Ramp Rattle 2014 Chrysler Town and Country Braunability

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Ramp Rattle 2014 Chrysler Town and Country Braunability

Postby F3Head » 19 Jun 2023, 20:24

Ramp Rattle 2014 Chrysler Town and Country Braunability 14 Inch Drop Floor

I have 2014 Chrysler T & C with a foldout ramp. The van has low mileage roughly 14,000 or so thousand miles. When stowed, the ramp rattles quite a bit and is loud enough to be more than annoying. I had MobilityWorks Norristown, PA tighten up the ramp the last time it was in for service. The technician said that most of the foldout ramps rattle and are loud by default. He also said that the ramp rattle of my van wasn't nearly as bad as others he's driven in.

I'm assuming that when the foldout ramp retracts and folds back in that the sliding door closes and slightly rests against the ramp to stop it from rattling? I see 2 rubber strips on the ramp about 12 inches long which you can see in the photo have some slight wear on them. There's one on each side of the ramp. I'm thinking that if I replaced these 12 inch rubber strips with fresh ones (maybe slightly thicker) that might make the ramp rattle less? What if I were to extend the 2 rubber strips a couple of inches? I don't want to mess anything up and have the ramp not retract or deploy again automatically. I know I'm always going to have some ramp rattle. I'm open to any ideas and suggestions to lower the ramp rattle noise. It gets on my nerves.

Thanks… F3HEAD

I double posted this in the van forum to get more views… Just delete it if it's a problem…
Attachments
2014 Chrysler Town and Country Rubber Rattle Strip Capture.JPG
foldout ramp rattle
F3Head

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's