Alber Adventure A10

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Alber Adventure A10

Postby Pierro » 15 Apr 2020, 12:12

Hi Guys,

i am considering buying an "Alber Adventure A10" (12 km/h version)

I would like to know which programmer or which software I can use to access the controller in order to make my own settings?

Does anyone of you have any information about this?

Thanks and regards, Pierro
My dream: drive a self-made power chair with a lot of power and high speed. For infinite range.
Pierro

Re: Alber Adventure A10

Postby Burgerman » 15 Apr 2020, 12:17

Only Albers own. I wish you luck! Thats why it never interested me.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 15 Apr 2020, 16:08

Programming is carried out via the joystick when a special key is inserted to activate programming mode.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 15 Apr 2020, 16:51

Let me guess, end users cant buy? Or at least only dumbed down version?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 15 Apr 2020, 18:44

Burgerman wrote:Let me guess, end users cant buy? Or at least only dumbed down version?

There is only one version and it's usually supplied with the manual for the chair.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 15 Apr 2020, 18:46

Then it will be a basic version. Somewhere unseen/unknown will be a tool that changes all the deeper non user settings. The question is, how well can it be programmed with the one you get with the chair (or the built in OBP)?
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Pierro » 16 Apr 2020, 07:34

Hi,
Thank you for your answers. With the magnetic key it is possible to make settings within a certain predetermined frame. But there has to be more possible. Hence my question.
My dream: drive a self-made power chair with a lot of power and high speed. For infinite range.
Pierro

Postby Burgerman » 16 Apr 2020, 08:46

Undoubtedly. But maybe some secret tool the manufacturer has or some PC software. And not likely that you will get access to that. We are not worthy.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Burgerman » 16 Apr 2020, 08:57

I personaly would never buy any chair or controller that I did not already, or could not obtain an OEM level or similar programmer for. Without that the chair is all but useless to me. So that is always a pre requisit. No programmer? No chair. And I do hope that the stupid manufacturers get this.

One of the few modern/currently avaialable systems we can still do that with, is R-Net. Even that is difficult, but there are ways. This matters to me so much that I have bought 3 complete R-Net top of range systems on here/eBay so that if the situation changes in the future I am good to go till I am dead and gone. 60 now, expect to live another 10 years approx.

If everyone did the same, and explained loudly WHY at every purchase, the stupid manufacturers would get it. Because those that DID NOT allow this would sell nothing. As it is they keep on doing the opposite and hiding the ESSENTIAL tools from the end users. We are the ones that know what we want and have the time to properly set the things up. Why? Because we are all too stupid apparently. Even though many on here already know much more than all the useless dealers that we have to suffer. Some of which are beyond useless. The rest are just hopeless! Theres maybe 1 in 100 that have a clue. The whole situation is rediculous.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Pierro » 16 Apr 2020, 09:46

Thanks Burgerman, I agree with you 100%.

One more question: if you have the chair at home, is it possible to find a way?
Pierro

Postby Burgerman » 16 Apr 2020, 10:28

Theres a easy way with r-net, but not cheap. Theres easy ways with many older systems from the big manufacturers. Often pretty cheap. But other than that, you are now pretty much screwed.

Buy R-net chairs. Or control systems. Or older chairs with easy solutions like pilot plus, vr2, or dynamic systems before the new LiNX systems, get DX or DX2 120A systems. Older curtis instrument stuff, or older curtiss wright (PGDT). Can all be done. Avoid pride, permobil.

But modern stuff? R-net, and a OEM programmer is accessible and expensive but essential. Its also the best. And may be lower powered, 50, 80, 90, or the only one really worth having 120A versions. Many joysticks all plug and play. Which is why: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8857
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby wheelinghome » 17 Apr 2020, 21:29

Burgerman wrote:Undoubtedly. But maybe some secret tool the manufacturer has or some PC software. And not likely that you will get access to that. We are not worthy.

I have 2 keys for mine. One is the standard round ended magnet which I would assume you could just substitute a normal household magnet for (as long as it was narrow enough to fit in the receiving hole). You can then refer to the online documentation for parameter settings/details for things like acceleration; turn sensitivity, shut off time etc.

The 2nd I believe to be the dealer key as this was an ex-demonstrator chair- you can see in the photo below how it is a notched key. I didn't have this key on my 1st alber. I believe like Burgerman said this was probably only given to dealers so would have been difficult to get when the chair was available new let alone now. There is no online documentation as to how this key can be utilized. I don't even know where you can use it- my guess would be that you would have to unscrew the joystick pod whereas the standard key can be used by placing it in the slot underneath the joystick pod.

I don't think the dealer key gives you any more granularity in terms of control settings. I think it was used for switching the chairs from the 6mph version to the 8mph version and a couple of other things like activating the recline mode when fitted and possibly lights. So unless you're changing components in the chair I don't think you need it.

