Further OPTIONS

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

Further OPTIONS

Postby FurtherOptInc » 08 Jul 2011, 19:01

Hello everyone, I introduced myself and now it's time to introduce one of my babies. As mentioned in my introduction, I was not humored in the least bit when my therapists told me I would now be driving a van. At home in my driveway sat a brand-new Ford four-wheel-drive pickup truck, I had already installed a lift kit / chrome wheels / over-sized tires / diamond plate aluminum components / etc., I had had it for less than two months. I started plotting and planning, finding the right people and asking tons of questions, and drawing. I tried every approach I could come up with, I would be inspired by something seen at a carnival / while rolling through the mall / on the farm / anywhere and everywhere. One of my main targets was - I wanted the vehicle to look factory original…so we could modify it to reflect our own personalities, whether lifted up in the sky / lowered down on the pavement / whatever WE may decide for ourselves. It took a long time, it is a combination of the knowledge of everyone who has been a part of my life since my misguided dive, but we did it.

What you see in this picture is a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado, 2 wheel drive, extended cab, pickup truck. We have not modified the rocker panel, the mainframe, or the fuel system…it has 54 inches of floor to ceiling height...I drive it from my quickie P 200 power wheelchair. Our goal is to continue expanding the choices we have concerning auto mobility. If you go to our website - http://www.further-options.com - you will see the beginning of that expansion.

John, I cannot tell you how much I wish we were closer! I have a gentleman from Ireland who would like to see our application integrated into a Range Rover, or some other midsize SUV available on the European market. Working with you, I'm sure, would bring this to fruition sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for the opportunity to learn/share/dream…thank you for your efforts!

Scott A. Darnell
Further OPTIONS, Inc.
Attachments
Entry Level 1a.jpg
Entry Level 1a.jpg (200.25 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
Entry Level 2a.jpg
Entry Level 2a.jpg (237.06 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
FurtherOptInc

Re: Further OPTIONS

Postby Burgerman » 08 Jul 2011, 21:00

Whilst I would love to do this, I really dont see a way to afford a £50k or 75k dollars range rover to cut up!

I did see one thing I liked the look of though! >>> Cristy Willman!!!

Anyway, I am used to cutting stuff up myself. I used to drive a nitrous injected (I build nitrous systems) 4 cyclinder european car (with an alloy V8 and 5 speed box dropped in it) as my tow car. It was used to tow my also home designed mobile dynamometer with my nitrous turbo suzuki drag/street bike in it! So I know where you are comming from.

see here http://www.nitrous.info for my DIY nitrous systems!

You could add an extra 300 bhp to that without really worrying it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby FurtherOptInc » 12 Jul 2011, 05:50

We are on the same page concerning high-priced rides! We have many more options here that are larger vehicles, and there are body styles that have pretty much stayed unchanged for a long time (1999-Current Ford Super Duty 2500 pickup trucks - something I am more interested in, 2003-Current BMW 7 series). I will keep you abreast as to my cutting stuff up!

...and, as to "abreast"... You are certainly not the first to find/notice/admire Cristy...she appears to be an easy "target" to find! ...we are very fortunate to have her on our team…

Will talk to you soon, as I'm building a chair and would absolutely love to have your input. You truly have inspired me to get a few things done I had been putting off…talk to you soon…thanks for everything!

...and we don't cut them up much either...
Attachments
m-escalade shoot dodd 016.jpg
m-escalade shoot dodd 016.jpg (170.34 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
m - escalade shoot dodd 034.jpg
m - escalade shoot dodd 034.jpg (153.53 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
FurtherOptInc

Postby Burgerman » 12 Jul 2011, 09:22

Theres another problem here as well. Fuel. Its almost 6 uk pounds a gallon. Thats about 9 dollars! We are all looking for small engines and smaller cars. Not me personally, I love power and do few miles, but the vast majority. Which is yet another thing against the powerchair user... I wouldnt mind but its all tax. To save the planet from an imaginary "man made" global warming... :lol:
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby LorrieT » 12 Jul 2011, 18:00

That's amazing work you do there. The truck and the Escalade look completely stock from the outside and one would never have guessed that it is built for a wheelchair driver. I'm a big fan of BMW sedans and would love to see what you do with a 7-series. You are definitely providing "Further Options" for us. Thanks.
LorrieT

Postby FurtherOptInc » 19 Jul 2011, 16:11

LorrieT...thank you for the kind words…stay tuned, because I am with you on the BMW 7-series! We have a brand new wheelchair lift that is giving us quite a bit more stroke…so I am contemplating a big/tall/lifted truck - I know, I know, it is a crazy thought with fuel prices the way they currently are - but a lot of the young men disabled in the military like big trucks...I want them to know and see that they can still drive what they were driving before they got hurt AND, as you pointed out, it can still look just like a factory vehicle - ready to be tweaked out however they want! I'm working to bring another idea to fruition, which will give us many more vehicle options to choose from. So the BMW is going to have to wait a little bit...but it will get done…
FurtherOptInc

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's