VW Caddy Maxi Life DSG

Adapted Vehicles.

VEHICLE MENU: www.wheelchairdriver.com/accessible-vehicles.htm

VW Caddy Maxi Life DSG

Postby Phil Esgate » 02 Jul 2012, 23:23

I have ordered a VW Caddy Maxi Life with a 7 speed DSG gearbox and Hand Controls from Automotive Group (Glasgow I think) http://www.automotivegroup.co.uk/wheelc ... y-maxi-mpv

I will use it as an external transfer with a banana board, for me to drive, with my powerchair going up the ramp seperately. But If I sit in the back (like the Pope) we can get 5 + 1 Powerchair in and still have a fair bit of room for luggage at the sides, which ain't too bad. It should be with me by 3rd week in July (yes this year). It has a lowered floor and rear entry ramp. The ramp is nice and wide for the casters to turn for exit.

The one we did a test drive in did not have Hill Start Assist on it. But I've done a deal to get the privacy gass and Hillstart Assist all in at the asking price. Plus I'm having it in the latest fashion colour (I'm colour blind, so Mary chose it!) Blackberry! Whatever the heck that is 8-)

Shame my Discovery has to go, as I simply can't get into it anymore, and trying to have a drive with a floor mop on the pedals was proving a bit tricky! :lol:
Phil Esgate

Re: VW Caddy Maxi Life DSG

Postby Burgerman » 03 Jul 2012, 13:39

Mr bean managed from a chair on the roof of his mini.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Phil Esgate » 03 Jul 2012, 20:24

It's not Glasgow - It's Newcastle .... still a foreign accent though, easy mistake :?
Phil Esgate

Postby mattross » 20 Jul 2012, 21:29

I have one of these, with a SpaceDrive 4-way joystick controller. Was the smallest vehicle I could fit my Storm 3 into :)
mattross

Return to Adapted Cars Vans MPV's