New Van Options

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Re: New Van Options

Postby segreen » 09 Jan 2018, 14:04

I am quite keen to see a Caravelle and see how it works with my chair. I'm coming to the conclusion that if a lowered floor Caravelle is not suitable then my only option is to have an import. Not sure who the best convertors are over there though, Braun, VMI, Rollex... From what I can make out and see, the Braun sounds and probably looks like a better thoughout conversion although I think you prefer Rollex John? Might need some imput from our Americans friends on the board to clarify that though! The new Chysler Pacifica is catching my eye but having never seen one I don't know if it is as good as it looks. I note what you say about the Honda and Toyota. I wouldn't rule them out either.

I note from my rough calculations that the difference in price if I was to buy the top of the range vehilce with current exchange rates it looks something like Chysler Pacifica for $70k that's around £51k plus shipping and hand controls say another £4k against a VW Caravelle at around £75-£80k. Big money. czy
segreen

Postby Burgerman » 09 Jan 2018, 17:26

From what I can make out and see, the Braun sounds and probably looks like a better thoughout conversion although I think you prefer Rollex John?

I think theres literally no difference. Although I saw a few braun with b pillar corrosion and not with rollx yet. Build and finish? Same.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby segreen » 10 Jan 2018, 12:23

My son's off to San Diago this week for a month so I've tasked him with visiting http://www.abilitycenter.com/ for an afternoon and checking the various convertors and different models out. Should be able to get a good feel for what's out there and what's suitable, including conversion quality etc... He's grown up with my vans and knows them inside out. I'll report his findings when he's back in February!
segreen

Previous

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's