmer for. Because it effectively makes the chair useless to me. I buy the programmer FIRST. And in the case of permobil with their own branded custom solutions and programmers etc I wouldnt buy one at all. But nobody listens... banghead
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby loky » 11 Feb 2020, 15:24

There is no extra joystick, just the main joystick that was mounted at the back. It's possible that it was the chair operated with the chin or other 'no joystick' way because there is Omni device with it and a headrest that one can strap his head to.
There are only 2 profiles: indor and normal. Programs have numbers: 3 - omni prp indoor and 4 - omni prp normal, so 1 and 2 is missing.
loky

Postby loky » 11 Feb 2020, 15:36

So, maybe my joystick is connected to extra joystick plug instead as a main?? I'm on it
loky

Postby loky » 11 Feb 2020, 15:58

It's connected as main :evil:
loky

Postby Burgerman » 11 Feb 2020, 19:51

Its likely configured so that the main joystick, only sees the slow profiles because it was used as an attendant joystick. The OMNI device may see other profiles, and allow other speeds if it was configured as the main control device for the user.

Again you will need a programmer. Preferably OEM. But its permobil so even that may be complicated ...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 11 Feb 2020, 20:09

no doubt about it, you will need a programmer for this.
rover220

Postby loky » 11 Feb 2020, 22:36

Burgerman wrote:The OMNI device may see other profiles, and allow other speeds if it was configured as the main control device for the user.

About that... I promised to sell the omni for a small price to the guy who damaged the one he had on his meyra optimus and I have sent it to him today morning without checking first how fast my f3 is with it being installed. I'm a :cussing :cussing :cussing idiot.
loky

Postby rover220 » 11 Feb 2020, 22:48

loky wrote:
Burgerman wrote:The OMNI device may see other profiles, and allow other speeds if it was configured as the main control device for the user.

About that... I promised to sell the omni for a small price to the guy who damaged the one he had on his meyra optimus and I have sent it to him today morning without checking first how fast my f3 is with it being installed. I'm a :cussing :cussing :cussing idiot.

Omni on its own would be no good anyway, you need an input to connect to it to drive.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 11 Feb 2020, 23:38

The other option would be a stock programmed f3 120A power module from ebay, usually uk or us and plug and play. And then sell yours as "will need programming".

I bought 3x 120 modues. One was from an F3 and was very cheap. Or post it to someone with access to an f3 profile, and a programmer...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby loky » 12 Feb 2020, 00:10

Burgerman wrote:The other option would be a stock programmed f3 120A power module from ebay, usually uk or us and plug and play. And then sell yours as "will need programming".

I bought 3x 120 modues. One was from an F3 and was very cheap. Or post it to someone with access to an f3 profile, and a programmer...

I already thought about it and I asked the guy who also have f3 and the programer but he declined, he said it is no good idea because the chairs are differ.
I don't know how plug and play works in rnet modules. If I buy one on ebay how will it knows what sitting functions do I have in my f3?
loky

Postby expresso » 12 Feb 2020, 00:14

i believe this to be an original profile from new - on F3 Chair - it has all the functions - tilt power legs lift recline etc,

if you want to try it at your own risk - i have tried to program it a while back - it was tricky and somethings didnt work after - i just put back the original file an left it alone -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby loky » 12 Feb 2020, 00:23

Thank you, but I wouldn't know what to do with it. I just starting to learn - most probably needlessly, because I won't be able to buy the programmer considering ridiculously high prices of it.
loky

Postby expresso » 12 Feb 2020, 00:26

yes you need the dongle at the very least a dealer version - OEM is best but harder to find and cost more - your looking at $500 for OEM give or take - try ebay for dealer at least ?

or you can manually copy the settings if your Joystick allows OBP - where you can manually enter basic changes without the dongle
expresso

Postby loky » 12 Feb 2020, 00:30

expresso wrote:or you can manually copy the settings if your Joystick allows OBP - where you can manually enter basic changes without the dongle

How do I do that? I'm sorry for ignorance. It's 2018 chair, so I have the new joystick.
loky

Postby expresso » 12 Feb 2020, 00:33

I am not sure - i know there are some sort of key combination you push on the joystick which brings you into Programming mode - BUT only if its checked off in the settings to allow you to do it that way -

only way to know is if you try it once you know the keys to push - - if it dosnt allow you - its set to NO in the settings and you need a dongle to change that - on my chair - it came set to YES - i never done it that way - dont know the keys to push or in what order

maybe BM may know -
expresso

Postby loky » 12 Feb 2020, 00:37

expresso wrote:I am not sure - i know there are some sort of key combination you push on the joystick which brings you into Programming mode - BUT only if its checked off in the settings to allow you to do it that way -

only way to know is if you try it once you know the keys to push - - if it dosnt allow you - its set to NO in the settings and you need a dongle to change that - on my chair - it came set to YES - i never done it that way - dont know the keys to push or in what order

maybe BM may know -

Ok, thank you. If someone knows what is the combination, tell me please.
loky

Postby Burgerman » 12 Feb 2020, 01:13

Disabled on permobil.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby loky » 12 Feb 2020, 09:48

expresso wrote:try ebay for dealer at least ?

Are you certain that dealer version will do?
loky

Postby Burgerman » 12 Feb 2020, 11:23

It may. Or it probably will. You can use the OEM software with a dealer dongle. Theres a workaround. But the real problem is that many things are locked down, use permobil only hardware/firmware that the OEM software cannot configure. And sometimes cannot load onto the chair either. This is why you should avoid permobil. Because its now all guesswork. Permobil try to make it as hard as possible so you have to use them to sort out anything with their chairs. And they are not very good at it (understatement) by all the accounts on here.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby loky » 20 Feb 2020, 15:10

The problem is solved, I've bought the dongle.
loky

Postby Burgerman » 20 Feb 2020, 19:22

Good. You will need one anyway.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Everything Powerchair