CANhacker

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

CANhacker

Postby Martin King » 04 Jul 2020, 22:51

I've done a search and not found anything is anyone using CANhacker to look at RNet? What other sniffing tools are people using if not?
Martin King

Re: CANhacker

Postby Irving » 14 Jul 2020, 19:21

Looking at RNet is easy, I use various interfaces as shown in this thread www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9234

Making sense of what you see is much more difficult because this is a proprietary message set. Its not like a car or other systems where they use J1939 messages or the OpenCAN HVAC message-set for example. PGDT don't even use CAN messages quite the way Bosch intended, there's a certain amount of licence taken with the message structures.

There's only a couple of people able/keen to do this around here...
C5/6 A (complete)
Puma 40, 75Ah LiFePO4 (pic is on tour @ Whistler, BC)
Puma 40 backup, 73Ah MK (for now)
Spectra Plus (weedy 40Ah MK)
Irving

Re: CANhacker

Postby LROBBINS » 14 Jul 2020, 19:33

It's far easier to construct a completely new message set than to decipher what someone else has done, especially if they didn't follow the CAN protocol. I know, I've done the former but have no interest whatsoever in trying to do the latter. And even then Roboteq didn't followed CAN protocol in deciding how to use the ID field - grrrr. Of course, my message set is open source, so anyone can use it or modify it as they might wish, but I'm not trying to make a buck with what I do.
LROBBINS

Return to Everything Powerchair