Lead - Lithium Combined - will it work when lead are dead ?

Power wheelchair board for REAL info!

POWERCHAIR MENU! www.wheelchairdriver.com/powerchair-stuff.htm

Lead - Lithium Combined - will it work when lead are dead ?

Postby expresso » 20 Sep 2020, 18:58

i have my very first chair - over 20 years and i have to say its the best indoor chair for me - i just feel very good using that one indoors - small compact - seat back - it has tilt - P220 - 2 pole motors - Since i dont buy lead never have - the lead in this chair has been a while - i decided to connect my very first small 36ah pack to it so it can have longer battery life -

i wonder - in this situation - if the lead batteries go dead - will get worse - if having the ADD ON combined - will the chair just continue to work off the ADD ON even if the lead is mostly dead - - so i wont have to replace the lead at all ? its only indoor chair - - will charge it maybe once a week if needed or every few weeks - or just wait till green light drops out and then do a nice full charge again -

i also do have another combo chair P222se - which i no longer use outdoors - just dosnt fit me well any more and no comfortable as i once was - none of those chairs are covered now - not looking to replace lead batteries - i have a 60ah ADD ON on this chair -

will it just continue to work off the ADD ON even when the lead goes really dead ?
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Re: Lead - Lithium Combined - will it work when lead are dea

Postby Burgerman » 20 Sep 2020, 19:12

Yes. But it will take more Amps, up to quite a lot at high demand, over 100A at times. So cables will need to be heavy.

But the lead cant go dead as its connected to the non dead lithium...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Lead - Lithium Combined - will it work when lead are dea

Postby expresso » 20 Sep 2020, 19:15

the cable from the lead to Anderson for the ADD ON - are 8awg - should be good enough - the pack cables maybe 10 awg though - this was done 6 years ago - still working fine 36ah my first pack - i figure i put it to use this way -
Quickie 636 - 230ah LifePo4
expresso

Return to Everything Powerchair