Batteries replacement for Frontier x5

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Batteries replacement for Frontier x5

Postby Rollin Positive » 15 Sep 2020, 17:52

Need some help I sold my Fronter x5 to a family in Florida last summer and they need to replace the batteries.

I know is a challenge because I think she seat has to fold forward and then the batteries have to be removed but can someone give me some diagram she has to relay it to her neighbor who is going to try and help and I just cant remember how...
Rollin Positive

Re: Batteries replacement for Frontier x5

Postby Burgerman » 15 Sep 2020, 19:19

Dont have one and never tried changing batteries on one for anyone else. But I am told it was a royal pain in the backside compared to most chairs.

Be sure they fit GOOD quality, preferably gel, low impedance batteries, and level them up by connecting pos to pos, and neg to neg for 24 hours or longer BEFORE fitting. Or fully charge both at 12V individually first, OR charge both in parallel at 12V (connected together) before fitting. Or they may have a rather shorter life than expected.

Why? The last batch of batteries that arrived here were in a different state of charge. I used to sell batteries. I am talking about pallets of them. A quick test of each on delivery with a very accurate digital fluke multimeter showed them to be between 70 and 90% charged. Thats quite common. So if two get charged in SERIES when fitted, one gets damaged by gassing, grid corrosion from over voltage charging, the other gets sulfated from undercharge. After say 10 or 20 cycles they would be levelled up. But by then the rot has begun.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Batteries replacement for Frontier x5

Postby Pierro » 16 Sep 2020, 08:46

Rollin Positive wrote:Need some help I sold my Fronter x5 to a family in Florida last summer and they need to replace the batteries.

I know is a challenge because I think she seat has to fold forward and then the batteries have to be removed but can someone give me some diagram she has to relay it to her neighbor who is going to try and help and I just cant remember how...

Maybe this will help you:
https://www.mobilityscootersforhire.com ... e-A-09.pdf
https://www.magicmobility.com.au/wp-con ... e-X8-1.pdf
Pierro
My dream: drive a self-made power chair with a lot of power and high speed. For infinite range.
Pierro

Return to Everything Powerchair