Basic and dealer key
https://ibb.co/3mwxsWy

Basic key slot (underneath of joystick pod)
https://ibb.co/YB0WJ4Z
wheelinghome

Postby Burgerman » 17 Apr 2020, 21:37

The complex factory or OEM level programmer will be unlikely to be built in. It will be a device like a hand held or a PC so that it can save all the complex low level settings, to a file to be repeated on a production line for e.g. Just like the R-Net OEM programmer/files we all use here.

Dealer/user stuff will only offer some really basic stuff. Which may or may not be OK depending on its base programming, and what the user/dealer stuff allows.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Pierro » 18 Apr 2020, 09:07

Hi,

the 2nd key (not the round one) is for the electronic immobilizer. It is held briefly above the control via the key symbol and switches off or on.

Burgerman is right. The salesperson I phoned, spoke of software on the laptop.

I am actually considering to convert the A10 to R-Net controls. However, I have never done anything like this. Maybe you can give me some tips on which devices I need or which controls are suitable.

Greetings, Pierro
Pierro

Postby Burgerman » 18 Apr 2020, 09:38

You cant. For several reasons.

1. it works on 12V, and so will run on 1 battery. Rnet stops functioning at around 23V.
2. Its brushless, r-net has no brushless capability.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby wheelinghome » 18 Apr 2020, 14:43

Pierro wrote:Hi,

the 2nd key (not the round one) is for the electronic immobilizer. It is held briefly above the control via the key symbol and switches off or on.

Just checked this. You are correct.

More info from the manual (they call it drive away lock)-

4.6.1 Activating the drive away lock
– Switch the adventure on.
– Hold the magnetic key [70] against the symbol [61] on the
control unit.
– The drive away lock is activated, the adventure switches
off automatically.

4.6.2 Deactivating the drive away lock
– Switch the adventure on.
– Hold the magnetic key [70] against the symbol [61] on the
control unit.
– The drive away lock is deactivated, the adventure can immediately
be operated via the control unit.
wheelinghome

Postby Burgerman » 19 Apr 2020, 11:28

The imporant question remains. How do you get your hands on the programmer that lives on a PC that actually allows you some control over what is happening?

Without that you are basically very limited in what you can do.

This, combined with too small battery are the most negative features of this chair. The other thing is that they are meant as a portable car boot capable chair. But dissaembly and reassembly is such a heavy and hard thing to do that most owners report trying that once... And fragile stock tyres.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby rover220 » 19 Apr 2020, 12:52

To my knowledge there is no pc programmer available.
rover220

Postby Burgerman » 19 Apr 2020, 13:46

There has to be some way to set 101 parameters that the on board stuff does not see or mention. And a way for the factory to configure many hidden things.

In the same way that I know a factory or manufactures version must exist that offers more than OEM programming does for r-net. Because many obvious things are missing. Such as the temp rollback settings, temperature C start point, amounts of current reduction, recovery time, hysterisis, etc. And many others. It must exist, its just kept quiet...

Many years ago I sold some rolling road software that my programmer wrote. If you added a secret code to the run command /:-) like that, it had an extra screen of complex settings and calibration etc. We wanted to be sure dynamometer owners did not tune the thing to read higher... As they seem to want to do. So every one was locked to the drum mass and spin down (windage losses) and all read the same accurate horsepower/watts in every country. So it was a hidden programmer... There must be a way to configure a lot of things in r-net other than that which we see. They are just not telling us how. Most likely a C dongle. Or a way to run the OEM software we dont know about. Only used by PG DRIVES internally.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby ramboo73 » 14 Sep 2021, 08:48

Hello. I recently bought a used Alber adventure a10 stroller and it is not configured properly for me. I have a magnetic key to enter the setup mode. But I do not know which parameter is responsible for what. Could you please send me a setup guide? And how to enable the display of the kilometers traveled on the joystick display . With respect.
ramboo73

Postby woodygb » 14 Sep 2021, 10:52

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr
woodygb

Postby ramboo73 » 14 Sep 2021, 11:57

woodygb wrote:https://www.abletrader.com/docs/Alber-Adventure/Alber-Adventure_A10-programming_service_guide.pdf

Thanks.
ramboo73

Postby Pierro » 26 Mar 2023, 09:57

Burgerman wrote:You cant. For several reasons.

1. it works on 12V, and so will run on 1 battery. Rnet stops functioning at around 23V.
2. Its brushless, r-net has no brushless capability.

Hi Burgerman,

a few days ago I had to replace the batteries.

I found out that 2 batteries are connected in line in each of the two battery boxes. So the chair needs 24 volts. Until then, I thought the same as you.

Both battery boxes are connected in parallel.

As it seems, there is still no good news about OEM-level programming software.

Could someone figure something out by looking inside the ECU (Powermodul) and its components?
Would something like that even be conceivable?

Pierro
Pierro

Return to Everything Powerchair